The Cycling Thread

Geordieracer

Leinders wasn't THE doping doctor at Rabobank. Though he did have some involvement. As for Wiggins's win, his form was really good from April 2011 (before his tour crash) until the olympics 2012. I'd suggest Wiggins was clean, or no more dirty than the other GC riders at the time.

Remember he came second to Cobo at the Vuelta, Cobo who peaked a bit too well for that race... and has a track record. also the courses for those races you list absolutely suited his characteristics... since then he's done well only when he's wanted to ( a typical by product of the way he works).

the other thing about his wins is he was protected by a group of riders that were all top 10 riders in GC's for various grand tours, he literally was protected by a team that could have pretty much have got positions 5-10 in the tour if they were GC riders. that makes it so much more easy.

Sky were gonna dump Froome after no real success to speak of, then he comes second to Cobo who like you say peaked too well.....

• 1 month later...

Fuck me, what a set of cunts we have riding still.

The omerta is still strong eh?

Saint Miller saying its bad, Thomas saying its bad for riders and everyone is cleans.

Sky are as fucking filthy as Astana.

Peter Kennaugh dropped 7kg in 4 weeks last season. When Kimmage asked the bald cunt how, he blabbed about asking Nigel Mitchell (the nutritionist for Sky & BC) and said it was mostly through calorie defecit.

Haha yeh ok. A pro athlete losing 7kg in 4 weeks with zero power loss, aye jog on.

Leads me onto Wiggins.

Wiggins worked with Mitchell at BC for years when on the track. For 7 years or so he couldnt loose weight and Mitchell said it was his optimum weight. He joins Sky then just as AICAR comes on the scene, Wiggins loses a shed load of weight and starts dusting the best in the world.

:lol:

Laughable.

Now its over to Cookson to sort this out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was something else wasn't it? can't beleive they allowed this to happen. Amstel was a weird one this weekend gone, Gilbert so nearly got away and then Kwiatowski times his finish perfectly. its the big one this weekend. Liege Bastogne Liege. I'm doing the full distance, and it looks like bloody rain! lovely....

• 4 weeks later...

It's very difficult to believe this Astana performance at the Giro is legit.

Was thinking exactly the same thing. Aru is a talent but there's I think 4 Astana riders in the top 10. As long as Vino is involved with the squad I wouldn't trust them as far as I could kick them. He would have to be the most unrepentant charged doper since, well most of them, but you know what I'm getting at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that tradition boring first week of Wimbledon is over it's time for the Tour to start.

Favourites?

I have only given most races a glancing look this year so I'm a bit out of the loop, but I think Froome must be the massive favourite.

I just think Froome is miles ahead of his competition for what ever reason.

Bertie is the only guy I could see challenging him but he'll be gassed from the Giro.

Just looking at the start list. Stupid me forgot about Quintana. I think he'll match Froome more or less in the mountains, but his team's nowhere near as strong. I think he'll also lose close to two minutes over the two time trials.

Movistar are probably the best team when it comes to team time trials and today's is only a 10k one so I think he will be fine.

You can't rule out Nibali as well though. He could gain some time when he attacks on the cobbles.

Oh wow is that second TT a Team one? Ok yeah. They'll be fine. Still think Quintana will lose time today though ~30 seconds. Plus I think Froome has him covered in the mountains.

Yeah Nibali could gain time on the cobbles but he'll lose that and more in the mountains.

Edited by toonotl