Feed not fitting the screen,

The Fish

I've tried faffing about with the aspect ratio, but it seems the tv is receiving a feed that's lopping off the sides of the picture so, for example, Sky Sports News is missing the majority of the bar at the bottom and the entirety of the side bars.

Any suggestions how to fix this, as it's bugging the shit out of me?

does your tv have a 'zoom' feature?

it does and I've tried flicking around through those options and it's making no difference to the sides, other than turning it on wipes more from the visible area.

I've tried faffing about with the aspect ratio, but it seems the tv is receiving a feed that's lopping off the sides of the picture so, for example, Sky Sports News is missing the majority of the bar at the bottom and the entirety of the side bars.

Any suggestions how to fix this, as it's bugging the shit out of me?

Y'know, mine does the same thing. I've chalked it up to Sky being originally broadcast in an HD resolution, but my FSC is only standard definition.

All my HD channels display correctly and all my standard definition channels also display correctly. I realize you're probably not in the States watching Sky on FSC, but it could be something similar where for some reason you're getting the HD feed in standard definition. Wouldn't mention it otherwise, but what you describe is exactly how my TV displays SSN as well.

You can also change the aspect settings on the sky box.

Yeah? where's those settings?

Is it a Sky HD box? If so, change the output resolution (in picture settings) to automatic and see if that works.

Edited by JamesD