Fucks sake!

shackbleep

I swear there was a thread specifically for this boring shit?

indeed there is. No legislation for thompers own particular brand of logic though. He would rather we outbid nobody for nobodies like Leon Best than break the world record for Alan Shearer or attempt to sign a truly top class player to follow in his footsteps.

He doesn't respond to my comment about David Gill telling everybody how much money Alex Ferguson has, so clubs can hold out for a higher price. Of course, it wasn't Freddie Shepherd so that's different :angry:

Roll on qualifying for europe again is what I say. Unfortunately we will never do it under the present owner because everything he does is taking the clubs profile further and further downwards.

The bold bits have fucking nothing to do with the point being made about going public about transfer budgets. They're you derailing threads with digs at the board again you utter twat. The non-bolded bit wasn't responded to because it isn't actually making a point so I don't know how to respond, apart from the obvious by stating that you are unbelievably thick.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the points I'm making are relevant? The only person trying to derail it into a full blown old board vs new board borefest is leazes for a change, between that and his obvious racism, I don't understand why he hasn't been banned.

Anyway, stop crying.

ASM, at Leazes has the self-awareness to realise he's rattling on about the same shit, you're under the illusion you're any less repetitive.

indeed there is. No legislation for thompers own particular brand of logic though. He would rather we outbid nobody for nobodies like Leon Best than break the world record for Alan Shearer or attempt to sign a truly top class player to follow in his footsteps.

He doesn't respond to my comment about David Gill telling everybody how much money Alex Ferguson has, so clubs can hold out for a higher price. Of course, it wasn't Freddie Shepherd so that's different :angry:

Roll on qualifying for europe again is what I say. Unfortunately we will never do it under the present owner because everything he does is taking the clubs profile further and further downwards.

The bold bits have fucking nothing to do with the point being made about going public about transfer budgets. They're you derailing threads with digs at the board again you utter twat. The non-bolded bit wasn't responded to because it isn't actually making a point so I don't know how to respond, apart from the obvious by stating that you are unbelievably thick.

the thread was going fine until post number 37

It means we don't look desperate and if we do go after someone it will be done nice and quietly behind the scenes rather than played out in the press.

which also means its likely to be someone who is so shit nobody else wants him.

aye, the OMG we can afford Rooney and Man Utd can't approach worked wonders didn't it :angry:

What's wrong with punching appropriately in the transfer market, in accordance with the club's weight at the time? - in the wake of an average finishing position of 4th over the previous three seasons. We beat them to the punch, and outfought them once before [with a similar wheeling & dealing/negotiating team, minus Keegan & Fletcher] when signing Shearer.

Nothing could be faulted in the move for Rooney - in the way of merit, ambition & timing.

Rooney had just turned down a new contract offer, and the general consensus at the time was that Man Utd had budgeted for a move next Summer when Rooney's existing contract had run into it's final year.

With the money acquired from the Woodgate sale [and the Rooney transfer was going to be partially financed, as was the case with Shearer] and extra finance we were in the position to have a genuine & concerted crack at the lad. If it wasn't for Man Utd restructuring their finances [to accomodate signing Rooney, a year ahead of schedule] we would've acquired a forward that any manager [including SBR's successor at the end of 04/05 season] could build their final 1/3 structure around for the next ten years, barring injury.

It wasn't that often we were usurped in the transfer market by a rival club. Shepherd's record when acquiring in-demand players on the continent holds up as well - Robert [beat off Barca, i think the same applies with Ginola] and Viana [AC Milan among others].

Compare this with our mainly miss record when it comes to acquiring the managers' top/priority targets, going back to Keegan's initial transfer window in January after Ashley declared that he would be more hands-on in the running of the club. Our incompetance [in not landing targets, under the steward of your mates Ashley & Llambarse] in this department by far outweighs being beaten in a closely fought race with Man United, for a blue-chip player/talent. I'd rather not have the club be a whipping bitch, and feeding club for the likes of Spurs.

Completely missing the point, as thick as leazes. The point is about going public about your intentions to spend money. You do know after publically declaring ourselves rich enough to sign rooney that everton turned down bids from us to hold out for more money?

