help needed

peasepud

Im working on a little project at the mo and need some additional help with stuff.

Team formations, Im trying to sort out a comprehensive list of the possible sensible ones and more importantly the player types within them.

Formations Ive got so far are:

3-4-3

3-5-2

4-3-2-1

4-3-3

4-4-1-1

4-4-2

5-3-2

5-2-3

5-2-2-1

What I now need to add in is the player types in one list ie LB (Left Back), RB - Right Back etc etc

Anyone fancy sticking them in here to save me time while I do the relevant coding?

3-4-3 is a system the current leaders (Berne) over here in Switzerland are playing:

RCD (right central defender)

CD

LCD (left central defender)

RM

CM

LM

RF

CF

LF

As there are no real full-backs, the right & left midfielder have an important job to do: helping out at the back while defending, providing width while attacking. Also, the central midfielder has to be a real box-to-box player.

The right & left forwards drop back into midfield roles when the team is defending. All three forwards exchange positions constantly.

Therefore, a lot of discipline is needed and a lot of running needs to be done. But you've got an attractive, attacking-looking team, constantly on the move. If you've got the right players - great. If you haven't got them and you play 3-4-3, you're in trouble, as the back three is exposed time and time again.

@kingkev - nice one, that's what he's looking for. The names of the positions for each formation.

Can one of our Fifa/PES owning stoodent layabouts not switch on their xbox/PS3 and jot them down please. Some of us are at work :jesuswept:

cant believe no one has mentioned 4-1-3-2.

2 FB getting forward to provide width, 2 CB big stopper types, 1 DM again big stopper, 3 CM/AM (1 sitting, 2 getting forward), 2 strikers

GK

RB

LB

CB

CB

DM

AM

CM

AM

ST

ST

2 FB getting forward to provide width, 2 CB big stopper types, 1 DM again big stopper, 3 CM/AM (1 sitting, 2 getting forward), 2 strikers

GK

RB

LB

CB

CB

DM

AM

CM

AM

ST

ST

Who plays like that btw?

Quick scan on Google through up this..

4-6-0 :jesuswept:

Dalglish's team Versus Monaco away?

Funny you should say that but I immediately thought of Dalglish.

GK

RB

LB

CB

CB

DM

AM

CM

AM

ST

ST

Who plays like that btw?

Arsenal used to sometimes when they had Henry. I use it exclusively on Champ Manager. works a treat!!

GK

RB

LB

CB

CB

DM

AM

CM

AM

ST

ST

Who plays like that btw?

Arsenal used to sometimes when they had Henry. I use it exclusively on Champ Manager. works a treat!!

Never seen it used in the way you describe in real life tbh. It doesn't even make sense. A DM then three attacking midfielders with one of them sitting in?

Sure I read in Shoot magazine when I was a lad his fantasy 11 formation was

10-0-0 and then proceeded to name one keeper and ten defenders.

George Graham interview?

GK

RB

LB

CB

CB

DM

AM

CM

AM

ST

ST

Who plays like that btw?

Never seen it used in the way you describe in real life tbh. It doesn't even make sense. A DM then three attacking midfielders with one of them sitting in?

???

i never said 3 AM's?

...... GK

RB CB CB LB

...... DM

. AM CM AM

.....ST ST

with the 2 FB's getting forward. any clearer now??

Edited by AgentAxeman

You said "3 CM/AM". If they're playing different roles, why would you group them together? Your description would make it 4-1-1-2-2. I've never seen that either so saying 'I can't believe no one has mentioned...' as though it's some widely used formation doesn't make sense either. I'm sure it did work a treat on CM for you though :jesuswept:

You said "3 CM/AM". If they're playing different roles, why would you group them together? Your description would make it 4-1-1-2-2. I've never seen that either so saying 'I can't believe no one has mentioned...' as though it's some widely used formation doesn't make sense either. I'm sure it did work a treat on CM for you though :jesuswept:

the only difference with the CM's is that 1 sits pulling the strings and 2 go forward. Its described like that because thats the starting positions.

Sheesh!!

You said "3 CM/AM". If they're playing different roles, why would you group them together? Your description would make it 4-1-1-2-2. I've never seen that either so saying 'I can't believe no one has mentioned...' as though it's some widely used formation doesn't make sense either. I'm sure it did work a treat on CM for you though :P

the only difference with the CM's is that 1 sits pulling the strings and 2 go forward. Its described like that because thats the starting positions.

Sheesh!!

:jesuswept: Keep digging. Who played these roles for Arsenal btw?

Edited by alex

Historically there was a 2-3-5 - full backs, half backs with a centre-half who wasn't a defender but the original "midfield general" and then a traditional forward line.

Irony abounds, Peaspudd'n didn't have that formation in his list yet you must consider that most of our glory days were won with a 2-3-5 line-up in olden times.

Inccidently NJS, the centre-half was a defined defender, don't think I ever heard Frank Brennan referred to as a mid-field general, more often as a 'stopper'.

Historically there was a 2-3-5 - full backs, half backs with a centre-half who wasn't a defender but the original "midfield general" and then a traditional forward line.

Irony abounds, Peaspudd'n didn't have that formation in his list yet you must consider that most of our glory days were won with a 2-3-5 line-up in olden times.

Inccidently NJS, the centre-half was a defined defender, don't think I ever heard Frank Brennan referred to as a mid-field general, more often as a 'stopper'.

I was thinking more of Andy Aitken from the Edwardian days - it was him I read referred to as more of a playmaker - possibly much later personified by Charlton or Beckenbauer in a different formation.