Llambias - Fans that criticise are "not reasonable"

Happy Face

Dear Dekka,

Can I politely suggest you keep schtum, unless you have something sensible to say.

By sensible, I mean " Mike has sold the club and we are fucking off back to Lahndon. "

yours reasonably

A paying customer

I think a simple 'Dear Dekka, go fuck yourself and your fat mate', would surfice tbh.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Dekka,

Can I politely suggest you keep schtum, unless you have something sensible to say.

By sensible, I mean " Mike has sold the club and we are fucking off back to Lahndon. "

yours reasonably

A paying customer

I think a simple 'Dear Dekka, go fuck yourself and your fat mate', would surfice tbh.

I don't know, that doesn't sound too reasonable to me.

I don't know what he expects to achieve with this claptrap. Does anyone believe their lies anymore? He'd achieve more by keeping his mouth shut and getting on with it.

Llambias is a horror of a man that to me is the main cancer in the club. He has no redeeming features and I am sure is disliked as much by players and staff as he is by the fans.

If that was not bad enough, hi PR skills are zero and his delivery and choice of words tarnishes any statement the "club" makes.

Putting that to one side, we are where we are and unless someone buys the club that is not going to change. My understanding from people who currently attend, backs up the statement that the anti Ashley songs are confined to a small section of the crowd. The majority seem to have moved on.

Personally I do not think this now achieves anything and does only distract from the future success of the club.

Llambias is a horror of a man that to me is the main cancer in the club. He has no redeeming features and I am sure is disliked as much by players and staff as he is by the fans.

If that was not bad enough, hi PR skills are zero and his delivery and choice of words tarnishes any statement the "club" makes.

Putting that to one side, we are where we are and unless someone buys the club that is not going to change. My understanding from people who currently attend, backs up the statement that the anti Ashley songs are confined to a small section of the crowd. The majority seem to have moved on.

Personally I do not think this now achieves anything and does only distract from the future success of the club.

:icon_lol:

you want to change your name to Quisling Tree?

ALL songs are confined to a small section of the crowd. The anti Ashley ones are some of the most vocal.

Words on the subject from NUFC.COM

Being a private company, there's no validation possible of the sums mentioned, while claims as to how many fans have bowed to Ashley's realism also remain a matter of considerable debate and opinion.

As the season ticket offer detailed below shows though, the club are more than keen to start collecting cash for next season from today - a stance that's easier to justify given our present league position than it would have been were we currently in the lower reaches of the top flight. Get it while you can, before the negativity returns...

From our own experience, "resigned to" would be a more accurate description than won over, even among those who never stopped going and never started shouting. As for reason and realism though, there's been precious little evidence of that at club level in recent seasons; eg our comedy double bill "Carry On Kinnear" & "The Xisco Kid."

That "small section of the fanbase" may refer either to the vocal dissenters or NUST, but as the numbers involved in both groups demonstrate, neither are representative of popular opinion (and neither are we).

A better measure of whether Del boy's claims are accurate will come next season, when the number of fans buying season tickets, match tickets, corporate places, Puma shirts, pints, pies and programmes becomes apparent.

Only then will the level of forgiveness, acceptance, unity or whatever terminology is used be tangible. Until then it's as much hyperbole as "Yes We Can". For what it's worth, we're a long way from being convinced that the hand of friendship would ever be universally extended to the current mob, such is the hurt they've caused previously.

Given what is being said here, the level of investment in players many believe is required make an impact on our top flight return (assuming we get there) is unlikely to be forthcoming. However we won't be the only club unable or unwilling to spend lavishly on wages or transfer fees, which again lets them off the hook to some extent.

Tuesday marked 128 days since Mike Ashley confirmed that he was seeking to rebrand SJP. Although the "dry run" of associating his Sports Direct concern has never taken place, next season is a different matter.

It remains to be seen whether that idea returns to the fore, with Llambias having previously said that any funds raised via this method would be invested in the squad.

In our match report of the last home game v Preston when fans sang Chris Hughton's name, we talked about:

"...a generally-held pragmatism hereabouts that the dream ticket of fan-led ownership is neither realistic or actually desired by many folk, who really want to keep it simple - turn up, cheer/boo, go home. Nowt else.