There has always been a separate rule for the big clubs of the day and the perceived also-rans [quoting transfer fees, and fees payed at the end of the day] regardless of public declarations etc. During Keegan's first stint [it's somewhere in his book] he made mention of a going rate for everybody else, and a going rate for Newcastle United hence the one cloak & dagger deal as mentioned in a previous post. Same rule applied to Leeds when Risdale was wheeling & dealing with almost exclusively bank/borrowed money.

As for Rooney, yes Everton were hoping that Man United were going to jump into frey - who [as a feeder club] wouldn't hold out for a possible bidding war between two top-tier clubs. And going by Rooney's comments that 'he would have come here if it wasn't for Man Utd's intervention our 20m+ was far more palatable to Everton's board, compared to the inevitable & reduced offer heading their way next Summer when the said player's contract had trickled down to it's final year. A move for Rooney wasn't a belated non-runner as you would like to believe.

Edited by Year Zero

Pretty silly of me to respond, but I'm a little bored.

He would rather we outbid nobody for nobodies like Leon Best than break the world record for Alan Shearer or attempt to sign a truly top class player to follow in his footsteps.

Alan Shearer is a different story. He signed in 1996 after we finished 2nd in the league (the year before 6th, before that 3rd). Plus he has an obvious affinity to the area.

You have to understand that we're far from the club that we were in 1996, or the years before that. For us to compete with the bigger clubs we not only need to match their transfer fees despite having much lower turnovers. On top of that we then generally would need to exceed their wage offers. In reality we'd need to do more, and spend more than 'big' clubs that have been stalwarts in proper European competitions of late.

You'd be hard pressed finding anyone whose name doesn't start with Mrs and end in Best that thinks that the signing of Leon Best was a good one.

Yes please. However to do it in the current climate of super spending clubs with stacked rosters (again you have to admit that this was not so strongly the case back in 1996) we need to be smart about our signings. Signing a handful of players that each improve the quality of our first 11 in the long term is more likely to be beneficial to European ambitions than signing a more expensive big name player who's likely to struggle to get the service, support and/or movement (depending on position) that he got at other clubs.

I'd like to think that even you would admit that the signing of Tiote looks to have been a very good one that has significantly improved out first 11. Ben Arfa too was a good signing - finding someone with such obvious talent with a passion to play for Newcastle United is unfortunately rare these days. The short-mid term fate of that move unfortunately was fucked over by that cunt Nigel de Jong. Whether these sort of moves have a snowball effect resulting in other astute purchases that improve our team exponentially obviously remains to be seen. If Tiote leaves for more money in the off-season then the intentions will be made entirely clear.

There's a general feeling that Mike Ashley wants to buy players young and cheap to improve them, raise their profile and then move them off for a higher price, but the flipside of this is that that is exactly the sort of common sense policy that is essential in building a team that can compete for European qualification without throwing away ridiculous sums of money bringing in ready made mercenary talent. We've not really seen a lot of activity from the top that truly indicates precisely what Ashley wants to do, though in truth the signs are not at all good in suggesting that he has the competence to carry out his plans whatever they may be.

You might point to the sale of James Milner as evidence, but I'd counter that by saying that many believed at the time that we sold him for a very good price. On top of that he wanted to leave, so with a healthy price and his desire to depart it's hardly shocking that he was moved along (a true replacement should have been forthcoming though).

Charles N'Zogbia likewise wanted to go, probably because he's a stroppy, complaining jerk. Sure he might have been more talented than most of the players he left behind, but his presence came at what cost to the harmony of the side?

Seb Bassong had an excellent season and it was sad to see him go but I still agree that his sale was 100% the right decision. He wasn't needed for us in the Championship as evidenced by our excellent defensive record, and a season in the lower league would no doubt have reduced his value significantly. Upon our return to the premier league he'd likely have held us to ransom for a new deal with only 1 year left to run, and if he didn't get what he wanted he'd more or less have been able to force a sale at a severely reduced cost. Alternately he could have played out the season and gone for nothing. Whatever the case I think his sporadic and unimpressive performances for Tottenham prove that he's not as good as it first seemed. Stood out for us because he was playing alongside the confidence-shattered Coloccini and a winger as a fullback.

