Stevie

Andrew

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder which sad characters have been pming mods with regard to Stevie's posts?

You condemn Stevie too by those same words tho tbf. If he thinks the mods should be non-interventionist he's got nee business pm'ing them all the time himself, trying to dictate policy :lol:

Not me anyway just for the record.

Some forums work the same as this one in it's democratic admin and others have 'one at the top'. I think this place is better because we do discuss any major issues between us rather than one admin making a unilateral decision on those bigger issues. In fact, as admins; we police ourselves too. I've known Tom to be pulled up by his peers because of doing just that.

Anyway, my lunch break is well past over and I have work to do.

FYP

:lol: Clever fucker

I used to be a regular on the SI forums up until not so long ago.

Excellent mods over there with no bother whatsoever, although it is hard to integrate yourself in there if you're a new poster.

I wonder which sad characters have been pming mods with regard to Stevie's posts?

Parky blatantly trying to make himself look innocent in all of this :lol:

I'm not the one on the rack here sweetie. :lol:

Bring him back 3 strikes and out stylee. You can do it. PP and you secretly admire Stevie and want to be more like him I can see that..... :rolleyes:

Nah, that would never work.

Why should we have any say on who stays and who goes? Granted we can feel aggrieved at it but that's all.

You're right it wouldn't and it shouldn't be that way.

That is why forums have admins and moderators.

Some forums work the same as this one in it's democratic admin and others have 'one at the top'. I think this place is better because we do discuss any major issues between us rather than one admin making a unilateral decision on those bigger issues. In fact, as admins; we police ourselves too. I've known members of the admin/mod team be pulled up by their peers because of doing just that.

Anyway, my lunch break is well past over and I have work to do.

But isn't the truth of the matter that this all kicked off yesterday when Stevie had a go at Craig. And was it not Craig who slagged off Stevie in that thread first.

Definately seems like rattles out the pram.

No. Howay man CT - do you honestly think this is all because of that?

You condemn Stevie too by those same words tho tbf. If he thinks the mods should be non-interventionist he's got nee business pm'ing them all the time himself, trying to dictate policy :lol:

But it was just funny when he asked peoples ip's to be checked...Never took it seriously.. :lol:

Parky blatantly trying to make himself look innocent in all of this :lol:

I'm not the one on the rack here sweetie. :lol:

Bring him back 3 strikes and out stylee. You can do it. PP and you secretly admire Stevie and want to be more like him I can see that..... :rolleyes:

"Oh dear....."

:rolleyes:

Excellent mods over there with no bother whatsoever, although it is hard to integrate yourself in there if you're a new poster.

i think thats due to the insane levels of traffic than anything else

quite a few will sign up for one issue then stop posting rather than being a contributing memeber over a long period

been a member there since 2004 and only have about 900 posts

compared to here or harmony central thats really not a lot

ed:just realised this thread got me to over 4k posts too, oh dear

Edited by Andrew

quite a few will sign up for one issue then stop posting rather than being a contributing memeber over a long period

www.harmonyuk.com ?

But it was just funny when he asked peoples ip's to be checked...Never took it seriously.. :lol:

Do you reckon that's the only time he pm's them like? I get the impression he's the biggest lobbyist on here, theres always some reference to a 'discussion' he's had with mods by pm. Serial complainer tbh. Which he can do if he wants but it cuts both ways if you're going to be a big lad about it.

Can we turn this thread into a shrine of his posts?

Franz Carr was a world beater some games, other times he looked like he should be selling watches on the beach

and who can forget

someone check this cunts IP

I liked Stevie as a poster FWIW, he must have had about 20 chances on here though, suspensions etc.

I think everyone is just upset that he was banned for a culmination of things as opposed to one awesome post, deriding every race/religion/country/poster.

Was Vic not banned too? Twice in fact.

It would be more sensible to just delete any offending post and put him in the sin-bin for 2 weeks. Takes about 10 seconds to do, so if he repeat offends its another 10 seconds of someone's time. Seems a better approach to me.

This . Simple really!

As I can't remember if you around when this happened CT, for your benefit I'll go over this again.

Stevie has been sin-binned (put on moderation that is) on several occasions, he's had various priviledges removed and then returned (when he went through a phase of inappropriate avatars / sigs) and even had a temporary ban after which he was told he was on his final warning. A final warning we failed to enforce btw in his subsequent transgressions until now.

His ban was not a spur of the moment thing, nor was it a one man crusade etc.

:lol:

www.harmonyuk.com ?

http://www.harmony-central.com/

Can we turn this thread into a shrine of his posts?

Franz Carr was a world beater some games, other times he looked like he should be selling watches on the beach

and who can forget

someone check this cunts IP

I liked Stevie as a poster FWIW, he must have had about 20 chances on here though, suspensions etc.

I think everyone is just upset that he was banned for a culmination of things as opposed to one awesome post, deriding every race/religion/country/poster.

postcode

Do you reckon that's the only time he pm's them like? I get the impression he's the biggest lobbyist on here, theres always some reference to a 'discussion' he's had with mods by pm. Serial complainer tbh. Which he can do if he wants but it cuts both ways if you're going to be a big lad about it.

I would have just banned him for a month from GC. His football craic was top notch.

www.harmonyuk.com ?

Harmony and me, we're pretty good company.

Drifting out to islands, in our boat upon the sea.

Harmony, gee I really love you....and I wanna love you forever.

I dream of the never, ever leavin' Harmony.

Being a fan, Alex will know that's one of Elton John's :lol:

I would have just banned him for a month from GC. His football craic was top notch.

Not saying theres a right or wrong answer to it just to clarify. Presumably, at the end of the day it boiled down to whether the people who actually have to put any graft/coin into the site thought that it was worth the hassle. Evidently they thought it was for a long time. Seemingly that balance changed; everyone's allowed to air their views in response. Fair do's.

Obviously this won't be posted, but I just want to say a few things here. I didn't asked to be banned, I merely stated if you were thick enough to consider what I put as racist, and not at all tongue in cheek that is up to you. Ketsbaia raised a good point, what have I said in recent weeks, even months any worse than anyone else on any subject??? I was told to tone it down, I did but anyway fuck it.....I have no more to say on the matter you have your victory, I feel like a black who's committed no crime in 70's South Africa, incarcerated without any reason at all. If it's an accumulation of things, why ban me yesterday and why not 2 weeks or 2 months ago. At the end of the day it came down to something personal, and fuck knows why the hidden forum thread won't be shown, I don't hold grudges, and even if I did why would you care seeing as though I'm not even fucking going to be on this site??

All in all an utterly pathetic episode in this forums 6 year history, and perhaps leaving this forum is the best thing all round given that fact.

Not saying theres a right or wrong answer to it just to clarify. Presumably, at the end of the day it boiled down to whether the people who actually have to put any graft/coin into the site thought that it was worth the hassle. Evidently they thought it was for a long time. Seemingly that balance changed; everyone's allowed to air their views in response. Fair do's.

Generally speaking the modding on here is very good.