Louise Taylor's Childhood football memories

asteroidblitz

Bless :)

Sunderland 2 Bolton Wanderers 1, April 1976

It was Easter Monday, the sun was shining and 52,000 - well 51,983 - crammed into Roker Park to see Sunderland beat Bolton 2-1 and win promotion back to the old first division. I was 12 and living in a tiny village called Staploe in Bedfordshire but still clearly remember the long journey up and down the A1 to Roker with my Sunderland-supporting father. Back then Bolton boasted Peter Thompson - a wonderful talent - as well as Peter Reid and the atmosphere inside the ground was incredibly tense. Tony Towers gave Sunderland the lead from the penalty spot before Bryan 'Pop' Robson added a second. Bolton pulled one back but Sunderland held on and I drank a celebratory orange and tonic in the Scotch Corner Hotel en route home. Louise Taylor

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/...ldhood-memories

I was going to make a fucking huge post about her previous insistence she was a Newcastle fan to placate the mob attacking her over the "NUFC fans are racists because they made a sarcastic quip about Mido looking like the Richard Reid" but I'm too pissed. In short, I hope she gets AIDS.

Edited by Ketsbaia

Bless :)

It was Easter Monday, the sun was shining and 52,000 - well 51,983 - crammed into Roker Park to see Sunderland beat Bolton 2-1 and win promotion back to the old first division. I was 12 and living in a tiny village called Staploe in Bedfordshire but still clearly remember the long journey up and down the A1 to Roker with my Sunderland-supporting father. Back then Bolton boasted Peter Thompson - a wonderful talent - as well as Peter Reid and the atmosphere inside the ground was incredibly tense. Tony Towers gave Sunderland the lead from the penalty spot before Bryan 'Pop' Robson added a second. Bolton pulled one back but Sunderland held on and I drank a celebratory orange and tonic in the Scotch Corner Hotel en route home. Louise Taylor

Child abuse.

I was 12 and living in a tiny village called Staploe in Bedfordshire but still clearly remember the long journey up and down the A1 to Roker with my Sunderland-supporting father.

She's a bloody out of towner. Stevie won't be impressed.

Had no idea Pop Robson signed for the mackems three times like. Apparently he played alongise Pedro at Carlisle too. :cuppa:

Played for Carlisle at the first game I went to I think (although I might be getting mixed up). Seem to remember him coming on as a sub.

Bless ;)

Is that it? You fucking bint :cuppa: More detail about the pop at Scotch Corner than the one in the match.

WKL

A glorious afternoon for Newcastle United, featuring a hat -trick from Andy Carroll, was overshadowed by Joey Barton's questionable goal celebration today. The mustachioed midfielder appeared to celebrate with a Nazi -style salute after scoring the first goal of his side's 6-0 demolition of Aston Villa.

Yet it turned out to be a misunderstanding, as he later said it was a gesture implying that he would be shaving off the upper lip hair he had pledged to grow until promoted Newcastle won their first Premier League game of the season.

"I was simply saying the moustache goes," a clean -shaven Barton said when he was made aware his ill-advised gesture had prompted a storm of outrage across internet message boards and Twitter. "It was either the end of the moustache or my relationship, so I'm relieved."

Chris Hughton initially claimed he had "not seen" the incident. "This is about us scoring six goals and I'm not interested in anything else," he said. "I thought Joey's football was excellent today." Later, Newcastle's manager viewed television replays of the "salute" and declared himself convinced Barton's intention was innocent.

After getting back from the bars after I'd been to the game, I kicked the door off its hinges, threw a cup against the wall, told the kids to fuck off out in the garden and play and get out my sight and told the wife I was fucking fuming!

"What's the matter with you?", she said.

I told her the awful truth, "We win six nil, Carroll gets a hat-trick, we give those Brummie cunts some unmerciful stick, but then that Barton goes and completely overshadows the whole day by making what looked a Nazi salute. I'm just devastated. Wait till I get on one of them internet message boards! And that Twitter won't know whats hit it when I vent my spleen later on!"

What a load of fucking shit :lol: How she has the gall, honestly.

She's a joke of a journalist. For everything she has written about us the single worst thing she's knocked together was her xenophobic ramblings about crime in South Africa which could've been condensed down to "the blacks will rob, rape and murder you."

Her justification was hilarious toow which amounted to "my editor asked me to do it so I did and I don't actually believe anything I wrote."

She's a joke of a journalist. For everything she has written about us the single worst thing she's knocked together was her xenophobic ramblings about crime in South Africa which could've been condensed down to "the blacks will rob, rape and murder you."

Her justification was hilarious toow which amounted to "my editor asked me to do it so I did and I don't actually believe anything I wrote."

Link?

Link?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/20...-2010-world-cup - The comments are great, she gets her arse torn out :huh:

http://aki702.posterous.com/response-from-...ist-louise-tayl

"surely if the Egyptians could build the pyramids they could host a World Cup."

You. Fucking. Well. What? :lol:

The only thing more baffling is her reply. "I'm not qualified to do a phone interview."

Louise, love, I doubt you're qualified to write shite on a daily basis for one of the biggest newspapers in the country but that doesn't stop you :huh:

"This article was amended on Wednesday 8 July 2009. We misdescribed the circumstances in which a German journalist died during the Confederations Cup tournament in South Africa. This has been corrected."

Lied in other words.

I'm convinced the only reason she still has a job is Glendenning is a paddy Mackem and gets a wide on from reading her stuff. She's dire, every article reads like she's spent half of her time hammering MS Word's Thesarus function.

I can't get a job yet that lying, barely literate slapper is working for the Grauniad. Fuck my days :lol: