20th richest club in the world

Craig

surprised how much money the german clubs make, especially Hamburg SV.

Average attendance of 50,000

I was under the impression tickets were a lot cheaper though ;)

They average 21 euros.

http://static.bundesliga.de/media/native/d...dfl_bl_2010.pdf

They play 4 less games a season too.

Must have a canny TV package.

The pound was probably doing better when I first heard that :D

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Barrack Road

They average 21 euros.

or maybe they pay their players less??????

You promote yourself as some Alan Whicker cum able bodied Steven Hawking, when the fact remains, you are reasonably dense.

I think we'll have a similar turnover to Rangers and Celtic for next years figures, minus whatever they made in Europe. Seems only recently we had the eighth highest turnover in world football, shows how far back we've went and how far forward Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs have off the pitch.

They average 21 euros.

You promote yourself as some Alan Whicker cum able bodied Steven Hawking, when the fact remains, you are reasonably dense. I think we'll have a similar turnover to Rangers and Celtic for next years figures, minus whatever they made in Europe. Seems only recently we had the eighth highest turnover in world football, shows how far back we've went and how far forward Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs have off the pitch.

by fuck you are good :D

They average 21 euros.

You promote yourself as some Alan Whicker cum able bodied Steven Hawking, when the fact remains, you are reasonably dense.

:D

staggers me when you see things like this, and people accepting and even commenting, that we shouldn't be attempting to financially challenge the other clubs

Guest Barrack Road
Turnover means Sweet F.A. Its profit that the boyo.

OK so what's the better situation to be in, a club with a £100m turnover, and outgoings of £105m, or a club with a £60m turnover and £55 outgoings? The size of the business is the first one, the £100m generated enabling the club to play on a higher level.

Turnover means Sweet F.A. Its profit that the boyo.

OK so what's the better situation to be in, a club with a £100m turnover, and outgoings of £105m, or a club with a £60m turnover and £55 outgoings? The size of the business is the first one, the £100m generated enabling the club to play on a higher level.

Yeah your right as long as its within tight limits like you say.

I wonder if people now think Platini might be right, even if it is blatantly more to do with sour grapes.

I think that he is right.

Starting to look that way, isn't it?

Guest Barrack Road
I wonder if people now think Platini might be right, even if it is blatantly more to do with sour grapes.

If Liverpool or Manchester United went bust, not that it would ever happen, I think it would be the greatest day in the history of world sport, for so many reasons.

If Liverpool or Manchester United went bust, not that it would ever happen, I think it would be the greatest day in the history of world sport, for so many reasons.

I thought you liked Man Utd.

Guest Barrack Road

I don't mind them but it would be a lesson to all of the leaches who have preyed on football clubs, that no one is immune to potential self destruction, and that finance has become far too important in the game.

I don't mind them but it would be a lesson to all of the leaches who have preyed on football clubs, that no one is immune to potential self destruction, and that finance has become far too important in the game.

agreed. Self destruct button at the ready I think.

They average 21 euros.

Take a bow.

Does this include the funds generated from the sale of players (including those at the close of season)? If so it will have been inflated by the great many sales totalling 30 odd million pounds .... Milner, Given, Bassong, Duff, N'Zogbia...

If it doesn't it should give a good indication of the level at which we should be aiming at competing. Our revenue should return to being at this level (or above if TV money has gone up) for next season, whilst our outgoings have been reduced drastically - not just on wages, but also general operations. The wages will go up (hopefully) with the purchase of some better players and the cost to get them in initially will be a big hit but balanced over 3 years there should be no reason why we're not back in the top half of the premier league.

Does this include the funds generated from the sale of players (including those at the close of season)? If so it will have been inflated by the great many sales totalling 30 odd million pounds .... Milner, Given, Bassong, Duff, N'Zogbia...

If it doesn't it should give a good indication of the level at which we should be aiming at competing. Our revenue should return to being at this level (or above if TV money has gone up) for next season, whilst our outgoings have been reduced drastically - not just on wages, but also general operations. The wages will go up (hopefully) with the purchase of some better players and the cost to get them in initially will be a big hit but balanced over 3 years there should be no reason why we're not back in the top half of the premier league.

He's pretty astute, this Mike Ashley. He is running the club perfectly and doesn't run some sort of warehouse business on the back of it. So things are going just great.

Marvellous. We should be proud we have such a good club run in such a manner, it would be fantastic if the glory of promotion by finishing above clubs with 20% of our gates actually happens.

I was under the impression tickets were a lot cheaper though :D

They average 21 euros.

Take a bow.

;)

You've got to admit, S, you've been 'Flaired' there. Not quite as good as being Magma'd, but almost. :panic:

"You promote yourself as some Alan Whicker cum able bodied Steven Hawking, when the fact remains, you are reasonably dense. "

I'll bet my Nobel Prize for Physics against your fail in hairdressing GNVQ and raise you my Oscar

Guest Barrack Road
early in the day and on my way to Lahndahn by train - what do expect? Morecambe & Wise??

First class no doubt. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Orient Express made a special journey to Scotland to take you especially.

Edited by Barrack Road

Ah, fair enough.