The Cycling Thread

Geordieracer

Aye

I have read his book and thought some of the stuff was ok, but nothing out of any other psychology book.

They've done some sort of leadership program at work centred around it.

Personally think a lot of it is just common sense and like Wiggins said it's a cop out if you do something shitty and just use the excuse of blaming the chimp for all of it.

Plus, Pendleton apparently has no time for BC so its a bit hypocritical on what she was saying about the organisation etc

Bet she's total filth mind. She's a fucking headcase.

Wiggins, what a bell.

"Yeh, well I am calculated and I have attention to detail, not risk my life like Nibali"

Yeh, that will be Nibali who has 3 grand tour wins under his belt.

Jeeeeez

Are you Paul Kimmage? :lol:

Just booked my trip to Belgium for the Tour of Flanders :D Im more excited about this than Christmas :lol:

Me too. Looking forward to it like you wouldn't believe. Will absolutely smash the course if its the same as last year and i do hope there aren't too many fat slow people falling off their bikes on the Koppenberg again... last time round some fatty fell off their bike in front of me... not happy!

Look out for Kingston wheelers. I'll be one of the 30+ we have going along to this.

Crazy bastards.

if you can do one overseas sportive / race, this is definitely up there Gemmill.

the climbs are all short sharp shocks, some cobbled, some not, its crazy. best fun i've had on a bike.

This years race is on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRRkB6Bt41w I was talking to one of the riders and he casually said, oh yeah we do the koppenberg in 39x23 gearing. last year i was on 34x27 as my lowest and i struggled! this year 39 x 28 should be fine.

Came off yesterday and got my first taste of road rash. Should never have gone out really, as it was icy as fuck. Hit a patch of black ice and the bike just disappeared from under me. Came down HARD on my left hip and elbow and skidded along for a bit on them.

I've since discovered how often I unthinkingly rest on my elbow. :closedeyes: The bone/bruise hurts more than the patches without skin.

• 4 weeks later...

I see this has mostly gone unoticed - Leinders Banned for Life

Who once said this?

We need guys like Geert Leinders

Yes, Sir Bradley Wiggins who in 2012 worked with Geert Leinders and Sky. In that year Wiggins won;

The Tour de France (Inc 2 stage wins)

Olympic Gold ITT

Criterium du Dauphine (Inc 1 stage win)

Tour de Romandie (Inc 2 stage wins)

Paris - Nice (Inc 1 stage win)

This excludes the other wins at other races.

It was made clear in the Tour that year, that Leinders was dirty. They get shut of him after pressure from European media (not UK may I add) and what did he do after that? Fuck all until this year when he won ITT at the Worlds (which stinks) and ATOC.

Yet people think he and Sky are clean.

Fuck off.

• 2 weeks later...

I see this has mostly gone unoticed - Leinders Banned for Life

Who once said this?

Yes, Sir Bradley Wiggins who in 2012 worked with Geert Leinders and Sky. In that year Wiggins won;

The Tour de France (Inc 2 stage wins)

Olympic Gold ITT

Criterium du Dauphine (Inc 1 stage win)

Tour de Romandie (Inc 2 stage wins)

Paris - Nice (Inc 1 stage win)

This excludes the other wins at other races.

It was made clear in the Tour that year, that Leinders was dirty. They get shut of him after pressure from European media (not UK may I add) and what did he do after that? Fuck all until this year when he won ITT at the Worlds (which stinks) and ATOC.

Yet people think he and Sky are clean.

Fuck off.

Leinders wasn't THE doping doctor at Rabobank. Though he did have some involvement. As for Wiggins's win, his form was really good from April 2011 (before his tour crash) until the olympics 2012. I'd suggest Wiggins was clean, or no more dirty than the other GC riders at the time.

Remember he came second to Cobo at the Vuelta, Cobo who peaked a bit too well for that race... and has a track record. also the courses for those races you list absolutely suited his characteristics... since then he's done well only when he's wanted to ( a typical by product of the way he works).

the other thing about his wins is he was protected by a group of riders that were all top 10 riders in GC's for various grand tours, he literally was protected by a team that could have pretty much have got positions 5-10 in the tour if they were GC riders. that makes it so much more easy.