The Cycling Thread

Geordieracer

"Earlier chatted to Eddy Merckx, who basically said cobbles are part of riding and that the peloton should just get on with it."

:wank:

I don't think he's up to the job. And especially not this season, he's pulled out of more races than he's started. The jocks on the velocast seem to think it'll blow the GC wide open without the Sky train on the front of the peloton.

I reckon Contador is just gonna piss it.

Well what a few days at the Tour.

Yesterday just highlighted whata complete twat Brailsford is. He gave his best two cobbled doms to Porte and left the 'leader' of his team down to riders who dont ride the cobbles, that shows what faith he had in Froome yesterday. I am far from a Froome / Sky fan, but it was sad to see the Dawg climb off his bike yesterday and into the car.

It did make me chuckle at the bell ends on Twitter going on about Wiggis would have bossed the Cobbles. Fuck me.......He gets on 9th place at Paris Roubaix in the dry and with no cross winds and all of a sudden he is fucking Boonen. What about Thomas you Sky loving bell ends? He was there and finished fucking 7th at PR isnt that enough?

The Dutch doms BOSSED the stage yesterday, fucking BOSSED it. Westra was amazing for Nibbles and my £2 @ 75/1 on Boom tasted sweet :D It was an absolute epic stage and Nibbles was great. He is having a great Tour so far.

Today is another Kittel stage. OPQS and Lotto need to try something else, they need to stop pulling with 5/4km to go and let Giant do some graft. If Kittel is there with 2km to go, nobody can challenge the lad at all IMO.

My thoughts on the previous weekend. Amazing. Yorkshire looked beautiful, it was rammed, several gimps taking pictures at the wrong time, but still an amazing sight. I am gutted that Cav is out, it showed how much he wanted that stage, but to see him out fully is sad. He is the only one who can challenge Kittel at the moment. Greipel seems to be too far off, which is pants considering his form coming into the Tour. I was dissapointed with the sh!t breakway on the days, but the finishes in Yorkshire were exciting (I had Nibs at 60/1 into Sheffield too ;)) The London stage was a snooze fest.

With Bertie dropping time on GC yesterday its made the mountains that more interesting. He will need to attack. He is off the top 10 at the moment, but I am confident he will pull that back. He came into the Tour with the best form out of the GC boys. If Porte gets a podium spot I will hunt down Brailsford and tell the cunt to confess because he has been shite all season!

Podium for me

Bertie

Nibbles

Kwiatkowski

Anyways, my two penneth for now :P

It did make me chuckle at the bell ends on Twitter going on about Wiggis would have bossed the Cobbles. Fuck me.......He gets on 9th place at Paris Roubaix in the dry and with no cross winds and all of a sudden he is fucking Boonen. What about Thomas you Sky loving bell ends? He was there and finished fucking 7th at PR isnt that enough?

Have you seen how skinny Wiggins is these days as well? Saw a picture on his Instagram yesterday and he looks like Christian Bale in The Machinist. No chance he would've made any impact due to that.

Geraint man, what a guy. :bedhump:

Have you seen how skinny Wiggins is these days as well? Saw a picture on his Instagram yesterday and he looks like Christian Bale in The Machinist. No chance he would've made any impact due to that.

Geraint man, what a guy. :bedhump:

For me, to get that skiiny like the Dawg and Wiggins without losing power you're on something.

I like Thomas, gutsy rider.

Also made me laugh on Tuesday. Met a mate of mine and some of his colleagues to going out on the MTB. We climbed a section of Bridleway and goto a road. A couple of us were waiting for the rest and one of the lads suddenly said

"Look at this bell end, where does he think he's going? A pro race look at him"

It was Josh Edmonson from Team Sky :lol:

Made me laugh anyways

Do you think Kittel's fall yesterday will have much of an impact on him today?

Nah he seemed ok.

The Cat 4 at 157km could be a factor. Lotto & Cannondale could easily hit it with some pace and try and drop him. Greipel and Sagan are both decent climbers for sprinters. But that depends also on yesterday. It was full on for the whole stage yesterday and mentally and physically it will have drained them.

Could also be a day for the breakaway for that reason. I will think Nibbles will try and lose the yellow soon too which is also another reason why the breakaway could succeed. But, I suspect that will be tomorrow where there is a Cat 4 closer to the finish.

I saw a stat on Twitter the other day which made me chuckle. 55% of postives tests by UKAD are from Rugby. Funny how cycling gets such a bad name.

Ill have a listen of that anyways HF, cheers.

Love a good crosswind. There was that mint stage last year where Valverde completely lost it and Froome lost a decent amount of time on Contador, but made it all back and more the next day.

How's the new ride Gem lad?

It's great thanks. Carbon has a weird feel to it, like it seems to do a really good job of deadening bumps (not really shitty stuff, but just sort of road buzz). I was expecting a road bike to be a worse ride than my mountain bike (perhaps wrongly?) but it's much better.

Pulled mine out (wehey) to get going again. Trying to cycle to work a few times (a month!). 20 mile each way. today was canny, but then it was sunny and overall decline of around 700ft over the distance. Going backs slightly different! Got my old mountain bike still and am considering keeping it or changing for a road bike?