Shay Given went after the Keegan fuck up, which was perpetrated largely by the incompetence and naivity of Ashley in regards to running a football club. At the time you couldn't really blame Given, though you'd have to wonder whether he'd change his mind if he had the chance to make the decision all over again knowing what he knows now.

Now back to the topic at hand. In my opinion it's better to say you're not going to buy any players and then still keep your ear to the ground for any suitable players than it is to declare your intentions only to have agents drooling over the prospect of hefty transfer fees and sign-on clauses. January is notoriously bad for availability of quality players, so I'd rather us not throw away money on foolish signings with an eye on better bang for our buck in the off-season. Of course it's way too early now to know how close to the relegation spots we'll be in January so that should obviously have a large impact on Ashley's willingness to spend.

Sorry for the effing huge reposnse, but once I got started I couldn't stop. It would be interesting to hear a response from Leazes or Year Zero that doesn't hark back to a past that unfortunately has very little bearing on the current footballing climate. You're both obviously passionate and intelligent enough to read this and make a reasoned response.

He would rather we outbid nobody for nobodies like Leon Best than break the world record for Alan Shearer or attempt to sign a truly top class player to follow in his footsteps.

Alan Shearer is a different story. He signed in 1996 after we finished 2nd in the league (the year before 6th, before that 3rd). Plus he has an obvious affinity to the area.

You have to understand that we're far from the club that we were in 1996, or the years before that. For us to compete with the bigger clubs we not only need to match their transfer fees despite having much lower turnovers. On top of that we then generally would need to exceed their wage offers. In reality we'd need to do more, and spend more than 'big' clubs that have been stalwarts in proper European competitions of late.

You'd be hard pressed finding anyone whose name doesn't start with Mrs and end in Best that thinks that the signing of Leon Best was a good one.

Yes please. However to do it in the current climate of super spending clubs with stacked rosters (again you have to admit that this was not so strongly the case back in 1996) we need to be smart about our signings. Signing a handful of players that each improve the quality of our first 11 in the long term is more likely to be beneficial to European ambitions than signing a more expensive big name player who's likely to struggle to get the service, support and/or movement (depending on position) that he got at other clubs.

I'd like to think that even you would admit that the signing of Tiote looks to have been a very good one that has significantly improved out first 11. Ben Arfa too was a good signing - finding someone with such obvious talent with a passion to play for Newcastle United is unfortunately rare these days. The short-mid term fate of that move unfortunately was fucked over by that cunt Nigel de Jong. Whether these sort of moves have a snowball effect resulting in other astute purchases that improve our team exponentially obviously remains to be seen. If Tiote leaves for more money in the off-season then the intentions will be made entirely clear.

There's a general feeling that Mike Ashley wants to buy players young and cheap to improve them, raise their profile and then move them off for a higher price, but the flipside of this is that that is exactly the sort of common sense policy that is essential in building a team that can compete for European qualification without throwing away ridiculous sums of money bringing in ready made mercenary talent. We've not really seen a lot of activity from the top that truly indicates precisely what Ashley wants to do, though in truth the signs are not at all good in suggesting that he has the competence to carry out his plans whatever they may be.

You might point to the sale of James Milner as evidence, but I'd counter that by saying that many believed at the time that we sold him for a very good price. On top of that he wanted to leave, so with a healthy price and his desire to depart it's hardly shocking that he was moved along (a true replacement should have been forthcoming though).

Charles N'Zogbia likewise wanted to go, probably because he's a stroppy, complaining jerk. Sure he might have been more talented than most of the players he left behind, but his presence came at what cost to the harmony of the side?

