US Military Dictatorship?

Happy Face

Not really bothered about such Liberal rubbish.

The liberal rubbish that forms the basis of the article on NK you Linked to?

So far as I am concerned, if there is an issue of National Security I believe the Americans far more than I do tinpot dictators and banana republics

Because they have absolutely no history of lying do they?

What would be your limits - how many people would they be allowed to kill before you said hang on there's something not quite right here - 10, 100 - a thousand - more?

I know who the good guys are. The bad guys wouldn't let you post what you say about them.

phew! what a relief, as long as YOU know..... :good:

coming from a yank wannabee .... :lol:

i don't even understand your response....must be my percieved lack of real world experience, or your lack of geographical knowledge, of course it could be that you are an internet forum sooopa poster that reverts to what he knows best (name calling and the like) when his side of the argument breaks down.

fact is ,either killing is bad or it isn't, it can't be ok for one side and not the other. either you're for it or you're not.

i am against killing period.

fact is LM you haven't a clue, in order to get one you'd need to open your eyes and your mind to the miriad of other cultures and points of view that exist on our planet....tbh i dont even know i'm wasting my effort with this.

point is sunshine, you are a plastic yank coming on here trying to tell genuine lifelong supporters of the football club that have actively supported the club for anything between 20-45 years that you know better than we do.

You also insist you know more about the politics of the UK more than the majority of posters who have lived here and always have done to go with it.

You also are debating issues of National Security with me. You know fuck all about me, you know nothing of my backround or anything at all. You know nothing about my perception of the world, politics, cultures, how I have travelled. You know fuck all. What I do know about you though, is you are a plastic yank, like most Canadians. Like most Jocks who are English wannabees. You are the North American version of a mackem.

Killing is bad, but sometimes it is justified. Don't bother preaching to me that the killing of cunts who have terrorist links or even cunts who have sympathies with those who do active terrorism within the civilised western world from their caves in the middle east isn't justified, because it is.

Issues of National Security are basic common sense. You being a liberal minded tosspot, think you should be told certain things. But you should not. Certain things are highly confidential for a reason. If you don't agree then basically it's your tough luck. If you want to talk politics talk Canadian politics, not UK politics, because I for one don't give a shit what your opinions are of the UK if you have chosen not to live here and integrate into the community correctly.

:cry: ...read the OP...we're talking about NORTH AMERICAN POLITICS.....i really don't give a shit about what you think of me.

your reply just goes to show how completely deluded and cluesless you are and the rancor in it belies i may have hit a nerve , is it a fear of books? is that why you dont read? . bitter much. :nufc:

btw...killing is never justified

Edited by tooner

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far as I am concerned, if there is an issue of National Security I believe the Americans far more than I do tinpot dictators and banana republics

What would be your limits - how many people would they be allowed to kill before you said hang on there's something not quite right here - 10, 100 - a thousand - more?

I know who the good guys are. The bad guys wouldn't let you post what you say about them.

phew! what a relief, as long as YOU know..... :nufc:

coming from a yank wannabee .... :cry:

i don't even understand your response....must be my percieved lack of real world experience, or your lack of geographical knowledge, of course it could be that you are an internet forum sooopa poster that reverts to what he knows best (name calling and the like) when his side of the argument breaks down.

fact is ,either killing is bad or it isn't, it can't be ok for one side and not the other. either you're for it or you're not.

fact is LM you haven't a clue, in order to get one you'd need to open your eyes and your mind to the miriad of other cultures and points of view that exist on our planet....tbh i dont even know i'm wasting my effort with this.

point is sunshine, you are a plastic yank coming on here trying to tell genuine lifelong supporters of the football club that have actively supported the club for anything between 20-45 years that you know better than we do.

You also insist you know more about the politics of the UK more than the majority of posters who have lived here and always have done to go with it.

You also are debating issues of National Security with me. You know fuck all about me, you know nothing of my backround or anything at all. You know nothing about my perception of the world, politics, cultures, how I have travelled. You know fuck all. What I do know about you though, is you are a plastic yank, like most Canadians. Like most Jocks who are English wannabees. You are the North American version of a mackem.

Killing is bad, but sometimes it is justified. Don't bother preaching to me that the killing of cunts who have terrorist links or even cunts who have sympathies with those who do active terrorism within the civilised western world from their caves in the middle east isn't justified, because it is.

Issues of National Security are basic common sense. You being a liberal minded tosspot, think you should be told certain things. But you should not. Certain things are highly confidential for a reason. If you don't agree then basically it's your tough luck. If you want to talk politics talk Canadian politics, not UK politics, because I for one don't give a shit what your opinions are of the UK if you have chosen not to live here and integrate into the community correctly.

:lol: Classic.

If only someone stopped Stalin before the first of those 20,000,000 eh?

I'm sure you agree this is an outrageous abuse of power and hope the others are right that the supreme court will reject it. I can understand you jumping on the jokey response to Leazes (the only response he warrants) as it's probably the only debatable thing in the thread.

