Winston Churchill

snakehips

Whenever America has actually fought anybody who can fight back (Vietnam, Korea) they have taken an almight pasting. :lol: Even with the Japs they had to drop the bomb in the end the level of bungling involved in taking tiny 3 coconut tree islands that was going on...

ok, let me preface this with hearty "i'm not sympathetic to the american war machine" however south Korea wouldn't exist if the Americans had been pasted in Korea if anything it was a draw,

as for Vietnam they lost but it was a lot like last year for us, the team they/we had in Vietnam/the PL was good enough to win, but the dumb fekkers in charge had no fucking clue so they/we lost/were relegated.

When Chinese tank divisions started lining up on the Korean border Uncle Sam hi tailed it outta there quick time styleee. FACT.

Btw I'd have gone all the way in Korea and S Korea would never have existed...Americans were lucky they caught a deal imo.

Let's see what happens with Taiwan...ho ho..

If China invaded it tomorrow america would do nothing.

Thing is Korea was a UN operation....agreed the UN caught a break in korea for sure......

as for Taiwan america will do nothing because if they did the chinese would call in their loans and really fuck with the US economy......

and CID how could the US make an effort to stop china right now? too many brands in the fire...no?

I misunderstood the target of Parky's pronoun "it"in that last sentence. When I read it, I took it to mean that if China invaded us we'd do nothing. Then I read your post and saw that the "it" in question was Taiwan.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The anti-American drivel posted in this thread is ridiculous, and I'm not even American.

Correct. It's ironic I'm having to defend America so much considering how much certain posters have accused me of being anti-American or even a 'hater of the West'. Crazy that some people can't see the enormous contribution the Americans have made as well as the occassional balls up.

Guest Barrack Road
A fairly unbiased historian once said

"Britain, the USA and Russia all won the war - the British brought time and example, the Americans industrial might and organisation. the Russians space and manpower"

Seems fair enough to me

but when you think it took all three of them to put the jormans back in their box...........................

True but the yanks are a very, very distant third in all of that. So far distant that you'd need a train to reach where they are. Russia and Britain won the war.

Agreed us and the Russians took the brunt of it, while American war profiteering was rampant. The American people didn't even want to come into the war which says all you need to know about their commitment.

Some Americans didn't.

Have you two forgot the Americans had to deal with the Japanese ffs? They weren't a distant third by any margin, and we are endebted to them as much as the French are to us.

You are a nob. That's all I need to say.

Cheers. That reminds me, did you ever find any evidence that the Japanese could have taken the entire Western seaboard and mid-West of America if they had wanted to? Also if this is true, then the Americans did quite well in their war against them, didn't they? I'm sure you can find a link to the Russian Doomsday weapon while you're at it.

You've got less evidence to back up your ridiculous opinions than Parky has man. And when you can't, its the usual childish insult routine with you.

We owe the Americans as much as the French owe us?????? You are a disgrace, a clueless pseudo-intellectual. I'll reply properly later.

Your letting your irrational dislike of virtually all other nationalities get the better of you as usual. What do you think would have happened to the UK had the American's stayed truly neutral - i.e. not supplied us and the Russians with arms etc (albeit at a price). We'd have been fucked. Then they lost thousands in Normandy and beyond fighting a war that wasn't even directly involving their continent - and helped liberate France amonst others. Do you not think they deserve a bit more respect for that? Because I do.

As for this pseudointellectual jibe - what complete bollocks. I'm no historian but I know enough to know when you talk shite like this.

You got the last bit right I'll give you that. We gave them all of the tools to win the war in the fuckin first place, for free, absolutely fuck all it cost them. You can't definitively say we wouldn't have won the war on our side without their rag tag army coming over anyway. Who's to say we wouldn't have mobilised people from other parts of the empire. America had the industrial might to arm us, and we were still fucking paying for it 50 years later. They are a disgrace of a nation, had we joined forces with Hitler we'd have taken America without doubt in my mind. We and our stance in world war two was utterly and convincingly pivotal in to which way the world went, and you your bollocks can say what you like, read balanced books on world war 2 and you'll see.

I've always been interested in the second world war. Your viewpoint is utterly contrary to everything I've seen or read on it though, and there's a prevailing element of xenophobia in it. Tell you what though, direct me to some 'balanced' books and I'll take a look.