"Being run by a rotund southerner of questionable parentage seems preferable to fake sheiks, some skint Scandinavians or dildo salesmen. In reality, we don't actually have that choice to make, but the owner seems similarly hamstrung when looking for someone to buy him out. Stuck in a marriage of convenience?"

Get promoted and regardless of our finishing position next season, we have a minimum two-year reservation on the Premier League gravy train (via the parachute payment if necessary). Plenty of time then for the world economic situation to improve and a buyer emerge.

Everything is for sale, everything has a price, including Newcastle United. We just haven't got the sign outside.

Words on the subject from NUFC.COM

Being a private company, there's no validation possible of the sums mentioned, while claims as to how many fans have bowed to Ashley's realism also remain a matter of considerable debate and opinion.

As the season ticket offer detailed below shows though, the club are more than keen to start collecting cash for next season from today - a stance that's easier to justify given our present league position than it would have been were we currently in the lower reaches of the top flight. Get it while you can, before the negativity returns...

From our own experience, "resigned to" would be a more accurate description than won over, even among those who never stopped going and never started shouting. As for reason and realism though, there's been precious little evidence of that at club level in recent seasons; eg our comedy double bill "Carry On Kinnear" & "The Xisco Kid."

That "small section of the fanbase" may refer either to the vocal dissenters or NUST, but as the numbers involved in both groups demonstrate, neither are representative of popular opinion (and neither are we).

A better measure of whether Del boy's claims are accurate will come next season, when the number of fans buying season tickets, match tickets, corporate places, Puma shirts, pints, pies and programmes becomes apparent.

Only then will the level of forgiveness, acceptance, unity or whatever terminology is used be tangible. Until then it's as much hyperbole as "Yes We Can". For what it's worth, we're a long way from being convinced that the hand of friendship would ever be universally extended to the current mob, such is the hurt they've caused previously.

Given what is being said here, the level of investment in players many believe is required make an impact on our top flight return (assuming we get there) is unlikely to be forthcoming. However we won't be the only club unable or unwilling to spend lavishly on wages or transfer fees, which again lets them off the hook to some extent.

Tuesday marked 128 days since Mike Ashley confirmed that he was seeking to rebrand SJP. Although the "dry run" of associating his Sports Direct concern has never taken place, next season is a different matter.

It remains to be seen whether that idea returns to the fore, with Llambias having previously said that any funds raised via this method would be invested in the squad.

In our match report of the last home game v Preston when fans sang Chris Hughton's name, we talked about:

"...a generally-held pragmatism hereabouts that the dream ticket of fan-led ownership is neither realistic or actually desired by many folk, who really want to keep it simple - turn up, cheer/boo, go home. Nowt else.

"Being run by a rotund southerner of questionable parentage seems preferable to fake sheiks, some skint Scandinavians or dildo salesmen. In reality, we don't actually have that choice to make, but the owner seems similarly hamstrung when looking for someone to buy him out. Stuck in a marriage of convenience?"

Get promoted and regardless of our finishing position next season, we have a minimum two-year reservation on the Premier League gravy train (via the parachute payment if necessary). Plenty of time then for the world economic situation to improve and a buyer emerge.

Everything is for sale, everything has a price, including Newcastle United. We just haven't got the sign outside.

Do you need .Com to tell you how you feel about the Fat One?

Whilst I agree we are stuck with the bastard for now, by no means whatsoever does that excuse or forgive Ashley's monumental failure in every aspect of running this club.

Just in case you've forgotten;

Dennis fucking Wise :icon_lol:

never forgive never forget

Whilst I agree we are stuck with the bastard for now, by no means whatsoever does that excuse or forgive Ashley's monumental failure in every aspect of running this club.

No, but theres so many baa'ing sheep in this thread its like a stoning from Monty Python.

We all know the History that started under Fat Fred (for leazes), looked canny for a bit with Mort and then blew up having rushed in Keegan. And we all know the heap of mistakes made since. But, unlike some on here I dont hold Ashley solely responsible for everything thats gone wrong or dismiss every statement that is made simply because of the past.

Ashley tried to copy Tottenham, tried to put a structure in place and was very badly advised by poorly qualified people (Llambias).

But the past is the past and this season is going in the right direction (opposite to what most on here were predicting early doors). Hughton has been backed and the GOAL this year was to get promoted. That looks as though it may happen and we will see what comes next.

But constantly moaning on does fuck all for the club. At times its like a fucking Ian Paisley convention. Life moves on.

