Fucks sake!

shackbleep

Do you think that selling good players when you get relegated means that you only ever aspire to be a 'selling club'? As far as I'm aware, before that, we only sold players that wanted to leave. Do you think that selling players that want to leave makes you a 'selling club', do you think the reasons for them wanting to leave were because we were a 'selling club'? If not, then do you not acknowledge that players were sold because they wanted to be sold because of circumstances at the time?

You'll ignore this.

:angry:

omg. Why did they want to leave ?

We were relegated BECAUSE they left. Tool.

:lol:

NOT BECAUSE WE'RE A SELLING CLUB

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the fact people are using Tiote as an example.

No other English top flight club was in for him and to be honest after the money Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea have paid for an excellent holding midfielder, well I hope he is here a long time, unfortunately I think Ashley will be here longer :angry:

No other English top flight club was in for him and to be honest after the money Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea have paid for an excellent holding midfielder, well I hope he is here a long time, unfortunately I think Ashley will be here longer :angry:

Source?

Source?

I'm not Leaze, so don't be a cantankerous cunt with me.

Linked with Everton and West Brom, "linked!" So no serious bids.

Tiote, who was also linked with Everton and West Brom, began his professional career with Anderlecht in 2005 and had a loan spell with Roda in the Netherlands, before moving to Twente in the summer of 2008.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ted/8935006.stm

No other English top flight club was in for him and to be honest after the money Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea have paid for an excellent holding midfielder, well I hope he is here a long time, unfortunately I think Ashley will be here longer :lol:

Source?

Tiote, who was also linked with Everton and West Brom, began his professional career with Anderlecht in 2005 and had a loan spell with Roda in the Netherlands, before moving to Twente in the summer of 2008.

How do you know :angry: Just because they aren't publicised doesn't mean there wasn't bids. I'll forgive you for being naive on the subject, I'm not sure how these things work on your side of the globe.

No other English top flight club was in for him and to be honest after the money Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea have paid for an excellent holding midfielder, well I hope he is here a long time, unfortunately I think Ashley will be here longer :lol:

Source?

How do you know :angry: Just because they aren't publicised doesn't mean there wasn't bids. I'll forgive you for being naive on the subject, I'm not sure how these things work on your side of the globe.

Bullshit. If you know otherwise show the proof.

If it's just a matter of you unable to get off your knees at the moment, we will wait until big Mike's finished.

exactly. Same as Leeds and Portsmouth. Using a 10-15% success or failure rate as an example to prove anything, is shaky ground to say the least

exactly. Same as Leeds and Portsmouth. Using a 10-15% success or failure rate as an example to prove anything, is shaky ground to say the least

Thanks Leaze but all is fine here, move along :angry:

Source?

Bullshit. If you know otherwise show the proof.

If it's just a matter of you unable to get off your knees at the moment, we will wait until big Mike's finished.

Oh right, sorry you're right, every time a club gets a bid knocked back they inform the press officer immediately to publicise it. Likewise, every time a club receives and rejects a bid the first thing they do it ring the red tops.

Tool.

Oh right, sorry you're right, every time a club gets a bid knocked back they inform the press officer immediately to publicise it. Likewise, every time a club receives and rejects a bid the first thing they do it ring the red tops.

Tool.

Look I just bid 5 quid on a 2010 Lotus Exige on ebay but it's not a bid if the owner thinks you're taking the piss.

So be a man, own up to the fact you know nowt and realise if Everton had placed a serious bid for the guy, opposed to be "linked" then Tiote would be a blue bin dipper.

BTW, I'd rather be a tool that is useful than Mike's cum bucket!

A bit like you referring to the big-money signing of Shearer then as a suggestion that we were good at getting value for money in the transfer market under Shepherd.

Tool.

Look I just bid 5 quid on a 2010 Lotus Exige on ebay but it's not a bid if the owner thinks you're taking the piss.

So be a man, own up to the fact you know nowt and realise if Everton had placed a serious bid for the guy, opposed to be "linked" then Tiote would be a blue bin dipper.

