Change in Work Hours - Change in Contract?

wykikitoon

Surly the buck has to stop with the gaffers Renton?

We have a great organisation in the NHS, the fucking best in the world no doubt about it. I am epileptic and have been treated for years by them, no complaints at all.

When I worked in practice, one of the local councils had this big efficiency study done to identify improvements they could make. Anyway they made the improvements but they didn't produce any of the reports to track the impact these improvements would have.

So they got us back in to pay us more money to determine whether the efficiency improvements had actually resulted in efficiency improvements. :lol:Fucking pisstake with public cash.

Something's got to keep you in factor 50 suncream and 40 watt lightbulbs!

Surly the buck has to stop with the gaffers Renton?

We have a great organisation in the NHS, the fucking best in the world no doubt about it. I am epileptic and have been treated for years by them, no complaints at all.

But what gaffers?

Hospital managers are there to deal with all the bullshit, sacking dangerous nurses, dealing with complaints, keeping waiting lists down. Pretty much trying to make hospitals better places for the general public. The band scale is currently goes from 1 - 7, then 8a, 8b, 8c, 8d and 9. Apart from a band 9 the rest don't just magic up jobs for people or decide to build new hospitals/Gp surgerys etc. Thats all done by commissioners, most of them who have never worked a day as a nurse or doctor in their lives.

Re PCs If a machine is quite old there is a fair chance the it could start to fail. I.E the hard drives.

And once they get about 4/5 years old there is no point re-imaging or fixing best off replacing them.

Some places feel the need to replace after 3 which is usually when the warranty is up.

When I worked in practice, one of the local councils had this big efficiency study done to identify improvements they could make. Anyway they made the improvements but they didn't produce any of the reports to track the impact these improvements would have.

So they got us back in to pay us more money to determine whether the efficiency improvements had actually resulted in efficiency improvements. :lol:Fucking pisstake with public cash.

Something's got to keep you in factor 50 suncream and 40 watt lightbulbs!

Don't forget the brogues, bitch!

funny someone mentioned PC's, the replacing of them after X number of years is true enough, but they're all shite spec'd anyways.

And they're all the bloody same no matter what job your doing, i work as a developer in the public sector and my pc is running normal office apps + sql server, iis, a couple of copies of visual studio etc etc....and i get the same spec pc as some pillock using excel and outlook at most.

literally can take 30mins to get my pc up and running.

We're the same way here. We get all our PCs from one vendor company wide, sign a 3 year lease, then send them back as they expire. Massive pain in the ass as it's EVERYTHING we use- from the most critical production server down to the lowly workstation on a team leader's desk. I think we do it for some kind of break on depreciation of assets though. Can't see any other reason why we'd do it this way. It's certainly no cheaper than buying/ building PCs with various specs from local vendors who would absolutely jump at the chance to service a footprint like my plant.

As for the efficiency stuff- funny story. We used to make all of the visors for our headliners at a plant in Kentucky. Some big wheel figured out it'd be a ton cheaper to ship that operation to Mexico. Obviously it'd be more on freight, but the company would more than make up for it on lower wages, so the plan was approved and the visor operation was sent to Mexico.

Fast forward about 10 years later and take into account the drug lords, border war, horrible quality, late (or sometimes just flat out non-) shipments, and a unionized workforce south of the border, wonder how much cheaper it actually is... I heard one of my materials guys say that the visor plant spent something like a quarter of a million dollars on expedite (emergency) freight three weeks ago because of issues with the union workforce. Week before they'd spent half a mil. Just on their emergency freight.

Wonder if the guy who dreamed up this brilliant plan hears about it now?

Think yourself lucky. My parents have grafted for 50 years between them to get very good jobs in the NHS. They each got a letter on Monday to say they might not have one in 6 months. Gotta love a Tory Government!

;) Typical Labour loving blindness

Labour has FUCKED the NHS up by creating 600k new "jobs" in it lad.

50 Years, theyll get a good package.

Labour has fucked the NHS? Aye, sure they did.

Have you got a link to back up your 600k extra jobs comment (with the implication they are of no value)?