Edited by Christmas Tree

No, but theres so many baa'ing sheep in this thread its like a stoning from Monty Python.

We all know the History that started under Fat Fred (for leazes), looked canny for a bit with Mort and then blew up having rushed in Keegan. And we all know the heap of mistakes made since. But, unlike some on here I dont hold Ashley solely responsible for everything thats gone wrong or dismiss every statement that is made simply because of the past.

Ashley tried to copy Tottenham, tried to put a structure in place and was very badly advised by poorly qualified people (Llambias).

But the past is the past and this season is going in the right direction (opposite to what most on here were predicting early doors). Hughton has been backed and the GOAL this year was to get promoted. That looks as though it may happen and we will see what comes next.

But constantly moaning on does fuck all for the club. At times its like a fucking Ian Paisley convention. Life moves on.

The past is still at the club if you're blaming Llambias.

£70m of debt outstanding under Shepherd in the Premier League turning into £166m of debt (according to Llambias) under Ashley in the Championship is something to ignore and throw our support behind?

I think people are entitled to criticise when LLambias tries to spin the past to make the regime look good. The main reason we're moving forward now is because he took the club a long way backwards. I refuse to be grateful for that.

I think a brilliant piece here from George Caulkin which sums the situation up perfectly and sensibly without the histrionics.

Football, like heat, can generate mirages. How else, with March upon us, can we contextualise a club which, until Portsmouth nabbed their title, was widely recognised as the most gloriously demented in England, but which now resembles the very model of stability? How else to explain the otherwise inexplicable – that Mike Ashley no longer appears the battiest of owners.

Top of the Coca-Cola Championship, solid and capable, with a manager who bats away excess and hyperbole; this is a most unusual Newcastle United. In terms of the North East – which, admittedly, does not offer a rich history of sound governance - they now look like bastions of sturdiness and probably more certain than either Sunderland or Middlesbrough of the division they will be playing in next season.

Recent results – notably their 2-1 victory at Watford on Saturday – have hardened the longstanding impression that Newcastle are destined for promotion. They remain resolute in defence, powerful in midfield, January's signings brought them a dash of pace and unpredictability and, in Andy Carrol, they possess a young and improving striker who, on his day, veers towards the unplayable.

Those outside the club will see a team with vigour and purpose. They view a points tally which, at a similar stage of their respective campaigns, reflects well with that amassed by Kevin Keegan’s team in 1992-93, when the world felt young and Tyneside was abuzz with optimism. And yet those who follow Newcastle most avidly would admit that theirs is not a side surfing a wave of momentum.

Their place at the top of the table is fully deserved, Hughton and his players warrant huge credit for the manner in which they have responded to relegation, but behind the mirage, uncertainty remains a dominant feature of the Geordie landscape. For now, satisfaction should be grasped from a job executed proficiently, but the future of the club is still opaque.

A question has been posed in recent weeks. Surely, after the long, grinding recovery since last spring, with Newcastle likely to return to the Barclays Premier League, is it not time for fans to let bygones be bygones in relation to Ashley? Is it not time for a cessation of the derogatory chants which are aimed at him in every match, home and away. Is it not time to embrace the new reality?

The subject is an exercise in irrelevance. There is no onus on fans to do anything other than to support their team however they see fit, which they have done in far greater numbers (with far less reason) and with deeper reserves of loyalty than anybody can have anticipated this season. Providing that their behaviour is legal – which it has been – they have no moral obligation to do anything.

All the responsibility lies with Ashley and his employees. Since the ham-fisted debacle of the stadium naming rights issue – in spite of the threats, @sportsdirect.com is yet to feature in any marketing at St James’ – there have been no public gaffes, no further indiscretions. In fact, things have been progressing relatively smoothly, although there is a caveat to that.

Newcastle did not become the next Leeds United. Albeit with a small staff, Hughton has been allowed to manage his players, without any sign of interference. At the end of the transfer window, none of their marquee names had been sold and Hughton’s squad was stronger than 31 days previously. But these things are not the stuff of garlands and triumph; it is what any sensible board should be doing.

Granted, Ashley has continued to fund the running of the club (at an alleged cost of £500,000-per-week, according to a “source” close to the sportswear retailer), but history should not be re-written. It was his “catastrophic” and “terrible decisions” (his words), which resulted in Newcastle’s financial implosion following their relegation and he is still picking up the shards.

