Nile Ranger to go out on loan next season....

accadacca

if report is true - sheer lunacy.

Lovenkrands - lightweight

Best - totally out of his depth

Ameobi - injury prone and regualary fails to deliver

Carroll - set for a jail term perhaps

Ranger is not some young bairn who needs protecting - get him on the bench at least.

Getting bad vibes about next season already.

if report is true - sheer lunacy.

Lovenkrands - lightweight

Best - totally out of his depth

Ameobi - injury prone and regualary fails to deliver

Carroll - set for a jail term perhaps

Ranger is not some young bairn who needs protecting - get him on the bench at least.

Getting bad vibes about next season already.

great days ahead, according to you .

Do you get a trophy for finishing 17th ?

He needs it, he seems to have a lot of things going for him but he needs a chance to work on his finishing at a decent level.

If we are relying on him next season we are coming back down, that's not a dig at the lad but he is too raw for the premiership, especially if he is going to be relied upon as one of our main strikers.

I think you just get a nominated time share of the trophy given out to the team with the 5th highest average league placement. Either that or the one for posting about shit from 10 years ago that bears absolutely no relevance to the league today. Can't remember for sure.

He's not going to pull up any trees in the PL even if he does get a game. Let him play regularly in the Championship or League One, see if he sinks or swims.

Daft thing to say - you can be sure IF he was put up for sale there would be PLENTY of takers.

He is not a world beater - granted, but he has a grat deal of promise and PACE - and with the woefully light existing strikeforce inc' one who should not be there - Best, it is ridiculous to think of loaning him out UNLESS of course CH has a loan signing or permanent signing in mind.

Also bear in mind what the late SBR said of Lovenkrands - not good enough for the PL - and tbf - SBR knew his stuff.

Well if you're worried then we're truly fucked.

You should never post after a bad day at work !!

There are 2 ways it could go next season - disaster or beyond expectation.

Let's face it, Cardiff/Blackpool are going to cannon fodder next season - so thats one place sorted.

WBA are not going to mortgage their future - chairman reiterated that recently and the fact they are going for the limited Phil Bardsley tells you that they will be down among the 'dead men'' as well.

So much depends on what CH does in the close season - 2/4 whatever signings may prove to be enough, we just don't know. Birmingham finished 9th and they did not have that great a team on paper so it could be ok.

The other main factor is injuries. Smith, Enrique, Ameobi, and Barton are important players whose last 2 seasons have seen plenty of games missed. IF Barton can get back to his best, it will be huge boost - loathe him or like him, he CAN be a very good player.

Another factor is how Andy Carroll will fare in the PL. He has as many detractors as he has 'fans', but if used correctly, he can be a really dangerous weapon as Niall Quinn was for them down the road. Fair enough, the central defenders in the PL are way above those in the CCC, but without any doubt, AC is great in the air - a little limited on the deck, but he will give ANYONE a game if decent crosses are put in. Not lumped balls from the back, but decent crosses from wide positions.

It's going to be fascinating, and you never know Ashley might even sell up yet :icon_lol:

Ashley selling up after releasing a statement that says it will take 5 years for the club to be operating at a profit?

He's not going to pull up any trees in the PL even if he does get a game. Let him play regularly in the Championship or League One, see if he sinks or swims.

Daft thing to say - you can be sure IF he was put up for sale there would be PLENTY of takers.

He is not a world beater - granted, but he has a grat deal of promise and PACE - and with the woefully light existing strikeforce inc' one who should not be there - Best, it is ridiculous to think of loaning him out UNLESS of course CH has a loan signing or permanent signing in mind.

Also bear in mind what the late SBR said of Lovenkrands - not good enough for the PL - and tbf - SBR knew his stuff.

Whatever. It would be better for the lad if he went on loan to somewhere like Doncaster, or Bristol or Hartlepool or even back to Southampton (if they'd have him) and played week in, week out, gaining experience and toughness in competitive games. It would be better for us if he came back better, stronger and smarter rather than kicking his heels in the stiffs or travelling with the team and sitting on the bench (if he's lucky) every week.

He's as yet unproven in the championship, you can hardly expect him to take the prem by storm. A season gettign regular games and a chance to show what he can do, plus get some experience and work on his finishing is ideal, though we do need to be bringing in another striker if he's going out on loan.

I think you just get a nominated time share of the trophy given out to the team with the 5th highest average league placement. Either that or the one for posting about shit from 10 years ago that bears absolutely no relevance to the league today. Can't remember for sure.

the completely relevant point, especially posted in response to someone who has been bigging up the owner of the club, is that it would be nice to finish 5th or higher again and lets hope that the next time it happens they don't get booed for it and I mean the people behind the scenes as well as the players on the pitch

The future is not bright, a lot of people have said 17th may well be the aim. Some people have also indicated they will settle for it. So what's your point ?

