Surfin Bird to beat X-Factor to Xmas No 1

TheMoog

There's a million and one Christmas #1 campaigns after last year, so they'll obviously all cancel each other out and the X Factor winner will storm it. That said, if any of them has to be successful, I hope it's this one. :suicide:

I really could not care less what is number 1 in the manufactured pop charts come Christmas time.

Supporting some zany campaign that wants to piggyback on the success of the RATM original last year would be a waste of time in my eyes.

I imagine half the people supporting these campaigns actually watch the X Factor - even if just for the entertainment factor as opposed to actually liking the music.

I don't know who these X Factor cretins are, I don't care how well they do or don't do - it won't change the shambolic state of popular British music and it won't affect the artists I support and admire. To each their own though.

it won't change the shambolic state of popular British music and it won't affect the artists I support and admire.

Funny reading John Peel saying the same thing 40 years ago in the Olivetti chronicles. Lamenting the fact that the charts are full of Carpenters, Osmonds, Suzy Quatro etc. while The Pink Floyd and Captain Beefheart barely reach the top 40.

Funny how middle aged men get angry about young girls buying more singles than they do.