Well, isn't that a shame. You are absolutely clueless HF, in your knowledge and awareness of the importance of National Security issues. I'm sure you haven't lived in the real world.....

Aye, your trust in the infallibility of leaders shows up my naiveté in the political arena and no mistake.

you've been reading the wrong books mate. Get into the real world.

Duracell_bunny_small.jpg

The same stock response in EVERY thread, no matter what the topic.

Search for "real world" by poster "LeazesMag" returned 63 results

If you're not going to explain why you think a leader needs to be able to kill citizens of his choice without providing any evidence of their crimes, I don't know what you get out of participating in the thread. Does having your ignorance exposed arouse you sexually or summat?

Edited by Happy Face

some things quite rightly don't get made public, but to compare it with a Stalinist regime is absurd.

What's the difference between a dictatorship like North Korea where the leader cannot be questioned by any means and a so called democracy where the leader cannot be questioned by any means?

The difference is at least the Koreans have a sense of humour about it all:

http://selebspy.wordpress.com/2010/09/28/l...of-north-korea/

phew! what a relief, as long as YOU know..... :good:

coming from a yank wannabee .... :lol:

:cry: ...read the OP...we're talking about NORTH AMERICAN POLITICS.....i really don't give a shit about what you think of me.

your reply just goes to show how completely deluded and cluesless you are and the rancor in it belies i may have hit a nerve , is it a fear of books? is that why you dont read? . bitter much. :nufc:

btw...killing is never justified

deluded = Not at all. As I said, you know nothing about me.

Hit a nerve = just showing you how to suck eggs.

If only someone stopped Stalin before the first of those 20,000,000 eh?

I'm sure you agree this is an outrageous abuse of power and hope the others are right that the supreme court will reject it. I can understand you jumping on the jokey response to Leazes (the only response he warrants) as it's probably the only debatable thing in the thread.

Well, isn't that a shame. You are absolutely clueless HF, in your knowledge and awareness of the importance of National Security issues. I'm sure you haven't lived in the real world.....

Aye, your trust in the infallibility of leaders shows up my naiveté in the political arena and no mistake.

you've been reading the wrong books mate. Get into the real world.

Duracell_bunny_small.jpg

The same stock response in EVERY thread, no matter what the topic.

Search for "real world" by poster "LeazesMag" returned 63 results

If you're not going to explain why you think a leader needs to be able to kill citizens of his choice without providing any evidence of their crimes, I don't know what you get out of participating in the thread. Does having your ignorance exposed arouse you sexually or summat?

your ignorance of National Security issues is amazing. I realise you and one or two others perceive yourselves to be "scholarly" or whatever, but the President of the USA surrounds himself with people far more switched on than you, fortunately. He wouldn't take such advice from them lightly. You can bleat on as much as you like about the indignity of being left out of his circle that find out these things, but you aren't going to change the system. National security eh ? How to beat the whining clueless liberals. Fantastic :lol:

your ignorance of National Security issues is amazing. I realise you and one or two others perceive yourselves to be "scholarly" or whatever, but the President of the USA surrounds himself with people far more switched on than you, fortunately. He wouldn't take such advice from them lightly. You can bleat on as much as you like about the indignity of being left out of his circle that find out these things, but you aren't going to change the system. National security eh ? How to beat the whining clueless liberals. Fantastic :lol:

I'll take that as a yes.

If the president/military/police know what's best for us, why do the US bother with courts at all Leazes? Whole lot of expense for nothing following your logic. Should they be closed down?

Since October 2001, of 775 Guantanamo detainees, 3 have been charged with crimes. If the intelligence is right 0.4% of the time that's good enough for you to go ahead and kill suspects?

Something specific on the subject would be nice, rather than a generic personal attack without any facts to support it.

I'll take that as a yes.

If the president/military/police know what's best for us, why do the US bother with courts at all Leazes? Whole lot of expense for nothing following your logic. Should they be closed down?

Since October 2001, of 775 Guantanamo detainees, 3 have been charged with crimes. If the intelligence is right 0.4% of the time that's good enough for you to go ahead and kill suspects?

Something specific on the subject would be nice, rather than a generic personal attack without any facts to support it.

the point about "National Security" is nothing is as straightforward as being either black or white.

So far as I'm concerned, and this is to tooner as well, killing IS justified in certain cirumstances, but I suppose on that particular point, we will have to disagree.

I'll take that as a yes.

the point about "National Security" is nothing is as straightforward as being either black or white.

So far as I'm concerned, and this is to tooner as well, killing IS justified in certain cirumstances, but I suppose on that particular point, we will have to disagree.

I agree, killing can be justified in certain circumstances. During a war anyone on the battlefield can be deemed an enemy combatant and has to accept that being on that battlefield taking up arms means they're at risk.

But that's not what's happened here. In these circumstances the US are defining the battlefield as the whole planet and saying the justification for assassination need not be provided by them....actually it must be kept secret.

How are we as individuals to know under which circumstances we will be killed if the US will not charge their victims with a crime or present evidence of their guilt?