Btw, none of this takes away anything that the British did which was simply amazing. We had to pay a heavy price though - the loss of our empire, and the Americans naturally loved this. But in a way they were right, the age of empires had ended - we just have found it hard to accept it - some more than others.

As yours is to mine. 30m :jonas: I've read yank troop numbers who joined the western front as numbering between 1.5m and 3m. Sizeable but no more than us. It doesn't take 28.5m to make a nuke as well. The American Army have suffered more defeats and embarrassments on their own than Sunderland AFC in 05/06.

i knew you'd contest that....... :blush: .......let me see if i can dig it up.

World War II (1941-1945)

Total Servicemembers (Worldwide).............16,112,566

Battle Deaths................................................291,557

Other Deaths in Service (Non-Theater).............113,842

Non-mortal Woundings..................................671,846

Living Veterans (note 5)................................2,498,000

source....

http://www.veteranshour.com/facts_of_the_matter.htm

Ok, so I was a bit high, maybe they meant after the war as well to garrison all the places they now had bases....anyway Stevie...errr...Barrack, you never answered my question...who else from the Commonwealth could have responded to a call to arms?

All manner of cunts.

You're like Uncle Sam T Brockheimslapper. Those figures :lol: Would be interesting knowing their distribution, only a fraction of them were involved in the war proper. IE where it was going on. No ones interested in the Pacific.

Guest Barrack Road
Whenever America has actually fought anybody who can fight back (Vietnam, Korea) they have taken an almight pasting. :lol: Even with the Japs they had to drop the bomb in the end the level of bungling involved in taking tiny 3 coconut tree islands that was going on...

They're like Newcastle United in a way the yank army. Mouthy supporters, tell everybody they're going to do this that and the other every year (until recently), but have suffered hilarious defeats at minnows everywhere (Hereford, Exeter, Scunthorpe) etc.

The anti-American drivel posted in this thread is ridiculous, and I'm not even American.

Course it is. There's no arguing with people who are willfully ignorant. Pointless to even try.

...CID....all due respect, I hope you don't count me in that number for anti-amercan drivel, I was just trying to point out to Stevie/Barrack that contrary to his belief, you guys DID swing the balance in WW2

Guest Barrack Road

ok, let me preface this with hearty "i'm not sympathetic to the american war machine" however south Korea wouldn't exist if the Americans had been pasted in Korea if anything it was a draw,

as for Vietnam they lost but it was a lot like last year for us, the team they/we had in Vietnam/the PL was good enough to win, but the dumb fekkers in charge had no fucking clue so they/we lost/were relegated.

When Chinese tank divisions started lining up on the Korean border Uncle Sam hi tailed it outta there quick time styleee. FACT.

Btw I'd have gone all the way in Korea and S Korea would never have existed...Americans were lucky they caught a deal imo.

They're bottling mugs. Cowardly nation. Always have been always will be. They're our naughty child which turned in to a monster hated by everybody.

This thread is an embarrassment to the good name of Winston Churchill. I hope you're all thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.

Whenever America has actually fought anybody who can fight back (Vietnam, Korea) they have taken an almight pasting. :blush: Even with the Japs they had to drop the bomb in the end the level of bungling involved in taking tiny 3 coconut tree islands that was going on...

They're bottling mugs. Cowardly nation. Always have been always will be. They're our naughty child which turned in to a monster hated by everybody.

you're on the wind-up...... :lol:

"Britain, the USA and Russia all won the war - the British brought time and example, the Americans industrial might and organisation. the Russians space and manpower"

Seems fair enough to me

but when you think it took all three of them to put the jormans back in their box...........................

True but the yanks are a very, very distant third in all of that. So far distant that you'd need a train to reach where they are. Russia and Britain won the war.

Agreed us and the Russians took the brunt of it, while American war profiteering was rampant. The American people didn't even want to come into the war which says all you need to know about their commitment.

Some Americans didn't.

Have you two forgot the Americans had to deal with the Japanese ffs? They weren't a distant third by any margin, and we are endebted to them as much as the French are to us.

Cheers. That reminds me, did you ever find any evidence that the Japanese could have taken the entire Western seaboard and mid-West of America if they had wanted to? Also if this is true, then the Americans did quite well in their war against them, didn't they? I'm sure you can find a link to the Russian Doomsday weapon while you're at it.