Seb Bassong had an excellent season and it was sad to see him go but I still agree that his sale was 100% the right decision. He wasn't needed for us in the Championship as evidenced by our excellent defensive record, and a season in the lower league would no doubt have reduced his value significantly. Upon our return to the premier league he'd likely have held us to ransom for a new deal with only 1 year left to run, and if he didn't get what he wanted he'd more or less have been able to force a sale at a severely reduced cost. Alternately he could have played out the season and gone for nothing. Whatever the case I think his sporadic and unimpressive performances for Tottenham prove that he's not as good as it first seemed. Stood out for us because he was playing alongside the confidence-shattered Coloccini and a winger as a fullback.

Shay Given went after the Keegan fuck up, which was perpetrated largely by the incompetence and naivity of Ashley in regards to running a football club. At the time you couldn't really blame Given, though you'd have to wonder whether he'd change his mind if he had the chance to make the decision all over again knowing what he knows now.

Now back to the topic at hand. In my opinion it's better to say you're not going to buy any players and then still keep your ear to the ground for any suitable players than it is to declare your intentions only to have agents drooling over the prospect of hefty transfer fees and sign-on clauses. January is notoriously bad for availability of quality players, so I'd rather us not throw away money on foolish signings with an eye on better bang for our buck in the off-season. Of course it's way too early now to know how close to the relegation spots we'll be in January so that should obviously have a large impact on Ashley's willingness to spend.

Sorry for the effing huge reposnse, but once I got started I couldn't stop. It would be interesting to hear a response from Leazes or Year Zero that doesn't hark back to a past that unfortunately has very little bearing on the current footballing climate. You're both obviously passionate and intelligent enough to read this and make a reasoned response.

There's a common theme to each departure though, from the list you've provided. Seasoned veterans [Given] and talented youngsters alike will want to seek pastures anew, if the club's ambition doesn't match that of their own.

There was little sentimentality in the 80's, with predominantly locally based [british] players wanting to bugger off [compared with the likes of Bassong & Zoggy who naturally didn't have an affinity with the area & supporters, and thus are more volatile], think Beardsley as a case example. As shown with Robert & Solano an affinity with the supporter base can be developed [where foreign imports are concerned] over time within a flourishing football environment, where at least the team management & club's board are all pulling in the one direction for the sake of the product which is delivered out on the pitch. It was the club's achilles heel during the 80's [and prior], and now it's come around full circle.

Mike Ashley's policy of buying players [based on potential future resale value alone. and raising their profile] compromises the so-called Arsenal-model [which many hark on, in defense of Ashley's model] which is geared around building a team and with it a semblance of continuity around the core of the team [it's strengths] Wenger & Dein only lost their grasp of players when the likes Real Madrid & Barca moved in, and usually such sales/departures came when it was time for a generational change within the squad ie. the twin sale of Petit and Overmars.

Whereas our selling policy [under Ashley] has consisted of cashing in our chips at the first given opportunity. No manager would be able to piece together a jigsaw [and that's what building a squad over time is] under such constraints, and make drive for anything resembling a European birth with an owner lurking in the background, an owner who is willing to pull the carpet from underneath him at any given time because it represents 'good business', for the sake of the spreadsheets. Cole was sold by Keegan for footballing reasons, but & by the contrary we usually issued a hands-off warning when anybody came sniffing around - thinks Leeds again, when they were after Dyer and throwing money around.

In relation to Keegan & Robson's respective stints there was always a permiating feeling that we were piecing together the pieces of the jigsaw, when the opportunity arose. The acquirement of Woodgate In January is an example, and his reinforcement of the back four in 02/03 was imo the major contributing factor behind our drive to 3rd place in 02/03, at a time when we not the free flowing & high scoring outfit down the season's stretch a year earlier.

It wasn't that long ago [and i'm not harking back to Keegan's 1st stint, and embarking on a trip down memory lane] we adopted a similar buying pattern when purchasing the likes Dyer, Bramble & Jenas. The likes of Zoggy & Lua Lua were picked from relative obscurity when compared with the earlier names provided, at a fraction of the price. The approach was balanced, we acquired talent from recognised talent pools [well thought of prospects] and payed the necessary going rate, and by the same token took a punt some relative unknown prospects.

