Red Dead Redemption

Tooj

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have it on preorder comes with a remastered Red Dead Revolver as well..... ;)

been pushed back to may18th though...at least in NA

Edited by tooner

Peter Molyneux is nothing if not a good hype man. He sold me on Fable 2 and it was fucking shit. Nothing says interesting gameplay like farting to attract brides and breaking the game by overpowering one spell and hammering it until everything falls down.

I'm excited for this though.

Peter Molyneux is nothing if not a good hype man. He sold me on Fable 2 and it was fucking shit. Nothing says interesting gameplay like farting to attract brides and breaking the game by overpowering one spell and hammering it until everything falls down.

I'm excited for this though.

Of course he is, he's probably the best at what he does. Simply over-exaggerating simple additions, that he proposes will change the way games are played, he's exploiting Natal in relation to this. I'm more excited about the co-op element, which seems to be given some time and development this time, unlike the stuck-on co-op in Fable 2.

• 4 weeks later...

Couple of hours in........have to say it is a really nice looking game. Seems to stutter a bit when too much is happening though.

Couple of hours in........have to say it is a really nice looking game. Seems to stutter a bit when too much is happening though.

what system are you playing it on?

PS3...........just read the IGN review and it said as much in there as well......wasn't meant as a complaint it doesn't affect gameplay, just an observation

PS3...........just read the IGN review and it said as much in there as well......wasn't meant as a complaint it doesn't affect gameplay, just an observation

Your opinion on the online aspect? I fear it will be crippled by lag, which would be a shame.

Your opinion on the online aspect? I fear it will be crippled by lag, which would be a shame.

haven't even thought about it yet...the game is HUGE

You'd expect a game from Rockstar to be pretty massive, its seems with RR:D in paticular that they've focused more on additional things to keep you occupied (poker, hunting), which sounds like San Andreas. GTA4 was the opposite and more focused on the stroyline, and tbh I prefer this and hope these additions aren't a hinderence to the main story.

Hunting does sound cool though. :o

You'd expect a game from Rockstar to be pretty massive, its seems with RR:D in paticular that they've focused more on additional things to keep you occupied (poker, hunting), which sounds like San Andreas. GTA4 was the opposite and more focused on the stroyline, and tbh I prefer this and hope these additions aren't a hinderence to the main story.

10 kudos points to the first screenshot of a hunted coyote :D

10 kudos points to the first screenshot of a hunted coyote :razz:

I'd prefer a bloodied beaver shot tbh :D

Gutted rabbit do you? :razz:

Gutted rabbit do you? :razz:

as far as 'things to keep you occupied" go....blasting <ahem> i mean hunting is pretty cool.........currently at sharpshooter level 5 , level four consisted of shooting 5 flying birds from a moving train......no problemo!

Edited by tooner

left a pile of games on the desk this morning and asked the woman kindly to trade in for this if she makes it out of bed before the afternoon. :D

Other wise tomorrow morning after the post office depot. :icon_lol:

I must admit being brought up on Morricone the soundtrack isn't particularly great. It just lacks something that takes away a vital component of the game for me.

However, I am now streaming across my Morricone Western collection while playing the game. Words can't begin to describe how much this adds to the overall theme of the game.

Taken Mike's advice on board too, the Moriconne stuff is ready to go! Look forward to it.

Bank holiday weekend though means no game until Tuesday :D