Newcastle’s league status is not the fault of their fans. It was not their muddled policies that saw managers hoarded, discarded and, in the case of Keegan and Alan Shearer, betrayed. It was not them who made profits in the transfer market when a small squad cried out for strengthening, who twice failed to sell the club, who attracted public ridicule through employment tribunals.

We used to yearn for Ashley to explain himself, to talk about his reasons for buying Newcastle, to engage with a populace glad to see the back of an earlier, tainted regime. Over the last few months, we have come to appreciate the benefits of silence. Like the team, like Hughton, the club’s hierarchy have kept their heads down. In so doing, they have taken care not to aim ordinance at their own feet.

So, well done for that, but keep calm and carry on. Nothing to see here. Rumours persist in City circles that Ashley is desperate to conclude his involvement in football as soon as possible but, whatever his designs, planning should be well underway for what happens next. If he is unable (or even unwilling) to sell, he should be looking to protect what remains of his investment.

For all his catalogue of blunders, Ashley always represented an opportunity for Newcastle. He is rich (not Abramovic rich, but rich nonetheless) and his Sports Direct connections should provide the club with a natural, harmonious, mutually-beneficial relationship. Even if it is only a short-term arrangement until a more viable custodian can be found, that opportunity has not dissipated.

Bring in some serious-minded people, with an understanding of football and, preferably, an empathy with the region, to run the club on his behalf, no matter if they have to do so on a limited budget. Engage fans; open a meaningful, non-patronising dialogue with the Newcastle United Supporters Club and do what you can to get them on board. Be honest with people; they can take hard truths. What is there to lose?

Whether on the pitch or in the stands, there has been precious little arrogance from Newcastle this season. Players and their followers understand fully that this is not a club’s glorious resurrection, but the righting of a wrong, achieved through unity and huge effort. Belatedly, Ashley and Co have played a role. He should not expect people to cheer him for it.

Me neither mate, I dismiss them because they come from clueless fuckwits who have been proven as liars when it comes to press statements.

Lots of varied comments on the Times article here

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/201...s-in-doubt.html

Including this from a neutral.

"the benefits of silence"

I've always liked that about Ashley. Neutral here... like many I was saddened to see the Geordies go down, though it was probably needed. Ashley has admittedly made some bad mistakes but I always saw them as errors of the heart rather than the head. Here's a mega-rich self-made businessman who has successfully built an empire. Surely after reassessment he would have the ability to right the ship after this humbling experience. If he's not given up on football ownership, with his newfound approach I can see the tumultuous beginnings of a long loving relationship between him, Newcastle and its fans on the horizon. Best to the Geordies rising from the flames... a truly unique club.

Lots of varied comments on the Times article here

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/201...s-in-doubt.html

Including this from a neutral.

"the benefits of silence"

I've always liked that about Ashley. Neutral here... like many I was saddened to see the Geordies go down, though it was probably needed. Ashley has admittedly made some bad mistakes but I always saw them as errors of the heart rather than the head. Here's a mega-rich self-made businessman who has successfully built an empire. Surely after reassessment he would have the ability to right the ship after this humbling experience. If he's not given up on football ownership, with his newfound approach I can see the tumultuous beginnings of a long loving relationship between him, Newcastle and its fans on the horizon. Best to the Geordies rising from the flames... a truly unique club.

Credit to the mackem for getting a literate mate to write that for him :icon_lol:

Of course, being a neutral, he hasn't experienced the day to day fuckwittery of the pair of them. There's absolutely nothing in the years he's owned us to suggest that, at any point, he'll turn us into a successful, well-run football club.

At the risk of a 'Leazes' told you so, we weren't too far away from that when the fuckwit took over.

Of course, being a neutral, he hasn't experienced the day to day fuckwittery of the pair of them. There's absolutely nothing in the years he's owned us to suggest that, at any point, he'll turn us into a successful, well-run football club.

At the risk of a 'Leazes' told you so, we weren't too far away from that when the fuckwit took over.

You are smoking something, surely!

Really depends on your definition of those statements. Most fans have very differing expectations of what would constitute success.

Really depends on your definition of those statements. Most fans have very differing expectations of what would constitute success.

Which fans define it as relegation? :icon_lol:

Which fans define it as relegation? :icon_lol:

The question was "turn us"......future tense and all that. ;)