This supposed & newly discovered youth model has always been there in the context of Ashley's predecessors and the running of the football department, Ashley is by no means a new-age revolutionary figure.

Edited by Year Zero

So posts # 12, 30 and 34, all before my first post in the thread, were making no effort to have a stab at the board?

It means we don't look desperate and if we do go after someone it will be done nice and quietly behind the scenes rather than played out in the press.

aye, the OMG we can afford Rooney and Man Utd can't approach worked wonders didn't it :angry:

What's wrong with punching appropriately in the transfer market, in accordance with the club's weight at the time? - in the wake of an average finishing position of 4th over the previous three seasons. We beat them to the punch, and outfought them once before [with a similar wheeling & dealing/negotiating team, minus Keegan & Fletcher] when signing Shearer.

Nothing could be faulted in the move for Rooney - in the way of merit, ambition & timing.

Rooney had just turned down a new contract offer, and the general consensus at the time was that Man Utd had budgeted for a move next Summer when Rooney's existing contract had run into it's final year.

With the money acquired from the Woodgate sale [and the Rooney transfer was going to be partially financed, as was the case with Shearer] and extra finance we were in the position to have a genuine & concerted crack at the lad. If it wasn't for Man Utd restructuring their finances [to accomodate signing Rooney, a year ahead of schedule] we would've acquired a forward that any manager [including SBR's successor at the end of 04/05 season] could build their final 1/3 structure around for the next ten years, barring injury.

It wasn't that often we were usurped in the transfer market by a rival club. Shepherd's record when acquiring in-demand players on the continent holds up as well - Robert [beat off Barca, i think the same applies with Ginola] and Viana [AC Milan among others].

Compare this with our mainly miss record when it comes to acquiring the managers' top/priority targets, going back to Keegan's initial transfer window in January after Ashley declared that he would be more hands-on in the running of the club. Our incompetance [in not landing targets, under the steward of your mates Ashley & Llambarse] in this department by far outweighs being beaten in a closely fought race with Man United, for a blue-chip player/talent. I'd rather not have the club be a whipping bitch, and feeding club for the likes of Spurs.

Completely missing the point, as thick as leazes. The point is about going public about your intentions to spend money. You do know after publically declaring ourselves rich enough to sign rooney that everton turned down bids from us to hold out for more money?

There has always been a separate rule for the big clubs of the day and the perceived also-rans [quoting transfer fees, and fees payed at the end of the day] regardless of public declarations etc. During Keegan's first stint [it's somewhere in his book] he made mention of a going rate for everybody else, and a going rate for Newcastle United hence the one cloak & dagger deal as mentioned in a previous post. Same rule applied to Leeds when Risdale was wheeling & dealing with almost exclusively bank/borrowed money.

As for Rooney, yes Everton were hoping that Man United were going to jump into frey - who [as a feeder club] wouldn't hold out for a possible bidding war between two top-tier clubs. And going by Rooney's comments that 'he would have come here if it wasn't for Man Utd's intervention our 20m+ was far more palatable to Everton's board, compared to the inevitable & reduced offer heading their way next Summer when the said player's contract had trickled down to it's final year. A move for Rooney wasn't a belated non-runner as you would like to believe.

and ironically, under Mike Ashley, we have became once again a feeder club, just like Everton were in the case of Rooney, for the likes of Spurs, and even worse, Villa and Wigan

Thompers will never understand.

fair points. But - we need to get back to these levels, this is where we ought to be. I never accept it when players of this calibre [especially in such numbers] all want to leave the club. Top players should not want to leave Newcastle United. They should all see the club as a club where they can realise their ambitions. If they don't, the problem is with the club. An adopted Geordie and committed NUFC man like Shay Given [who was on sky TV and referred to NUFC as "we"] rings loud alarm bells. This is what Keegan recognised, and fucked off because it isn't good enough. It is also what I saw fairly from comments made by Allardyce and the idiot Mort and his "good business" tripe.

