Offer made for Victor Anichebe

MBT

I thought he looked promising when he first started playing for the Everton Youth Team. Admittedly I haven't heard much of him for a long time (well, nothing good at least), but I still think he might be worth a shot. Can't be much worse than Best, right?

7 goals in 76 games.

Although the stats don't lie it doesn't do him justice. Last season he was mainly deployed as a right winger where he was very effective. More of a battering ram than flying winger but he can often beat the average rightback and he has a venomous shot with his left and right foot.

With a bit more coaching he will become a quality premiership player. Not quite there yet though.

As for the rumour in the Notw, theyve either picked it up from off of here, or they genuinely have a lead from somewhere else.

Iv heard nothing more on this deal since mid last week so will keep you informed.

He's easily better than anything we have upfront anyway. Not saying much like.

I thought he looked promising when he first started playing for the Everton Youth Team. Admittedly I haven't heard much of him for a long time (well, nothing good at least), but I still think he might be worth a shot. Can't be much worse than Best, right?

7 goals in 76 games.

Although the stats don't lie it doesn't do him justice. Last season he was mainly deployed as a right winger where he was very effective. More of a battering ram than flying winger but he can often beat the average rightback and he has a venomous shot with his left and right foot.

With a bit more coaching he will become a quality premiership player. Not quite there yet though.

As for the rumour in the Notw, theyve either picked it up from off of here, or they genuinely have a lead from somewhere else.

Iv heard nothing more on this deal since mid last week so will keep you informed.

Absolute rubbish. He is no better than Shola tbh.

7 goals in 76 games.

Runs around more and faster.

7 goals in 76 games.

Runs around more and faster.

Brilliant.

wouldn't mind him as a replacement for shola or best but he's not going to walk into our starting 11 is he? we need to sign a striker that will improve the first team

wouldn't mind him as a replacement for shola or best but he's not going to walk into our starting 11 is he? we need to sign a striker that will improve the first team

Exactly, I'd sooner give Xisco or Ranger a solid run in the side than inflate the wage bill unnessecarily with a player who doesn't improve our first 11 in a position where we're well covered with mediocrity already.

No disrespect to him :angry: He had a pretty decent pre-season apparently. If he was used as a right winger last season then he won't even get a chance to play there for Everton this season as they're unlikely to have as many midfielders injured this time around. Up front there's usually only one forward and he's behind the yak, Saha and Beckford (for the time being).

Id take him, same reason as gejon

looking at the teams that come up they always struggle with strikers no different to how we have but looking at those who have come up and stayed up over the past few seasons they always seem to have an anichebe pace/power type striker in the team and the comparison of this guy to ameobi is ridiculous

ameobi is slow and, despite being a big fella, weak and lazy

would certainly take this lad as a replacement for shola or best

looking at the teams that come up they always struggle with strikers no different to how we have but looking at those who have come up and stayed up over the past few seasons they always seem to have an anichebe pace/power type striker in the team and the comparison of this guy to ameobi is ridiculous

ameobi is slow and, despite being a big fella, weak and lazy, is offside a lot, gives away needless free kicks, always grins when caught offside for the tenth time, skips around instead of running, has a dodgy hip, thinks he's been burgled when actually he just left his house messy....etc...

FYP

ameobi is slow and, despite being a big fella, weak and lazy, is offside a lot, gives away needless free kicks, always grins when caught offside for the tenth time, skips around instead of running, has a dodgy hip, thinks he's been burgled when actually he just left his house messy....etc...

FYP

Pretty much spot on :angry:

that there is victor anichebe

Nah.

Nah.

i have had to put up with watching him for the past few seasons, but you obviously know more than me about him.

i really, really hope you sign him

Nah.

i have had to put up with watching him for the past few seasons, but you obviously know more than me about him.

i really, really hope you sign him

:angry: Too easy.

• 2 months later...