You said it yourself...it's "justified in certain circumstances"...these circumstances have to be be defined and met. The US are refusing to do that.

I'll take that as a yes.

I agree, killing can be justified in certain circumstances. During a war anyone on the battlefield can be deemed an enemy combatant and has to accept that being on that battlefield taking up arms means they're at risk.

But that's not what's happened here. In these circumstances the US are defining the battlefield as the whole planet and saying the justification for assassination need not be provided by them....actually it must be kept secret.

How are we as individuals to know under which circumstances we will be killed if the US will not charge their victims with a crime or present evidence of their guilt?

You said it yourself...it's "justified in certain circumstances"...these circumstances have to be be defined and met. The US are refusing to do that.

How are we to know as individuals ? Basically, as I said, the answer to that is you aren't going to find out because someone has deemed there is an issue of National Security involved and on that basis they aren't going to tell you. Every case is based on its own merits, this is the point of National Security. There is fuck all you can do about it. You don't have a "right" to know everything concerning what governments do and why, whether you like it or not.

If they shoot the fuckers, then there is a reason for it and I for one will be pleased they have found something to justify getting rid of one more scumbag.

Think all the new laws which allow phone and internet spying as well as bank details in the U.S. are pretty shocking like seen as they drone on about freedom all day long.

You can say this and it's a fair point, but it is necessary for the intelligence services to do it, it is where modern communcations take place now. They don't put parcels and notes in holes in trees anymore. You know this Parky ?

I'll take that as a yes.

How are we to know as individuals ? Basically, as I said, the answer to that is you aren't going to find out because someone has deemed there is an issue of National Security involved and on that basis they aren't going to tell you. Every case is based on its own merits, this is the point of National Security. There is fuck all you can do about it. You don't have a "right" to know everything concerning what governments do and why, whether you like it or not.

If they shoot the fuckers, then there is a reason for it and I for one will be pleased they have found something to justify getting rid of one more scumbag.

Exactly.

If it's allowed, then they become a military dictatorship. Where the leader is accountable to no-one and the rights of it's citizens to their day in court no matter how heinous the crimes becomes just lip service.

The fact you'll be pleased about it doesn't change the basic fact.

Think all the new laws which allow phone and internet spying as well as bank details in the U.S. are pretty shocking like seen as they drone on about freedom all day long.

You can say this and it's a fair point, but it is necessary for the intelligence services to do it, it is where modern communcations take place now. They don't put parcels and notes in holes in trees anymore. You know this Parky ?

So you fully support the UAE and Saudi Arabia's ban on Blackberry's because they can't monitor individual use?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-10830485

:lol:

LM's overbiding position is of course founded on even if the person killed is innocent, one less Muslim in the world is a good thing - there can be no "unjustified" killing in his world so its pointless arguing about it.

:cry:

:lol: aye. Just adding a bit of homour to these anti-west rants

:nufc:

You certainly are.

Arguing in favour of justice & democracy = anti west

:nufc:

You certainly are.

Arguing in favour of justice & democracy = anti west

You're unbelievably naive.

I haven't really read the entire discussion, so apolgies if this has been cleared up already, But am I right in thinking someone is being sentences to death without trial?

How can that be right?

I haven't really read the entire discussion, so apolgies if this has been cleared up already, But am I right in thinking someone is being sentences to death without trial?

How can that be right?

Don't by naive.

It's just a muslimer.

:lol:

KSA, so far you've made 7 posts in this thread. Please point out one that relates to the question being debated?

I am not going to lower myself to 'debating' such a ludicrous proposal. You only take people seriously who you respect, and I can't respect people who obviously don't understand the basic construct of the U.S. government and its various bodies, and go on to claim that if we were to point out the differences between North Korea and U.S.A we would be splitting hairs. That displays a level of idiocy that is usually reserved for mentally retarded poultry. I shouldn't have to point out that the U.S. isn't a military dictatorship, as that is an axiom. The demographic who believe this nonsense to be the case is comprised of terrorist sympathizers, why would I bother engaging with those types, pointless exercise.

KSA, so far you've made 7 posts in this thread. Please point out one that relates to the question being debated?

I am not going to lower myself to 'debating' such a ludicrous proposal. You only take people seriously who you respect, and I can't respect people who obviously don't understand the basic construct of the U.S. government and its various bodies, and go on to claim that if we were to point out the differences between North Korea and U.S.A we would be splitting hairs. That displays a level of idiocy that is usually reserved for mentally retarded poultry. I shouldn't have to point out that the U.S. isn't a military dictatorship, as that is an axiom. The demographic who believe this nonsense to be the case is comprised of terrorist sympathizers, why would I bother engaging with those types, pointless exercise.

My point was that unquestioned state execution with no recourse to law would be defined as feature of somewhere like NK - you can't claim to be the land of the free and consider such actions as consistent with that definition.

Of course there are limits in any democracy but what amounts to "death squads" should be condemned no matter where they exist.