Ashley doesn't have a "master plan" to cut expenditure and then come back again. That would mean going back into debt again, because unfortunately risking debts if you want to be successful in football come together. He won't do that. Survival with minimal outlay and the hope of making a small profit is his "good business". Unfortunately, once again, I'll say the myth of 50,000 Geordies [courtesy of the ambition and attraction to the club brought about by the Halls and Shepherd's policies of running the club] supporting the club evermore will put paid to that. The revenue will dive and he will lose money. Do you want to lose money attempting to be successful or do you want to lose money by sliding further and further behind.

Edit.

I could say more, but would only be more or less repeating what my alter-ego :angry: year zero has said.

Edited by LeazesMag

So posts # 12, 30 and 34, all before my first post in the thread, were making no effort to have a stab at the board?

see the title of the thread. The thread was going fine until you chipped in as usual, responding to me, again, with your rubbish.

There has always been a separate rule for the big clubs of the day and the perceived also-rans [quoting transfer fees, and fees payed at the end of the day] regardless of public declarations etc. During Keegan's first stint [it's somewhere in his book] he made mention of a going rate for everybody else, and a going

rate for Newcastle United hence the one cloak & dagger deal as mentioned in a previous post. Same rule applied to Leeds when Risdale was wheeling & dealing with almost exclusively bank/borrowed money.

and ironically, under Mike Ashley, we have became once again a feeder club, just like Everton were in the case of Rooney, for the likes of Spurs, and even worse, Villa and Wigan

:lol: So why didn't we sell Carroll in the summer? You're a fuckin' tool, nothing more, nothing less.

Does signing a world cup players who won a domestic title last season fit in with a policy of buying cheap and selling for more? You'll ignore this question.

He doesn't respond to my comment about David Gill telling everybody how much money Alex Ferguson has, so clubs can hold out for a higher price. Of course, it wasn't Freddie Shepherd so that's different :lol:

see the title of the thread. The thread was going fine until you chipped in as usual, responding to me, again, with your rubbish.

:angry: Tool. I can see the thread of the title. There's no reference to the quality players we intend to sign in it, or anything about our credentials for european qualification. The thread was going fine until you posted in it, you fuckin thick-as-fuck tool, you can't blame me for responding to you. Or are you permitted to ramble on about unrelated shite in any topic and then the thread's downfall is the fault of anybody that dares to put you fuckin' straight and tell you what a thick cunt you are?

There has always been a separate rule for the big clubs of the day and the perceived also-rans [quoting transfer fees, and fees payed at the end of the day] regardless of public declarations etc. During Keegan's first stint [it's somewhere in his book] he made mention of a going rate for everybody else, and a going

rate for Newcastle United hence the one cloak & dagger deal as mentioned in a previous post. Same rule applied to Leeds when Risdale was wheeling & dealing with almost exclusively bank/borrowed money.

:lol: So why didn't we sell Carroll in the summer? You're a fuckin' tool, nothing more, nothing less.

Does signing a world cup players who won a domestic title last season fit in with a policy of buying cheap and selling for more? You'll ignore this question.

I won't ignore it. Time will tell. Tool. Why did Given, Milner, N'Zogbia, Beye, Bassong, Martins, Owen and Duff all want to leave ?

You'll ignore this question.

Edit

In fact, if you do ignore it, I'll ignore you for the rest of this thread as I don't want to be part of dragging it down further.

Edited by LeazesMag

He doesn't respond to my comment about David Gill telling everybody how much money Alex Ferguson has, so clubs can hold out for a higher price. Of course, it wasn't Freddie Shepherd so that's different :icon_lol:

:angry: Tool. I can see the thread of the title. There's no reference to the quality players we intend to sign in it, or anything about our credentials for european qualification. The thread was going fine until you posted in it, you fuckin thick-as-fuck tool, you can't blame me for responding to you. Or are you permitted to ramble on about unrelated shite in any topic and then the thread's downfall is the fault of anybody that dares to put you fuckin' straight and tell you what a thick cunt you are?

:lol:

I won't ignore it. Time will tell. Tool. Why did Given, Milner, N'Zogbia, Beye, Bassong, Martins, Owen and Duff all want to leave ?

