Apartment

Mark

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I like Apartment.  It is full of possing tosser's but I don't let that effect my night.

It's not cheap but not much different to most places now.  The difference is that the drink you get in there is quality (too many bars can't even manage cold beer!) and your in good surroundings.

The food is excellent as well and you get to go into the members lounge if your having a meal.  Mind you the members lounge is probably the poorest part of the place.

58946[/snapback]

They're just the ones I picked out, like.

Fucking full of kids on here. Jesus wept tbh. ;)

59046[/snapback]

Jesus fucking wept Sammy, talk about pot calling the kettle black!

I bet he knows which side of the river Gateshead is on mind... :rolleyes:

Personally I like Apartment.  It is full of possing tosser's but I don't let that effect my night.

It's not cheap but not much different to most places now.  The difference is that the drink you get in there is quality (too many bars can't even manage cold beer!) and your in good surroundings.

The food is excellent as well and you get to go into the members lounge if your having a meal.  Mind you the members lounge is probably the poorest part of the place.

58946[/snapback]

Fucking full of kids on here. Jesus wept tbh. ;)

59046[/snapback]

59062[/snapback]

It's on the right hand side man. Depending on your perspective. Knobcheese! :blink:

58946[/snapback]

Fucking full of kids on here. Jesus wept tbh. :blink:

59046[/snapback]

59062[/snapback]

It's on the right hand side man. Depending on your perspective. Knobcheese! :icon_lol:

59063[/snapback]

Aye, but is it on the same side as Heaton? ;)

58946[/snapback]

Fucking full of kids on here. Jesus wept tbh. :blink:

59046[/snapback]

59062[/snapback]

It's on the right hand side man. Depending on your perspective. Knobcheese! :icon_lol:

59063[/snapback]

Aye, but is it on the same side as Heaton? ;)

59065[/snapback]

I imagine it depends on the solar calendar and such like. Minge-rot!

Minge-rot?? :rolleyes:

You been lurking on www.wankinsults.com?? :blink:

59077[/snapback]

It was a pet name I heard Gemmill's mum use the other day.

59080[/snapback]

She can get cream for that you know... ;)

You been lurking on www.wankinsults.com?? :icon_lol:

59077[/snapback]

59080[/snapback]

59082[/snapback]

I meant its what she was affectionately calling her son. :blink:

Was going to go in their last night, I was talking to the bouncer (since I got ID'd  :rolleyes: ) and he told me it was 4 quid a pint! Looking back I don't know if he just didnt want me to go in, or if it really was 4 quid for a  pint. I know its pricey on a saturday and friday but on a Monday aswell?

58914[/snapback]

Aye Monday night is cheap drinks night in the Apartment.

As for Sgt Peppers, I was in there the other week, forgot how bad the place was.

You been lurking on www.wankinsults.com?? :icon_lol:

59077[/snapback]

59080[/snapback]

59082[/snapback]

I meant its what she was affectionately calling her son. :blink:

59084[/snapback]

Oiiiiiiii! :)

Was going to go in their last night, I was talking to the bouncer (since I got ID'd  :rolleyes: ) and he told me it was 4 quid a pint! Looking back I don't know if he just didnt want me to go in, or if it really was 4 quid for a  pint. I know its pricey on a saturday and friday but on a Monday aswell?

58914[/snapback]

Aye Monday night is cheap drinks night in the Apartment.

As for Sgt Peppers, I was in there the other week, forgot how bad the place was.

59124[/snapback]

So the bouncer was lieing? He told me to go on a Tuesday.

the apartment is a decent bar, bit expensive, but that has the advantage of keeping pikey fuckers out :rolleyes:

generally high calibre of totty and a decent atmosphere, can merrily get plastered on proper drinks or have a quiet drink with your mates.

I'd rather that instead of buying warm lager in plastic pint glasses, having to literally fight your way to the bar and then have your drink spilt the instant you turn around cos some dippy cow is on her hen night and has to kiss as many blokes as possible for a dare, cos Sharons dead crazy...

fucking hate Blu Bambu, Baja and all that shite, places like Mood in the Gate are just as bad tbqf.

I like real pubs as well; just not for a night out in town.

the apartment is a decent bar, bit expensive, but that has the advantage of keeping pikey fuckers out :icon_lol:

59167[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

You're supposed to be a fucking student for god's sake! No wonder you fuckers wind up such huge debts! :blink:

;)

http://www.theburglarsdog.co.uk/review.html?115

"And if you've seen any of their promotional stuff and are wondering what "genuine people" they attract, it's this lot: disenfranchised ex-Archer indie kids, bored office workers from upstairs and tedious Jesmond fashionistas (that's Italian for wankers, by the way)."

Spot on! :rolleyes:

He's got it spot on with everything else he mentioned too so I don't know what's worse as far as how it used to be goes. At least the Archer had some great rock & blues bands on to give the place it's rep, now it's just another poncy bar that wreaks of wank. And guess what! They are actually in the process of building a new Apartment bar just on the opposite side of the Scottish life House....! ;)

I was pleasantly surprised by the Long Bar. The Forth plays some good stuff on a Friday night, have you been to the Tyne, down by the Ouseburn? Cracking little bar, you'll usually find Wacky on the karaoke machine of a Friday night, saying that he'll be there everyday now the dole scum!

I was pleasantly surprised by the Long Bar. The Forth plays some good stuff on a Friday night, have you been to the Tyne, down by the Ouseburn? Cracking little bar, you'll usually find Wacky on the karaoke machine of a Friday night, saying that he'll be there everyday now the dole scum!

59217[/snapback]

Nah I havent. I want to go in liquid some time, it gets a good reveiw on burglarsdog, but every time i walk past its dead as fuck. Was going to go in the City Vaults last night, but there was a big creen above the door, and loads of police were on it, I thought it was CCTV (probably wasnt) so didnt go in.

...Liquid...?

FUCKING LIQUID!

you need to grow up and avoid that shit hole like the fucking plague.

if anyone ever tells you it's anything but an utter dive, spit in their face and turn around twice, citing two hail mary's and one hows your father.

it's the grubbiest little hovel on the Bigg Market, and that's saying something, their idea of a good time is to turn down everything but the bass on the "choonz" that spill out through the cracks in the wall caused by the seemingly endless application of pubescent stomach acid.

couldn't give a shit about most bars in town, but this one is an absolute fucking disgrace. You'd be better off on a park bench imho

Edited by Geordie Fish

59217[/snapback]

Agree mainly there like, although at the risk of sounding pretentious, the Fourth isn't as good as it used to be. The Head of Steam is alright and I quite like Tilley's now it's been took over an' all. I still like The Trent although it's better when it's not term time and there aren't as many students (no offence, they just make me feel so bloody old). The bars like the Cluny and the Tyne etc. down the Ouseburn are good 'proper' boozers with a bit of soul/character (that's the bars and the clientele). I quite like the Tanners too although I had to stop going to the Dub Night on a Wednesday as there was always this manc tosser with dreads in there who thought he was Bob Marley.

Sounds like we drink in the same bars Al, i'll look out for the old Grandad in the corner next time i'm in one of them. :D

Usually get into the Forth & Head of Steam on a Friday/Saturday and hit Tilley's after the match, one of my best mates is seeing the owners daughter, you'd think he might be able to get a few free drinks.... does he fuck!

The Tyne and the Cluny a bit less often, same with the Trent but still good bars like, especially the Tyne.