Wikileaks

Happy Face

Who will?

The US soldier who stole these files has been locked in solitary confinement for 7 months awaiting trial for treason btw. He passed the files onto Wikileaks.

He saw the footage of the US Apache helicopter opening fire on a group of supposed insurgents. That was bad enough, but then a people carrier with 2 kids in pulled up to try and take these blokes to a hospital and they were shot too, despite it being against the Geneva convention to harm those giving medical attention in a battlezone.

To top it off the US soldiers took the 2 injured children to a US army hospital to be treat and were ordered to remove them and dump them in an Iraqi hospital instead.

He was so disgusted at the cover up he thought it was about time the rest of the world saw how shady America really is. The fact they are shiteing themselves over this only proves he was justified imo

Who will?

The US soldier who stole these files has been locked in solitary confinement for 7 months awaiting trial for treason btw. He passed the files onto Wikileaks.

He saw the footage of the US Apache helicopter opening fire on a group of supposed insurgents. That was bad enough, but then a people carrier with 2 kids in pulled up to try and take these blokes to a hospital and they were shot too, despite it being against the Geneva convention to harm those giving medical attention in a battlezone.

To top it off the US soldiers took the 2 injured children to a US army hospital to be treat and were ordered to remove them and dump them in an Iraqi hospital instead.

He was so disgusted at the cover up he thought it was about time the rest of the world saw how shady America really is. The fact they are shiteing themselves over this only proves he was justified imo

Too bad. These are just small incidents in a much bigger picture, like any war.

The world isn't a fair place, defending us against those fighting us within our own country is paramount, they can do what they like to do it as best they can.

Sorry like, but the Geneva convention works both ways, save the sympathies for those who are beheaded by savages, and blown up by bombs while going to work or shopping, and their families, who just happen to be on your side.

As for the soldier who has been locked up and is going to be tried for treason ? Quite right too.

Who will?

The world isn't a fair place, defending us against those fighting us within our own country is paramount, they can do what they like to do it as best they can.

Sorry like, but the Geneva convention works both ways, save the sympathies for those who are beheaded by savages, and blown up by bombs while going to work or shopping, and their families, who just happen to be on your side.

As for the soldier who has been locked up and is going to be tried for treason ? Quite right too.

I'm not sure where to start with all of that.

defending us against those fighting us within our own country is paramount

I haven't seen any Iraqi troops outside my door with guns recently? Nor have my kids been blown up by an Iraqi helicopter?

And as for this little nugget . . .

save the sympathies for those who are beheaded by savages, and blown up by bombs while going to work or shopping

erm . . . to quote you :razz:

These are just small incidents in a much bigger picture, like any war.

Not sure your moral compass allows you to comment either, it was only 2 posts ago you were advocating executing the bloke who runs Wikileaks! You sure you arent American?

Who will?

I'm not sure where to start with all of that.

defending us against those fighting us within our own country is paramount

I haven't seen any Iraqi troops outside my door with guns recently? Nor have my kids been blown up by an Iraqi helicopter?

And as for this little nugget . . .

save the sympathies for those who are beheaded by savages, and blown up by bombs while going to work or shopping

erm . . . to quote you :razz:

These are just small incidents in a much bigger picture, like any war.

Not sure your moral compass allows you to comment either, it was only 2 posts ago you were advocating executing the bloke who runs Wikileaks! You sure you arent American?

no, I'm not a yank.

I'm also not a muslim or someone with anti-west tendencies. I happen to be on the side of the west. Take our forces away and many people would have their wish, it would seem.

So they think.

The bloke who runs wikileaks will be found shot dead one day, killed by someone who's life he has put in danger through his stupidity. Some people may think they have a "right" to know certain things, but they don't, the basis it works under is need to know.

The delicious irony is he is blowing the whistle on people who need to live by anonymity, and now he himself will be in hiding.

Who's life has he put in danger? And who has to live anonymously? These are all intercepted cables from diplomats etc. not secret agents :razz:

So I take it your of the 'As long as the Western world is alright, who gives a fuck about anyone else!' persuasion?

And as for the whole 'need to know' basis bullshit, thats what all good dictatorships are based on! Kill anyone who might let some not so nice news out . . .

You might like to live in ignorance. I like to know that the people running countrys are doing so above board. Not to get a nice oil line drilled in.

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Who's life has he put in danger? And who has to live anonymously? These are all intercepted cables from diplomats etc. not secret agents :razz:

So I take it your of the 'As long as the Western world is alright, who gives a fuck about anyone else!' persuasion?

And as for the whole 'need to know' basis bullshit, thats what all good dictatorships are based on! Kill anyone who might let some not so nice news out . . .