You've got less evidence to back up your ridiculous opinions than Parky has man. And when you can't, its the usual childish insult routine with you.

We owe the Americans as much as the French owe us?????? You are a disgrace, a clueless pseudo-intellectual. I'll reply properly later.

Your letting your irrational dislike of virtually all other nationalities get the better of you as usual. What do you think would have happened to the UK had the American's stayed truly neutral - i.e. not supplied us and the Russians with arms etc (albeit at a price). We'd have been fucked. Then they lost thousands in Normandy and beyond fighting a war that wasn't even directly involving their continent - and helped liberate France amonst others. Do you not think they deserve a bit more respect for that? Because I do.

As for this pseudointellectual jibe - what complete bollocks. I'm no historian but I know enough to know when you talk shite like this.

You got the last bit right I'll give you that. We gave them all of the tools to win the war in the fuckin first place, for free, absolutely fuck all it cost them. You can't definitively say we wouldn't have won the war on our side without their rag tag army coming over anyway. Who's to say we wouldn't have mobilised people from other parts of the empire. America had the industrial might to arm us, and we were still fucking paying for it 50 years later. They are a disgrace of a nation, had we joined forces with Hitler we'd have taken America without doubt in my mind. We and our stance in world war two was utterly and convincingly pivotal in to which way the world went, and you your bollocks can say what you like, read balanced books on world war 2 and you'll see.

I've always been interested in the second world war. Your viewpoint is utterly contrary to everything I've seen or read on it though, and there's a prevailing element of xenophobia in it. Tell you what though, direct me to some 'balanced' books and I'll take a look.

Btw, none of this takes away anything that the British did which was simply amazing. We had to pay a heavy price though - the loss of our empire, and the Americans naturally loved this. But in a way they were right, the age of empires had ended - we just have found it hard to accept it - some more than others.

As yours is to mine. 30m :jonas: I've read yank troop numbers who joined the western front as numbering between 1.5m and 3m. Sizeable but no more than us. It doesn't take 28.5m to make a nuke as well. The American Army have suffered more defeats and embarrassments on their own than Sunderland AFC in 05/06.

World War II (1941-1945)

source....

Ok, so I was a bit high, maybe they meant after the war as well to garrison all the places they now had bases....anyway Stevie...errr...Barrack, you never answered my question...who else from the Commonwealth could have responded to a call to arms?

All manner of cunts.

You're like Uncle Sam T Brockheimslapper. Those figures :lol: Would be interesting knowing their distribution, only a fraction of them were involved in the war proper. IE where it was going on. No ones interested in the Pacific.

for instance?

Course it is. There's no arguing with people who are willfully ignorant. Pointless to even try.

...CID....all due respect, I hope you don't count me in that number for anti-amercan drivel, I was just trying to point out to Stevie/Barrack that contrary to his belief, you guys DID swing the balance in WW2

Course I'm not counting you, man.

And Stevie's never going to believe we swung the balance any more than he'll believe that a club like Everton could possibly ever be important because of their support. That's why I'm saying it's pointless to try.

Seems fair enough to me

Some Americans didn't.

World War II (1941-1945)

source....

All manner of cunts.

are you not interested in the Pacific b/c the brits had their asses kicked by the Japs in the Pacific?

Guest Barrack Road
Whenever America has actually fought anybody who can fight back (Vietnam, Korea) they have taken an almight pasting. :blush: Even with the Japs they had to drop the bomb in the end the level of bungling involved in taking tiny 3 coconut tree islands that was going on...

you're on the wind-up...... :lol:

No I think you are.

are you not interested in the Pacific b/c the brits had their asses kicked by the Japs in the Pacific?

I'm fairly sure that the surrender at Singapore went down as a massive disgrace/shame on the British army.

Guest Barrack Road

Course I'm not counting you, man.

And Stevie's never going to believe we swung the balance any more than he'll believe that a club like Everton could possibly ever be important because of their support. That's why I'm saying it's pointless to try.