I won't ignore it, because they didn't like that the gravy train had left central station? Because we got relegated? Selling/releasing players in relegation of course doesn't set the tone for future ambitions in the transfer market as you're well aware. I love that the Tiote signing completely goes against what you're saying but you maintain your opinion with a passive 'time will tell' comment. Like the stubborn thick cunt that you are.

Oh and why did Hamann. Woodgate and Jenas want to leave?

Do you think that selling good players when you get relegated means that you only ever aspire to be a 'selling club'? As far as I'm aware, before that, we only sold players that wanted to leave. Do you think that selling players that want to leave makes you a 'selling club', do you think the reasons for them wanting to leave were because we were a 'selling club'? If not, then do you not acknowledge that players were sold because they wanted to be sold because of circumstances at the time?

You'll ignore this.

I won't ignore it, because they didn't like that the gravy train had left central station? Because we got relegated? Selling/releasing players in relegation of course doesn't set the tone for future ambitions in the transfer market as you're well aware. I love that the Tiote signing completely goes against what you're saying but you maintain your opinion with a passive 'time will tell' comment. Like the stubborn thick cunt that you are.

Hamann left because he fell out with the manager, as Shearer and Rob Lee would also have done if Gullit had stayed. Woodgate left for Real Madrid, the same as Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy, Owen etc go to Real Madrid. Are you comparing Real Madrid to Wigan and Villa :icon_lol: Jenas was well documented to have personal problems and wanted to live in London, or leave Tyneside. Sometimes I wonder what planet you live on, when you don't see the huge number of top players who were committed to this club for years while the old regime ran the club in the way it should be ran. Picking out 3 good players in 15 years isn't so bad a ratio :icon_lol:

Tiote ? Good player. You tend to find that when you hunt for these bargains. One in about 6 turns out to be the bargain, but he moves on to a genuinely top club, like Villa or Wigan, when he susses NUFC out.

What position do you think we will finish under your men Ashley and Llambiarse after such a successful summer transfer window ? And what progress do you think they will make this coming January or again in the summer ?

Could you not just leave it, eh lads?

I will now. he answered, so I've replied, but I'm tired of this. He'll have his tail between his legs in 18 months time or whatever.

Do you think that selling good players when you get relegated means that you only ever aspire to be a 'selling club'? As far as I'm aware, before that, we only sold players that wanted to leave. Do you think that selling players that want to leave makes you a 'selling club', do you think the reasons for them wanting to leave were because we were a 'selling club'? If not, then do you not acknowledge that players were sold because they wanted to be sold because of circumstances at the time?

You'll ignore this.

:angry:

Hamann left because he fell out with the manager, as Shearer and Rob Lee would also have done if Gullit had stayed. Woodgate left for Real Madrid, the same as Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy, Owen etc go to Real Madrid. Are you comparing Real Madrid to Wigan and Villa :icon_lol: Jenas was well documented to have personal problems and wanted to live in London, or leave Tyneside. Sometimes I wonder what planet you live on, when you don't see the huge number of top players who were committed to this club for years while the old regime ran the club in the way it should be ran. Picking out 3 good players in 15 years isn't so bad a ratio :icon_lol:

Tiote ? Good player. You tend to find that when you hunt for these bargains. One in about 6 turns out to be the bargain, but he moves on to a genuinely top club, like Villa or Wigan, when he susses NUFC out.

What position do you think we will finish under your men Ashley and Llambiarse after such a successful summer transfer window ? And what progress do you think they will make this coming January or again in the summer ?

Domestic title winner and world cup player :icon_lol: Aye, slipped right under the radar of all of these other clubs scouts that are paid thousands per week I'm sure :lol: Daft cunt.

the huge number of top players who were committed to this club for years while the old regime ran the club in the way it should be ran

The fact that they were being paid 1000000000000 per week to the detriment of the clubs finances was absolutely nothing to do with it then?? :lol:

You'll ignore this.

:angry:

omg. Why did they want to leave ?

We were relegated BECAUSE they left. Tool.

:lol: