Newcastle United Statistics site.................................

accadacca

There used to be a brilliant one (toonstats.homestead.com) which had absolutely everything from 1892 up until about 2006. But the bloke who run it was tragically killed in accident. His missus was requesting for someone to take it over but it looks like she failed as it's no longer around.. :lol:

There used to be a brilliant one (toonstats.homestead.com) which had absolutely everything from 1892 up until about 2006. But the bloke who run it was tragically killed in accident. His missus was requesting for someone to take it over but it looks like she failed as it's no longer around.. :lol:

The wayback machine, seems to have alot of it archived.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/toonstats.homestead.com/*

It's a bit slow though

His wife gave me permission to take over the stuff and carry it on, trouble was she didnt have the passwords which, at the time would have meant everything was basically to be copied over by hand. I have to admit since then I forgot about it.

If people on here are willing to help out with it though then I'll dig it back out and take a look at screen-scraping the whole site into some form of database.

His wife gave me permission to take over the stuff and carry it on, trouble was she didnt have the passwords which, at the time would have meant everything was basically to be copied over by hand. I have to admit since then I forgot about it.

If people on here are willing to help out with it though then I'll dig it back out and take a look at screen-scraping the whole site into some form of database.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, but that seems a bit impossible with the site being down.

One could probally get it all of the wayback machine. And to save time, it could be done via some wget script.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, but that seems a bit impossible with the site being down.

One could probally get it all of the wayback machine. And to save time, it could be done via some wget script.

I've requested a backup of the site, via http://warrick.cs.odu.edu which is a tool that collects data via various search engines and archive.org. It might take a few days though

I think it's owed to him to keep it going. Peter if we can take this on and make it work, surely it's worthwhile?

I think it's owed to him to keep it going. Peter if we can take this on and make it work, surely it's worthwhile?

Well if its just replicating stats, Im sure a few people would take a section each and it could be done in no time. I'd happily do some.

Well if its just replicating stats, Im sure a few people would take a section each and it could be done in no time. I'd happily do some.

IIRC it was quite detailed to the level that it had all the starting line ups, substitutions, goalscorers, h-t scores etc so could take some effort - especially back to 1892.

Saying that I think I've got a copy of Paul Joannou's 'A complete history' which includes all stats upto 1986.

I looked for that too, I had it bookmarked.

There used to be a brilliant one (toonstats.homestead.com) which had absolutely everything from 1892 up until about 2006. But the bloke who run it was tragically killed in accident. His missus was requesting for someone to take it over but it looks like she failed as it's no longer around.. ;)

need any help just ask....................

just ran a test on

saved the html page from Goalscorers detail and then opened it in EXCEL and it looks fine

there are 120 pages but I'm willing to do them while I wait for the next set of pills in the Sandyford Sunshine Home

Now can someone build that into a data base or sommat we can all access?

just ran a test on

saved the html page from Goalscorers detail and then opened it in EXCEL and it looks fine

there are 120 pages but I'm willing to do them while I wait for the next set of pills in the Sandyford Sunshine Home

Depending on how you make the excel doc, there should be some tools to pull data from excel to MySQL. I can host database and website, if it should be needed. I'm still waiting for that webcrawler to reconstruct the original website, but it's taking a bit longer than i assumed.

There used to be a brilliant one (toonstats.homestead.com) which had absolutely everything from 1892 up until about 2006. But the bloke who run it was tragically killed in accident. His missus was requesting for someone to take it over but it looks like she failed as it's no longer around.. :D

I looked for that too, I had it bookmarked.

I think we should just leave it ending at 2006 tbh

We'd still be the 5th best side in the country then ;)

just ran a test on

Depending on how you make the excel doc, there should be some tools to pull data from excel to MySQL. I can host database and website, if it should be needed. I'm still waiting for that webcrawler to reconstruct the original website, but it's taking a bit longer than i assumed.

Drop em into csv files and we'll create a database for them, I'll set up a toontastic one and give priviledges to those working on it so if anyone interested can PM me with details of what they can do/are willing to them we'll look to get it going again.

Once its built then we'll pull some pages together and keep em updated.