Maybe you hastened it, but it was an inevitability. We have the Russians to thank in the war for splitting the German war machine, as we would've been in major trouble if we were the only one fighting them long term, but we weren't preparing for war for 10 years like Germany, we don't have America to thank for anything, we gave them technology 40 years in advance of what they had for nothing, and what did they give us in return? A 50 year debt burden for arming us. I know plenty of people who respect America less than me as well. Embarrassment of a nation, ultimately our creation so you could say we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Regarding the 50 year debt we were paying back to the Americans, Stevie: Wasn't that the loan we secured after the war in order to make ends meet? Someone will remember the guy's name (I'm getting worse at remembering names) who went over to the US asking for financial help. The American's, quite rightly, said 'take it or leave it' when what was hoped for didn't exactly match up to our expectations. We had no option but to take it.

One thing I've been thinking about the loan we took out, surely it helped create the National Health Service?

Guest Barrack Road

Seems fair enough to me

Some Americans didn't.

i knew you'd contest that....... :jonas: .......let me see if i can dig it up.

World War II (1941-1945)

source....

All manner of cunts.

That was like a team from 500 miles away going to The Old Den in the early 80's with a mob of 20. "Brits" as well :blush: fuckin Brits. You have to love em these yanks, well not really.

as for Taiwan america will do nothing because if they did the chinese would call in their loans and really fuck with the US economy

What loans are these?

http://www.businessinsider.com/henry-blodg...loan-2009-3.....

how does 12 zeros grab ya?

They're treasuries, highly unlikely that China can call them in at will.

Beijing is leading the move away from U.S. debt instruments as President Barack Obama increases government borrowing to unprecedented levels to sustain economic recovery. In December, Obama increased the size of the marketable U.S. Treasury stock to a stunning record level $7.27 trillion.

If the trend continues, the United States will be forced to raise interest rates. That would put yet another strain on America’s ability to manage its mountain of debt.

Speculation about China’s intent has been running wild since the figures were released. Relations between Beijing and Washington are worsening almost daily. The deepening spat over Tibet, a controversy over U.S. arms sales to Taiwan, China's dispute with Google (GOOG) and trade and currency disagreements are still festering. In the latest dispute, President Barack Obama's administration rejected Beijing's demand to cancel his meeting this week with the Dalai Lama.

Some analysts warn that China might be cutting purchases of U.S. Treasuries to flex its financial muscle. If so, Beijing’s economic leverage has its limits. America’s economic house is terribly fragile. Putting too much pressure on the U.S. economy could destroy America’s recovery or wreak even worse damage.

source.......

http://seekingalpha.com/article/189534-ame...sing-confidence

sometimes the best offence is good old kick in nuts/bank book.

Edited by tooner

Guest Barrack Road
Regarding the 50 year debt we were paying back to the Americans, Stevie: Wasn't that the loan we secured after the war in order to make ends meet? Someone will remember the guy's name (I'm getting worse at remembering names) who went over to the US asking for financial help. The American's, quite rightly, said 'take it or leave it' when what was hoped for didn't exactly match up to our expectations. We had no option but to take it.

One thing I've been thinking about the loan we took out, surely it helped create the National Health Service?

Mate do you understand what we gave them? We basically gave them the basis of what we know as modern technology, for nothing.

I'm fairly sure that the surrender at Singapore went down as a massive disgrace/shame on the British army.

and we defeated a Jap army at Imphal-Kohima, ejected them from Burma and were all set to re invade Malaya

not too shabby when you think we also fought the Jormans from 1939 -we never had the benefit of two years sitting on the sidelines like our allies...................

Whenever America has actually fought anybody who can fight back (Vietnam, Korea) they have taken an almight pasting. :jonas: Even with the Japs they had to drop the bomb in the end the level of bungling involved in taking tiny 3 coconut tree islands that was going on...

you're on the wind-up...... :blush:

No I think you are.

NO I think YOU are..... :lol:

Mate do you understand what we gave them? We basically gave them the basis of what we know as modern technology, for nothing.

Yeah, I knew that. That is a fact. We were trying to establish some sort of trust between us. Apparently the Americans were shocked at how much we knew in certain areas of technology.

But we still went for a loan after the war. Sure of it.

in what regard? please be a little more succinct and less broad.

Go on then, elaborate on this if you can.

I'm aware that we helped them out breaking codes (Enigma etc) and were involved (but certainly not central) to the Manhatten project, but what other technology did we give them? I'd think the German's should feel more aggrieved for having their rocket program nicked.