How do you rate this transfer window?

Dr Gloom

We could sign Messi and Leazes would still find a way to complain and see the absolute worst in anything and everything we've done post-Shepherd era.

Decent window to be honest aside from not getting another striker in. Sounding like a broken record here but I'm very worried about our frontline once Carroll gets injured/imprisioned.

I wouldn't, what a stupid comment. I expect you are now going to say I mentioned Shepherd, when you did ....

In terms of what I think this football club should be aiming for, it is shit. You can lower your expectations and settle for less if you like.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gudjohnsen's a player that we should have been beating Stoke to get as well. Especially when Keane made it clear he didn't want to come.

Just to pick up on this quickly, Gudjohnsen is similar to Smith in that he apparently doesn't see himself as a striker any more. Had we signed him he'd be competing for the Nolan/Ben Arfa role rather than playing as a centre forward.

I think he could easily.

Glassing someone on CCTV is quite hard to deny. Add in the "making an example" of him and it doesn't look good.

Christ! Wasn't aware of the details. Bad form whichever way you look at it.

Im much more aggrieved at losing out on Cleverley than Gudjohnsen. Wigan ffs :jesuswept:.

doesnt seem like there were any good value for money strikers out there though, considering gyan went for 13m.

I think combined with some of our players seeming to perform a lot better than previous season (Barton, Williamson, Carroll and yes even Smith has been decent imo) these transfers should be enough to make us stay up. Hopefully we can keep working on cheap deals like these and maybe get us a decent rb and striker in jan or next summer.

Im much more aggrieved at losing out on Cleverley than Gudjohnsen. Wigan ffs :jesuswept:.

doesnt seem like there were any good value for money strikers out there though, considering gyan went for 13m.

I think combined with some of our players seeming to perform a lot better than previous season (Barton, Williamson, Carroll and yes even Smith has been decent imo) these transfers should be enough to make us stay up. Hopefully we can keep working on cheap deals like these and maybe get us a decent rb and striker in jan or next summer.

Nah, give Perch time i reckon. Was same with Enrique when he arrived. I'm guessing he's just a little intimidated playing in front of the big crowd..

Enrique was made out to be a flop early doors because Allardyce chose not to play him. It wasn't to do with performances imo. The press labelled him a 'Spanish Flop' then people latched onto it.

Where does Cleverley play though, thats the issue? I know he can play in defence but he is essentially a central midfielder so am not sure he would have got that many games for us.