I emailed him and bid a fiver under book price. You didn't know that though, because it wasn't made public, as with, I'd guess, more than half of all transfer bids. Unless the NOTW have rigged every club's phone lines, I fail to see how you can argue otherwise.

Tool.

I emailed him and bid a fiver under book price. You didn't know that though, because it wasn't made public, as with, I'd guess, more than half of all transfer bids. Unless the NOTW have rigged every club's phone lines, I fail to see how you can argue otherwise.

That's you fucked then because ebay won't allow you to make offers via email.

Skid, you seem like a bright, albeit cantankerous, kid, arguing that NUFC won the race to sign Tiote over other PL clubs; well have you thought about defending Hicks and Gillett because they probably have slightly more cred than either the current or previous incumbent and/or footballer agents.

Tool.

Skid, you seem like a bright, albeit cantankerous, kid, arguing that NUFC won the race to sign Tiote over other PL clubs; well have you thought about defending Hicks and Gillett because they probably have slightly more cred than either the current or previous incumbent and/or footballer agents.

No, you took objection to using him as an example stating that nobody else was in for him which is just pure guesswork, i don't know whether there was or wasn't.

Tool.

No, you took objection to using him as an example stating that nobody else was in for him which is just pure guesswork, i don't know whether there was or wasn't.

See cantankerous.

You asked for a sauce, I gave you one, you argued the toss, no objection but I can see why you and Leaze never get any further than calling each other names.

Tool.

See cantankerous.

You asked for a sauce, I gave you one, you argued the toss, no objection but I can see why you and Leaze never get any further than calling each other names.

Your source clearly stated that other clubs were interested so did nothing other than harm your claim :angry: I don't have a fuckin' clue what cantankerous means btw :lol:

Ashley doesn't have a "master plan" to cut expenditure and then come back again. That would mean going back into debt again, because unfortunately risking debts if you want to be successful in football come together. He won't do that. Survival with minimal outlay and the hope of making a small profit is his "good business". Unfortunately, once again, I'll say the myth of 50,000 Geordies supporting the club evermore will put paid to that. The revenue will dive and he will lose money. Do you want to lose money attempting to be successful or do you want to lose money by sliding further and further behind.

Well said and a genuine fear. I know we're not going to get huge transfers under Ashley so I'm hoping the reality is somewhere is between, where we gradually improve our squad and once again become a genuinely attractive destination for talented players.

"risking debts if you want to be successful in football "

You are wrong =success in modern football means a CERTAINTY of debt - its how you manage that debt that is the real issue

Who the fuck cares who was interested in Tiote? I fail to see how that impacts upon the fact that we signed a good player for a good price?

:angry:

Who the fuck cares who was interested in Tiote? I fail to see how that impacts upon the fact that we signed a good player for a good price?

But because a couple of unsettled players who wanted to leave were sold and some players left us when we got relegated, that means that Tiote will be off because we're now a selling club :angry:

But because a couple of unsettled players who wanted to leave were sold and some players left us when we got relegated, that means that Tiote will be off because we're now a selling club :angry:

Aren't we a selling club but? Take a look at recent transfer windows (bar january & july 2k10).

No real meaningful data to say that we're a 'selling' club. A relegation will righfully see plenty of players shed from the roster. We couldn't have finished any higher in the Championship than we did, so none of the players sold were missed. The money spent on salary, and the money missed out on for the transfers would have been a significant and unwarranted additional burden.

Truth be told though just about every club out there is a 'selling' club if the price is right. Manchester United with Cristiano Ronaldo, next year Arsenal with Fabregas. If the money is fronted then just about anyone could be sold, with the exception of the extremely rare player that has a strong affiliation to particular clubs.

You are wrong =success in modern football means a CERTAINTY of debt - its how you manage that debt that is the real issue

I'm aware of that. I'm just trying to make the idea of it more acceptable to a certain dimwit.

Aren't we a selling club but? Take a look at recent transfer windows (bar january & july 2k10).

Dribble that again son?

I'm aware of that. I'm just trying to make the idea of it more acceptable to a certain dimwit.

So running at a loss with a 70%++ wage bill is good debt management? :angry: perhaps mike will get debt one day, when the club is in a healthy enough position to manage it.