You should learn from the lessons of the past, not dismiss them.

He's as yet unproven in the championship, you can hardly expect him to take the prem by storm. A season gettign regular games and a chance to show what he can do, plus get some experience and work on his finishing is ideal, though we do need to be bringing in another striker if he's going out on loan.

I like him, he is controlled. He gives himself the time to keep the ball and look around, he is strong and has some pace. When you are really good you can hold down a place and do well at 18, 19 or 20. Time will tell. I thought he could have played more games to date but you can't argue with 102 points and top of the table.

Guest Barrack Road
Ranger is shit.

Loan him for the rest of his career tbh

If this was a game of FM the readings would be

Coach Sima:

Judging Player Potential: 2

Judging Player Ability: 1

Ability to talk shit using media outlets: 20

A few classics:

Cacapa - world class, not just class one of the best centre halfs seen at SJP in a generation

Carroll - one of if not THE worst centre forward Newcastle have had in many years

Ranger - shit no potential

:icon_lol:

Anyway acca pipe down about Lovenkrands, lightweight my arse, Jimmy Bullard weighs less than him, first name on my team sheet next season he's fast and he seems to love the club, and we've finally got a penalty taker who you think will score every time. I just want him to admit the toon have better fans than those bigots he used to play for.

Edited by Barrack Road

Lovenkrands may suffer a fair few injuries, but he had a good season playing in his actual position up front. In the premier league he was largely used out wide which he was poor at. What really has surprised he this season is his finishing. Some lobs, curling shots, powerful strikes, deft touches, glancing headers we've seen them all fro

him this season. He also runs some good lines off the ball, something that Shola and Carroll don't do. I think he'll be a key player for us next season. Of all our options to play up front I prefer the Lovenkrands and Carroll combination.

As Stevie said, he also really seems like he loves playing for the club. His return from the passing of his father immediately springs to mind.

I like him, he is controlled. He gives himself the time to keep the ball and look around, he is strong and has some pace. When you are really good you can hold down a place and do well at 18, 19 or 20. Time will tell. I thought he could have played more games to date but you can't argue with 102 points and top of the table.

Spot on.

i would like to see ranger go out on loan, but only if we can get three new strikers in with best and shola sold.

carroll, lovenkrands and three new quality strikers would be the ideal scenario

in reality that isn't going to happen. if, as expected, we fail to bring in at least two quality strikers, nile should not go on loan.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Ranger is shit.

Coach Sima:

A few classics:

Cacapa - world class, not just class one of the best centre halfs seen at SJP in a generation

Carroll - one of if not THE worst centre forward Newcastle have had in many years

Anyway acca pipe down about Lovenkrands, lightweight my arse, Jimmy Bullard weighs less than him, first name on my team sheet next season he's fast and he seems to love the club, and we've finally got a penalty taker who you think will score every time. I just want him to admit the toon have better fans than those bigots he used to play for.

Quote please.

Ranger is shit.

Coach Sima:

A few classics:

Anyway acca pipe down about Lovenkrands, lightweight my arse, Jimmy Bullard weighs less than him, first name on my team sheet next season he's fast and he seems to love the club, and we've finally got a penalty taker who you think will score every time.

I just want him to admit the toon have better fans than those bigots he used to play for.

Oh please! B)

Edited by warden90

Guest Barrack Road
Ranger is shit.

Coach Sima:

A few classics:

Anyway acca pipe down about Lovenkrands, lightweight my arse, Jimmy Bullard weighs less than him, first name on my team sheet next season he's fast and he seems to love the club, and we've finally got a penalty taker who you think will score every time.

I just want him to admit the toon have better fans than those bigots he used to play for.

Oh please! B)

Fuck off you total jock cunt. They're such scum they burned their season tickets when Mo Johnston signed, and fuckin when the kraut pope got in, they banned eggs Benedict from the corporate hospitality, not to mention when they banned fuckin pepparami cos ofthe green wrapper, and I haven't even mentioned Manchester....

Do one you fuckin tool, you hadn't even averaged over 40,000 till 1991, mickey mouse club accentuated as big by sectarian scum.

Good on yer Stevie.........both sides are the same, and I don't see why they deny it. I have met supporters of both clubs who are good lads but the bigotry........one lad I know IS quite open, he admits they sing "fuck the Pope" etc etc but qualifies it by saying "but they sing the same thing about the Queen".

Quite how this stuff gets involved with football is beyond me, but there you go.