Robin Hood

Geordieracer

Russell Crowe has to make a film with Christian Bale. Can you iagine the tantrums that would throw up? :o

Just don't set it in England, imagine the accents.

Is Bale not English or Welsh? He had a good accent in Empire of the Sun (class film anarl).

Pretty sure he's English. Gareth is the Welsh one.

Welsh I think, but went to America as a teenager. Which has given him a very strange accent which i neither one thing or the other. His English accent in The Prestige was pretty rotten anyway.

Crowe is a blatant luvvy who takes any sort of critisism very badly, it's not the first time for him - and they say the Poms whinge :o

Well he is a keeeyweeee so what do you fucking expect!

:D Born in the right country but unfortunately for him brought up in the wrong one.

Crowe is a blatant luvvy who takes any sort of critisism very badly, it's not the first time for him - and they say the Poms whinge :o

:razz: Born in the right country but unfortunately for him brought up in the wrong one.

I don't know, there seems to be at least NZ's population again living here on the west island :D

Any thoughts on the result next Monday?

Edited by sammynb

:razz: Born in the right country but unfortunately for him brought up in the wrong one.

I don't know, there seems to be at least NZ's population again living here on the west island :D

24 May? Sorry what's happening?

Crowe gets to support two nations at once but hate them both for playing football not footy.

Crowe is a blatant luvvy who takes any sort of critisism very badly, it's not the first time for him - and they say the Poms whinge :D

:security: Born in the right country but unfortunately for him brought up in the wrong one.

I don't know, there seems to be at least NZ's population again living here on the west island :icon_lol:

Crowe gets to support two nations at once but hate them both for playing football not footy.

:security: He owns a Rugby club doesn't he?

Crowe is a blatant luvvy who takes any sort of critisism very badly, it's not the first time for him - and they say the Poms whinge :D

:security: Born in the right country but unfortunately for him brought up in the wrong one.

I don't know, there seems to be at least NZ's population again living here on the west island :icon_lol:

:security: He owns a Rugby club doesn't he?

South Sydney Rabbitos Rugby LEAGUES Club.

I reckon the Kermode/Mayo show last week (which Lawson was also on) got it pretty much spot on - Crowe's enough of a pro to know that he failed in nailing any kind of plausible and consistent accent, but vain enough to have nothing in his defence beyond getting pissy about it.

Yup.

I liked it, thought it was pretty good. But like most have said he does have a bit of Irish accent. Wasn't about RH either, was mainly about why/how he came RH! The only said "Robin in the Hood" about 2 mins before the film finished.

He should have taken a leaf out of Kevin Costner's book - his attempt at an English accent in Prince of Thieves was so bad the director told him not to bother, and the film is probably better for it.