Dan Gosling

Drifter

I heard he was due back early Jan. It really depends on his fitness and the first team injuries/suspensions as to when we'll see him.

No idea where the 15k offer is coming from, as Everton never made him a contract offer because of his injury, so he exploited a loop hole to leave on a free. Everton said several times they were miffed at him leaving for free.

excited about seeing him play. Hope he's got a good cross, so can throw him on the right and play Barton in the middle. Could then play Nolan up front then

Are you on glue?

Nah mate, am just fcking nuts!

I'm looking forward to seeing this kid play for us. I don't think signing this kind of player in the way we did shows a lack of ambition. If he turns out to be as good as some say he is it could be a shrewd move. Problem is this kind of buy need to be complimented by more established players coming in too, and we're still well short on that front

Edited by Dr Gloom

Have to say LM while I often can take on board your point, at the moment you are using the same stick to beat any comment possible. surely its worn down by down? Can't you see that potentially taking advantage of the Gosling situation was a good bit of business?

I dislike Fat Mike as much as the next bloke, but that doesnt mean I have to dismiss any and every action taken by the club/staff while in his tenure?

Alright Mohammed Do-Gooder Guardian reading liberal

:jesuswept:

• 1 month later...
Bad news on the Gosling front.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6680834,00.html

Pardew is also likely to be without striker Andy Carroll for another two or three weeks while Dan Gosling has suffered a setback in his recovery from a serious knee injury.

Gosling is showing the makings of a perma crock.

Can't believe Skysports.com used that image for the above article, by the way.

What were they thinking?

Alan-Smith-Newcastle-United-Premier-League-PA_2488850.jpg

Maybe it's someone spitting at him.

edit: Stevie? Happy Face?

Edited by Barney

Not totally doubting the story, but its suprising that none of the local Journos are running / tweeting the Gosling news. Thinking of the Birds, Caulkins etc who are usually pretty shit hot.

Sad news if true though.

Confirmed By Lee Ryder.

Gosling withdrawn from squad for Spurs as a precaution, a bit of swelling

• 2 months later...