Ashley Cole out for three months

Andrew

Chelsea have announced that Ashley Cole will be unavailable for approximately three months after fracturing his left ankle on Wednesday.

The left-back sustained the injury in the Blues' 2-1 defeat to Everton at Goodison Park in a challenge with Landon Donovan.

Cole will now be in a race against time to be fit for Premier League title-chasing Chelsea's last game of the season against Wigan on 9th May.

The 29-year-old will also be a major concern for England manager Fabio Capello as he makes plans for the World Cup finals, which begin in June.

England's first game in the finals is against a USA side which is expected to feature Donovan.

Before that game the Three Lions play Egypt in a friendly on 3rd March at Wembley and Wayne Bridge will be a favourite to replace Cole.

That could see the Manchester City player re-united with John Terry for the first time since the recent off-field revelations about the former England captain's private life.

http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cu...5940053,00.html

normally I wouldn't give a shit but its a world cup year and bad news for england

so who would you put in that spot if cole isn't fit?

And so it begins! Can't be England going into a major tournament without key players either missing with injury or coming back from injury when it starts and not being fully fit and at their best!

I was just wondering the other day who would be first, my money was on Rooney as he is absolutley on fire, but he'll probably get injured nearer the time of the world cup!

they're quoting three months for him to be back which would be right at the back end of the season

6 weeks for most folk but following that six weeks you dont jump back into premier league football

well is it just me who thinks so?

it doesnt look like her face to me

I didn't think it looked like her either tbf and I'm sure SMO will soon be on telling us Cheryl doesn't have a tattoo on her torso.

Still, fit body so who cares! :lol:

I don't suppose this means any possiblity of our LB Van der Valk being recalled as cover?

Well he is only here for a month anyway...

Zhirkov will play there and Ferreira can cover not sure if he is fit though.