Stevie

Andrew

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect the delay whilst waiting for their approval will be used to edit some of your posts in the thread.

A little dickie bird told me something last week which suggests Craig is telling the truth about it being fairly unanimous and something that's been building for a while tbf to him.

Fair enough, but there's only one of them loving the opportunity to patronise the board members on the issue.

I think he just takes it to heart tbh. Plus, you're basically calling him a liar with nothing to back that up. You'd defend yourself too, wouldn't you if the positions were reversed?

Thanks Alex. As for the others, theres no patronising going on, I'm merely trying to explain what's gone on and why without going into unnecessary detail. The others haven't on account that most aren't on here at the moment and those that are are probably seeing the backlash that's happening and can't be arsed with it - I don't blame them either.

if people want to run their own forum with the own rules then they can do so otherwise STFU

Come back when've caught up with everything son...

You're remarkably sensitive considering the nature of the member who you're defending.

Good point :lol:

I can understand the boards position and wouldn't like the task of dealing with a bunch or reprobates on a dailiy basis but banning anyone still doesn't sit easily with me.

I hope there's a way back from this because I've seen this kind of thing happen elsewhere and it can be a complete pisser for everybody.

Nor any of us who have to do it which is why it's only the second time it's happened.

Craig you were being a nob to Stevie tbf. What was the point in attacking him for quoting a line from a TV show, even if you knew it was such? Get a life?

:lol:

I've read this forum for a long time, son, but a typical condescending reply from yourself from up there on the horse. Stevie is one of only a small selection of local posters on here and is pretty well liked, he goes close to the line sometimes but if you come down on stuff like that too hard you just end up with Newcastle Online, which is frankly unbearable.

If you've read it for a long time then I put you in the 'need you head examined' category that I referred to earlier.

Stevie well liked? Well I've had a multitude of PMs that counter that claim. I don't doubt that some like him but definitely not all. Anyway regardless of whether he's liked or not, he's continually transgressed (NOT as you put it 'goes close to the line sometimes') and despite being asked to cut out certain aspects of his posting, he's continued effectively sticking 2 fingers up to those who manage the place and attempt to keep order. That's not just me btw.

As one member said earlier to me, if people want to run their own forum with the own rules then they can do so otherwise STFU and that they've often thought to themselves 'What must some people think' who are just browsing as guests etc. A bit embarrassing really from that standpoint. Especially if you realise people from other clubs, the media etc. will be reading messageboards from time to time.

As for ending up like N-O, this is only the second person who has been removed from TT in almost 5 years. It's hardly like we've got a 'forum of the banned'.

Anyway - he's gone. Get over it.

You obviously didn't take my criticism of being condescending seriously by opening your post with that. What a prick honestly. I've seen how all the other admins/mods go about their business and I've seen you and there's a massive difference. Telling people to STFU who disagree with the banning is out of line as well. You know he's done fuck all wrong when you have to refer to past discrepancies to justify the ban to people mate.

Why don't you read my post correctly and then come back and have another go? I was paraphrasing.... :rolleyes: It was the comment of someone else but that's not to say I don't agree with it.

Massive difference? How so? Because I come out and publically defend the decision of the team? :lol:

... and come across as a right snotty P.C cock in doing such. Why don't you move this magical Stevie thread over from the admin forum and let us all read it? I fully expect you won't because it'll pretty much expose how 100% in favour of it you were, and how the other admins probably reluctantly agreed in the end.

I fully expect we wont either because it's a mods thread, to be viewed by mods & admin's only. As for it all being Craig and we all reluctantly gave gave in to his demands? :rolleyes: bollocks.

Stevie had been on borrowed time for a while really. Several members of the mod & admin teams have requested that he be banned, for various things and to the frustration of many - he wasn't.

I'll hold my hands up and admit to being one of those who probably added to that frustration by explaining away his transgression. Usually as I'd ask myself 'Would we ban someone else for this too, or does this just feel worse because it's Stevie(again)'. For the record, I was no fan Stevie either, but I'm the sort of person who tries to view all sides and in my capacity as Admin I look at any issue in isolation rather than give much weight to 'previous'.

Thing is though, there's only so many times you can do that before you think to yourself, 'hang on, why are we having this conversation AGAIN. There's a pattern here.' Stevie was a repeat offender for the same offences.

There are very few rules on here and as has been explained on here before (ironically, the last time we banned Stevie) we're pretty relaxed; which for me is one of the reasons I like this place. If this were NO, Stevie would not have lasted as long as he did as they would not have been so tolerant. Saying that is a moot point really, as IIRC Stevie was banned from NO. On that point, we have a number of members on here who have been banned from NO for lesser crimes than Stevie was banned from here for; and they post on here without incident.

For the record - people don't get banned on here 'cos we dont like them. There are a few members on here I'm no fan of and I'm sure some of you feel the same about me; but you know what? that's fine :) (although when I track you down I will ban you!!! mwahahahaha :rolleyes: ) [/ end subconscious thoughts]. As Craig has pointed out already, this is only the 2nd poster we have ever banned, so it's not like we do it often and given the amount of discussion prior to it, it certainly was no quick thing.

