Itunes and Iphone

luckyluke

Having a bit of grief with this:

I'm at my parents' and want to steal some of my brother's music of their Mac. However, when I plug my iphone into the PC it won't let me drag and drop music, it seems the only option is to sync my ipod with this computer, which obviously I don't want to do. I was able to do this with my ipod touch. Why can't I do it with my iphone? And if I can, how?

Cheers.

Try clicking on "Manually select music" or something in the main iphone menu or in the iphone music menu.

Yeah I tried that but it still insists on wiping it and syncing it with this computer first.

Just tried it with my ipod touch and I can't do it with that now either (I was definitely able to do this when I visited last month). Must be the new version of itunes.

If I lived in London I would march into the apple shop, grab the first fat cunt in a staff issue 'superheroes don't always wear a cape' t-shirt and beat him to a bloody mess.

Just downloaded new itunes version assumed it would pick up everything that was already on old itunes that it was replacing however not so.

Am I missing a trick here or what? If i press sync it comes up saying it will wipe everything of my phone and replace it with whats on new version of itunes which is nowt!

Just downloaded new itunes version assumed it would pick up everything that was already on old itunes that it was replacing however not so.

Am I missing a trick here or what? If i press sync it comes up saying it will wipe everything of my phone and replace it with whats on new version of itunes which is nowt!

I should keep your librabry in place. If not, I think you can say manually sync music and it shouldnt touch it? Just do a backup in case.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry, I know this is an old thread, but I had similar problems with itunes not recognising my library. In the folder where you keep your music, there should be a file called iTunes Library.xml. this stores all the info for your iTunes, iirc.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tuco Ramirez

I lost my cable which goes from my little ipod just a little £150 music thing, so I bought another charge thing which goes from pc to ipod on SATURDAY AT Lewisham market. I've plugged it in and fuck all happens. Any ideas?