reformed smokers

Dr Gloom

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a look on the website there, and it looks like they are just mini vaporisers. So because nothing gets lit, you don't inhale smoke and tar into your lungs, you just inhale the nicotine vapour.

As Cheech says, it's pretty much this.

:lol::D

e-cigs are devices that vaporise nicotine along with glycerine and water. You smoke them like a normal (or :D analogue :lol:) cigarette and get the same hit BUT there's nothing carcinogenic in the "smoke". Also, you actually blow "smoke" out afterwards which helps the illusion that you are smoking. No more ashtrays to clear up and you can apparently do it in public places as it's not real smoke.

Here's a couple of vids.

As for me, I gave up nearly 8 years ago and bought a load of really nice guitars with the money. :lol:

Best thing I ever did. I smoked for about 16 years including about 6 years of constant monging out on dope. You couldn't get me to smoke a cigarette now if you paid me!

Edited by Asprilla

i've been off the smokes since new year.

apart from the odd lapse when the wife hasn't been around, i've done well.

despite the fact that i'm over the physical cravings, i still get the mental cravings all the time.

it's murder now the sun is out. i'd love nothig more this afternoon than hit the boozer, smoke endless tabs then spark a fattie up when i get home.

reformed smokers - do the mental cravings ever go away?

apparently not.

e-cigs are devices that vaporise nicotine along with glycerine and water. You smoke them like a normal (or :D analogue :lol:) cigarette and get the same hit BUT there's nothing carcinogenic in the "smoke". Also, you actually blow "smoke" out afterwards which helps the illusion that you are smoking. No more ashtrays to clear up and you can apparently do it in public places as it's not real smoke.

Here's a couple of vids.

As for me, I gave up nearly 8 years ago and bought a load of really nice guitars with the money. :lol:

Best thing I ever did. I smoked for about 16 years including about 6 years of constant monging out on dope. You couldn't get me to smoke a cigarette now if you paid me!

A lot of effort there to 'smoke' but not really 'smoke'.

Oh well each to their own.

I used to smoke, it's been 8 months now for me, I decided that this time was the time to fuck it right off and I haven't had any cravings. I do miss the green stuff a bit, I'll admit to that bit of weakness, but it's been more than 4 year for me with that.

Oh well, that's life.

Sat at my desk 'vaping' an e-cig right now.

Any good? Considering it.

Not smoked a cigarette for 3 days but had a small roll-up last night before bed and a joint the night before (with analogue baccy). I'm using it as a psychological prop more than anything and have noticed that the craving for nicotine doesnt completely go away after vaping. Been doing some digging and found that there are concerns over the ability of e-cigs to deliver nicotine properly so potentially its because its not a good delivery system. Burning analogue is the most effective delivery system there is of course, so other methods like chewing a gum arent ever going to 'feel' the same.

They are too expensive basically if the nicotine delivery is inefficient. There is a massive thread on the forum about it

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nic...t-nicotine.html

I'm going to continue to use the e-cig until the batch of liquid it came with runs out and supplement with one NRT tablet in the evening. Will let you know how things go.

Not smoked a cigarette for 3 days but had a small roll-up last night before bed and a joint the night before (with analogue baccy). I'm using it as a psychological prop more than anything and have noticed that the craving for nicotine doesnt completely go away after vaping. Been doing some digging and found that there are concerns over the ability of e-cigs to deliver nicotine properly so potentially its because its not a good delivery system. Burning analogue is the most effective delivery system there is of course, so other methods like chewing a gum arent ever going to 'feel' the same.

They are too expensive basically if the nicotine delivery is inefficient. There is a massive thread on the forum about it

I'm going to continue to use the e-cig until the batch of liquid it came with runs out and supplement with one NRT tablet in the evening. Will let you know how things go.

Have you tried a higher strength liquid?

I've never tried them as they came out after I'd given up but I know a lot of people who have at least managed to kick the "analogues" after trying e-cigs.

The reactions and experiences on that forum are widely variable....Worried. I was going to unveil the 'new me' to Mrs P over the w/e...Holding a silly looking ciggie with a battery in it...

Not so sure now...

Health benefits are the key I guess.

The way me and Chez are we'll end up drinking the liquid straight out of the bottle. :lol::D

Using the medium strength, it does work its just not that strong. When you take NRT its not that far off snus, this is mild nicotine. May need to get some proper strength liquid.

Its all good though, off the tabs which is amazing tbh.

Would it not be cheaper to just buy a portable vaporiser and use tobacco in it? Something like an iolite (available on amazon) with normal tobacco would surely be cheaper in the long run.

Tobacco is bad for you. Nicotine isn't apparently. *shrug*

Would it not be cheaper to just buy a portable vaporiser and use tobacco in it? Something like an iolite (available on amazon) with normal tobacco would surely be cheaper in the long run.

Tobacco is bad for you. Nicotine isn't apparently. *shrug*

Isn't it the combustion of tobacco (and subsequent release of tar/smoke into your lungs) that's bad for you? And a vaporiser wouldn't combustion.

I might be wrong like.