This place pretty much runs itself because most people can keep to those few rules and that's great because I have better things to do than have discussions about who to ban etc.

In the end, with Stevie I personally started to feel that he was always pushing to see how far he'd get before one of us would bite. I have a 2yr old son who does that. He know's he doing something wrong, but just as he's about to do it; he stops & takes a quick look around to see if anyone will tell him off :icon_lol: The difference is, Stevie is a grown man not a toddler.

In all the time I've been an admin, I've never had to talk about any other member as much as I've talked about Stevie. In fact, other than Stevie & DannyB I don't think I've had to offer an opinion on any other member. What does that tell you?

For his faults, Stevie did contribute to this forum and that was one of the reasons he lasted as long as he did. But unfortunately some of the good stuff he contributed seemed to lose it's value by the manner in which he gave it imo.

Lastly, for the record (it's a 12" this one isn't it?) it wasn't Craig who banned him.

Stevie's gone, move on.

okay fair do's, this is the last thing ill say on the matter.

Surely the fairest and most proper way to deal with this would be to have a public vote on the forum this way you could gage the posters opinions on members where as you admins took it upon yourself to speak for everyone on the matter. This is a public forum after all and the idea of a mod is to moderate the forum to ensure the users are happy using the forum. But it would appear the mods didnt ask the users. Either way thats my thoughts on it. I just thinks its a shame really as the forum will be canny boring without his 2am rants

bloody hell

internet is serious business, craigs actually accepted the idea of moving the thread and you're still not happy?

look at how many times stevie has been warned, time and again but hes never accepted it

its a forum, which is paid for by a few members, its owned by them its not a democracy the authority is between them and whosoever they should choose

That little gem keeps coming up. As admins we contribute to the financial running of the forum just because it takes some money for it to exist. None of us expect anything in return, nor does it give us any right to operate above the rules we set on here.

This response wasn't directed specifically at you btw :lol:

Craig you were being a nob to Stevie tbf. What was the point in attacking him for quoting a line from a TV show, even if you knew it was such? Get a life?

I've read this forum for a long time, son, but a typical condescending reply from yourself from up there on the horse. Stevie is one of only a small selection of local posters on here and is pretty well liked, he goes close to the line sometimes but if you come down on stuff like that too hard you just end up with Newcastle Online, which is frankly unbearable.

If you've read it for a long time then I put you in the 'need you head examined' category that I referred to earlier.

Stevie well liked? Well I've had a multitude of PMs that counter that claim. I don't doubt that some like him but definitely not all. Anyway regardless of whether he's liked or not, he's continually transgressed (NOT as you put it 'goes close to the line sometimes') and despite being asked to cut out certain aspects of his posting, he's continued effectively sticking 2 fingers up to those who manage the place and attempt to keep order. That's not just me btw.

As one member said earlier to me, if people want to run their own forum with the own rules then they can do so otherwise STFU and that they've often thought to themselves 'What must some people think' who are just browsing as guests etc. A bit embarrassing really from that standpoint. Especially if you realise people from other clubs, the media etc. will be reading messageboards from time to time.

As for ending up like N-O, this is only the second person who has been removed from TT in almost 5 years. It's hardly like we've got a 'forum of the banned'.

You obviously didn't take my criticism of being condescending seriously by opening your post with that. What a prick honestly. I've seen how all the other admins/mods go about their business and I've seen you and there's a massive difference. Telling people to STFU who disagree with the banning is out of line as well. You know he's done fuck all wrong when you have to refer to past discrepancies to justify the ban to people mate.

Why don't you read my post correctly and then come back and have another go? I was paraphrasing.... :rolleyes: It was the comment of someone else but that's not to say I don't agree with it.

Massive difference? How so? Because I come out and publically defend the decision of the team? :lol:

... and come across as a right snotty P.C cock in doing such. Why don't you move this magical Stevie thread over from the admin forum and let us all read it? I fully expect you won't because it'll pretty much expose how 100% in favour of it you were, and how the other admins probably reluctantly agreed in the end.

I fully expect we wont either because it's a mods thread, to be viewed by mods & admin's only. As for it all being Craig and we all reluctantly gave gave in to his demands? :rolleyes: bollocks.

Stevie had been on borrowed time for a while really. Several members of the mod & admin teams have requested that he be banned, for various things and to the frustration of many - he wasn't.

I'll hold my hands up and admit to being one of those who probably added to that frustration by explaining away his transgression. Usually as I'd ask myself 'Would we ban someone else for this too, or does this just feel worse because it's Stevie(again)'. For the record, I was no fan Stevie either, but I'm the sort of person who tries to view all sides and in my capacity as Admin I look at any issue in isolation rather than give much weight to 'previous'.

Thing is though, there's only so many times you can do that before you think to yourself, 'hang on, why are we having this conversation AGAIN. There's a pattern here.' Stevie was a repeat offender for the same offences.