Love it when people in the private sector practically gloat over the loss of public sector jobs btw.

to be fair - rather them than me

Private sector in the region relies on the public sector anyway. Not just in terms of people spending the money they've earned but because loads of the private sector does business with the public sector. 2J also made the point when I was talking to him recently that while the Tories and the Tory rags like to portray the area as being 'subsidised' by the south east with the high proportion of public sector jobs up here it's a bit of a red herring because they're jobs that are actually cheaper to the Treasury because they're up here anyway.

What are frontline staff exactly? As I mentioned, for every manager that gets sacked and his office shut down you are losing a cleaner and a secretary.

Nurses, doctors, consultants. Those who actually deliver the care rather than administrators or ancillary staff.

What are they going to replace the PCT's with? There seems to be a lot of overlapping of jobs there. I'd rather savings were made in these sort of areas and front-line staff were protected.

At the moment 151 PCTs and 10 SHAs are planned to be replaced by over 500 GP consortia with greatly reduced central regulation. The White paper claims that 45% of managerial jobs will be cut in this process, but given that it also plans to introduce quality targets with incentives and sanctions I just cannot see how this is possible. The overall motive for the changes though seem to be for government to devolve itself of responsibility for the Health Service - basically passing the buck to the providers. There's also going to be a lot of conflicts of interest and undoubtedly an increasing role for provate for profit companies in the NHS.

As I have repeatedly stated, objectively speaking the NHS is one the most efficient services in the World, crudely this can be shown by the amount we spend on it (relatively low poroportion of GDP) compared with our health outcomes (life expectancy etc). Furthermore, despite constant criticism from the right-wing press, public satisfaction with it is very high. It's easy to say we should spend more money on clinical staff and less on managers but hard to implement in practice without affecting quality and efficiency. Also it is surely undeniable that the planned reforms will reintroduce the post code lottery (and we all know who will suffer most from that). My point is then, why try and fix something that in my opinion isn't broken? There's not a great deal more efficiency that can be squeezed out the NHS despite what the red tops and Mail may say.

Of course, this reorganisation itself will be immensely costly, coupled with the fact that we really do need to contain costs to reduce the deficit, I think it could be disastrous. A lot of really good work from the last government is being thrown away, I fear for ideological reasons. Regarding the latter point, people should just ask themselves the findamental question - do they really trust the Conservatives with the NHS?

The stupidity of some people who read the Mail and take as being Gospel ;) It boils my piss when people slag off the NHS. I'm in my 10th year working in the NHS now and can honestly say it is a great organisation. Yes it has it's problems but show me a company that big that doesn't?

The tories seem to have one eye on the American system and the profits it makes. I'd implore people to watch 'Sicko'. Yeah it's typical Michael Moore propaganda but it gets its point across

The stupidity of some people who read the Mail and take as being Gospel :D It boils my piss when people slag off the NHS. I'm in my 10th year working in the NHS now and can honestly say it is a great organisation. Yes it has it's problems but show me a company that big that doesn't?

The tories seem to have one eye on the American system and the profits it makes. I'd implore people to watch 'Sicko'. Yeah it's typical Michael Moore propaganda but it gets its point across

there's just this feeling that an organsiation that rivals the People's Liberation Army and Indian State Railways for size might be less efficient than a smaller one

The stupidity of some people who read the Mail and take as being Gospel :D It boils my piss when people slag off the NHS. I'm in my 10th year working in the NHS now and can honestly say it is a great organisation. Yes it has it's problems but show me a company that big that doesn't?

there's just this feeling that an organsiation that rivals the People's Liberation Army and Indian State Railways for size might be less efficient than a smaller one

The NHS isn't really just one monolithic organisation is it though, and hasn't been since the 1980s and 1990s reforms. It's an internal market, but - importantly - with the principle of equity at its core rather than ability to pay associated with the free market.

You know what would make the NHS most efficient? To scrap it in its entirety, and let people who can afford it pay for it directly. Be careful what you wish for Grandad.

Your average Joe doesn't give a flying fuck over efficiency. He just wants you to save his kids life when she gets knocked over, or give him a bypass when he has a heart attack, or give his wife Chemo when she gets cancer.

Of course , if it will make it more efficient I would love to remortgage my house everytime a situation like that occurs. Then we can have Sky HD in our rooms like in America.