You might like to live in ignorance. I like to know that the people running countrys are doing so above board. Not to get a nice oil line drilled in.

you're clueless. Get into the real world. "Need to know" is the essence of government and security.

The bloke who runs wikileaks will be found shot dead one day, killed by someone who's life he has put in danger through his stupidity.

I've said it umpteen times, perhaps you'll concede to the facts and stop repeating your baseless point if I say it again. :razz:

The Department of Defense concluded the leaks do not disclose any sensitive intelligence sources or methods,

NATO have confirmed there's not been anyone endangered by the initial leak. If anything, this one is tighter.

So endangering lives is not something that can be levelled at Wikileaks with any supporting evidence whatsoever.

It is however a moral duty the US leadership have failed to live up to repeatedly.

The current incumbents due to their refusal to cooperate with Wikileaks in redacting sensitive information they think the documents contain (a standard procedure with the establisment media).

The previous administration when they disgracefully leaked the identity of their own CIA agent - Valerie Plame.

Will it be fully justified if Dick Cheyney is found in a ditch with a bullet in his head?

Edited by Happy Face

O would some Power the gift to give us

To see ourselves as others see us!

It would from many a blunder free us,

And foolish notion:

What airs in dress and gait would leave us,

And even devotion!

R abbie Burns

Will it be fully justified if Dick Cheyney is found in a ditch with a bullet in his head?

I wouldn't be disappointed, although I wouldn't advocate it. Nothing wrong with disclosure at all, it's been pointed out no lives are in danger. Nothing has shocked me yet, but they'll be releasing stuff bit by bit won't they?

The best is yet to come I think...

Edited by Ken

I am in the real world. Its not very nice. People like Julian Assange are trying to change that. People like you are hampering it.

sorry mate. He's just an idealistic fool. The fact that you and others are saying "no lives are in danger" shows you don't really understand the concept of "need to know" and how the security works, this is the whole reason why they say very little about these "revelations".

If he believes so much in keeping things "out in the open", why not publish his whereabouts on his own site ?

I am in the real world. Its not very nice. People like Julian Assange are trying to change that. People like you are hampering it.

sorry mate. He's just an idealistic fool. The fact that you and others are saying "no lives are in danger" shows you don't really understand the concept of "need to know" and how the security works, this is the whole reason why they say very little about these "revelations".

If he believes so much in keeping things "out in the open", why not publish his whereabouts on his own site ?

Do the US Department of Defense and NATO not understand the concept either? Considering they've said "no lives are in danger"?

As for part 2. Julian Assange isn't an elected official accountable to anyone.

Do the US Department of Defense and NATO not understand the concept either? Considering they've said "no lives are in danger"?

what are you talking about ? What has that got to do with what he is doing ?

In a democracy, the government is accountable to the people, the people are not accountable to the government.

Julian Assange is under no obligation to publish his whereabouts.

What has his whereabouts got to do with what he's doing?

And Leazes....do you advocate Alan Rusbridger being shot in the head and left in a ditch too?

why do I get the impression that some people on here would rather see UK or US servicemen killed than muslim terrorists or sympathisers ?

In a democracy, the government is accountable to the people, the people are not accountable to the government.

Julian Assange is under no obligation to publish his whereabouts.

What has his whereabouts got to do with what he's doing?

well, as he believes in this "freedom", why not ?

And Leazes....do you advocate Alan Rusbridger being shot in the head and left in a ditch too?

why do I get the impression that some people on here would rather see UK or US servicemen killed than muslim terrorists or sympathisers ?

Probably because you're thick as pigshit.

because by creating that impression you have some thing to aim your anger towards, despite it being so far from the truth it's unbearable to continue arguing with you about it.

because by creating that impression you have some thing to aim your anger towards, despite it being so far from the truth it's unbearable to continue arguing with you about it.

is that so ? How are you getting on with your sisters these days ?

Simple fact is, what I say is true. Muslim terrorist sympathisers need to shake their heads and wake up. Why exactly are these sympathisers so angry with the west ?

Probably because you're thick as pigshit.

ah. :razz:

Of course, your little ideal world is wonderful. 75 virgins or whatever are waiting for you.

Why are you so anti west ?

is that so ? How are you getting on with your sisters these days ?

Simple fact is, what I say is true. Muslim terrorist sympathisers need to shake their heads and wake up. Why exactly are these sympathisers so angry with the west ?

I'm what you would probably mistakenly label a "muslim terrorist sympathiser" and I'm not particularly angry with the West. I'm not particularly angry with anyone, apart from Fearne Cotton.

The only thing that has been really harmed by these leaks is the ego of the US and if that's the only casuality is it necessarily a bad thing?