There are very few rules on here and as has been explained on here before (ironically, the last time we banned Stevie) we're pretty relaxed; which for me is one of the reasons I like this place. If this were NO, Stevie would not have lasted as long as he did as they would not have been so tolerant. Saying that is a moot point really, as IIRC Stevie was banned from NO. On that point, we have a number of members on here who have been banned from NO for lesser crimes than Stevie was banned from here for; and they post on here without incident.

For the record - people don't get banned on here 'cos we dont like them. There are a few members on here I'm no fan of and I'm sure some of you feel the same about me; but you know what? that's fine :) (although when I track you down I will ban you!!! mwahahahaha :rolleyes: ) [/ end subconscious thoughts]. As Craig has pointed out already, this is only the 2nd poster we have ever banned, so it's not like we do it often and given the amount of discussion prior to it, it certainly was no quick thing.

This place pretty much runs itself because most people can keep to those few rules and that's great because I have better things to do than have discussions about who to ban etc.

In the end, with Stevie I personally started to feel that he was always pushing to see how far he'd get before one of us would bite. I have a 2yr old son who does that. He know's he doing something wrong, but just as he's about to do it; he stops & takes a quick look around to see if anyone will tell him off :icon_lol: The difference is, Stevie is a grown man not a toddler.

In all the time I've been an admin, I've never had to talk about any other member as much as I've talked about Stevie. In fact, other than Stevie & DannyB I don't think I've had to offer an opinion on any other member. What does that tell you?

For his faults, Stevie did contribute to this forum and that was one of the reasons he lasted as long as he did. But unfortunately some of the good stuff he contributed seemed to lose it's value by the manner in which he gave it imo.

Lastly, for the record (it's a 12" this one isn't it?) it wasn't Craig who banned him.

Stevie's gone, move on.

Surely the fairest and most proper way to deal with this would be to have a public vote on the forum this way you could gage the posters opinions on members where as you admins took it upon yourself to speak for everyone on the matter. This is a public forum after all and the idea of a mod is to moderate the forum to ensure the users are happy using the forum. But it would appear the mods didnt ask the users. Either way thats my thoughts on it. I just thinks its a shame really as the forum will be canny boring without his 2am rants

If you'll miss him that much PM Smogger. I'm sure he has an email address or mobile number.

Speaking for myself, if the members of the board can come up with a better way of handling this by way of a clear procedure that will result in suspensions and ultimately bannings then I think we need to hear them, in that way next time (and I hope there isn't a next time) there can be no argument that the person in question didn't know exactly where their conduct was leading to.

As I said before, I'm a firm believer that Stevie knew precisely where his conduct was heading and got the outcome he was looking for.

Stevie's gone, move on.

If you'll miss him that much PM Smogger. I'm sure he has an email address or mobile number.

Levels of maturity on here are staggering . Well done Happy Face 1 point for you.

Edited by JaMoUsE

Why don't you read my post correctly and then come back and have another go? I was paraphrasing.... :) It was the comment of someone else but that's not to say I don't agree with it.

For the record - people don't get banned on here 'cos we dont like them. There are a few members on here I'm no fan of and I'm sure some of you feel the same about me; but you know what? that's fine :) (although when I track you down I will ban you!!! mwahahahaha :icon_lol: ) [/ end subconscious thoughts]. As Craig has pointed out already, this is only the 2nd poster we have ever banned, so it's not like we do it often and given the amount of discussion prior to it, it certainly was no quick thing.

In the end, with Stevie I personally started to feel that he was always pushing to see how far he'd get before one of us would bite. I have a 2yr old son who does that. He know's he doing something wrong, but just as he's about to do it; he stops & takes a quick look around to see if anyone will tell him off :rolleyes: The difference is, Stevie is a grown man not a toddler.

Stevie's gone, move on.

Levels of maturity of here are staggering . Well done Happy Face 1 point for you.

I was serious :rolleyes:

CT asked about where else he posts too.

I assume he's on Skunkers but I don't get on there.

Nah, that would never work.

Why should we have any say on who stays and who goes? Granted we can feel aggrieved at it but that's all.

You're right it wouldn't and it shouldn't be that way.

That is why forums have admins and moderators.

Some forums work the same as this one in it's democratic admin and others have 'one at the top'. I think this place is better because we do discuss any major issues between us rather than one admin making a unilateral decision on those bigger issues. In fact, as admins; we police ourselves too. I've known members of the admin/mod team be pulled up by their peers because of doing just that.

Anyway, my lunch break is well past over and I have work to do.

Was Vic not banned too? Twice in fact.

It would be more sensible to just delete any offending post and put him in the sin-bin for 2 weeks. Takes about 10 seconds to do, so if he repeat offends its another 10 seconds of someone's time. Seems a better approach to me.

Fan/User representation on the board though, its an interesting question some have brought up :lol:

How fucking precious are some people being btw? :lol:

Aye. Amazes me. Reading some of these you'd think some fucker had been murdered.

If my son was banned for the reasons Stevie had, Id slap him across the back of the head and call him a daft arse.

That is, after I'd had him on Tv for being a 2yr old that could type....