anti-matter

tooner

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: .....considering it may well prove to be the early days of a unifying theory in physics, yeah its pretty fascinating

for once, skidders has a point. You haven't called anybody a boring cunt lately have you ?

:lol: .....considering it may well prove to be the early days of a unifying theory in physics, yeah its pretty fascinating

for once, skidders has a point. You haven't called anybody a boring cunt lately have you ?

LM in "i don't understand , so i will make disparaging remarks" shocker!!

while I can understand that you may genuinely not be interested in the topic, the fact that anti-matter (or rather the storage and stockpiling of anti-matter) has only been theoretical until now, makes this one of the most significant scientific milestones of the last 100 years

while I can understand that you may genuinely not be interested in the topic, the fact that anti-matter (or rather the storage and stockpiling of anti-matter) has only been theoretical until now, makes this one of the most significant scientific milestones of the last 100 years

Aye ok. So apart from 'understanding', what actual everyday use is this going to achieve?

Aye ok. So apart from 'understanding', what actual everyday use is this going to achieve?

:lol: ...you want your tea served in a cup made from anti-matter?

Good question really from any layman.

I read both links and kept thinking........And. I even started to reply twice and thought, fuck it. But as its got going, what is the point and is this research and experiments being carried out with a view to something at the end of it.

Not dissing your interest in this btw.

For fuck's sake.

So according to the brain donors in this thread, what's the point in researching anything? Why learn anything new about how the universe works. The close-mindedness and ignorance is incredible, if something doesn't have an immediate real world application then it's worthless? Maybe we should go back and tell anyone involved in scientific research, ever, that they're wasting their time.

If you're too dumb to comprehend the articles move on.

For fuck's sake.

So according to the brain donors in this thread, what's the point in researching anything? Why learn anything new about how the universe works. The close-mindedness and ignorance is incredible, if something doesn't have an immediate real world application then it's worthless? Maybe we should go back and tell anyone involved in scientific research, ever, that they're wasting their time.

It doesn't have a long term real world application either, unless you can tell me what it is. Aside from whether or not it's worthless, it's certainly incredibly boring.

I read both links and kept thinking........And. I even started to reply twice and thought, fuck it. But as its got going, what is the point and is this research and experiments being carried out with a view to something at the end of it.

fair enough, but how are we to have practical plans for something we've only just now proven exists?

i think this is similar:

to science debunking the myth that the earth is the center of the universe.

or to newton's laws.

or to the theory of relativity.

It's interesting because its pushing the envelope of how we perceive the universe, and eventually will lead to more mundane everyday applications of this greater (hopefully) understanding.

Edited by tooner

For fuck's sake.

:lol:

If your too dumb to explain the articles, move along. :lol:

For fuck's sake.

:lol:

If your too dumb to explain the articles, move along. :lol:

My point proven.

What was the point of discovering electricity? Or DNA? Or bothering with mathematics? Its not like they ever led to anything useful is it? :lol:

No you're mistaken mate, you've listed useful research and discoveries to justify researching something pointless. Any idea what use antimatter will ever be?

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

Point proven. Bore off.

:lol: ...... :lol: you're probably right, why would we want to understand how the universe works?

That's what I asked!

:lol: ...i find it "shocking" that you are that thick.

fair enough, but how are we to have practical plans for something we've only just now proven exists?

i think this is similar:

or newton's laws.

or the theory of relativity.

It's interesting because its pushing the envelope of how we perceive the universe, and eventually will lead to more mundane everyday applications of this greater (hopefully) understanding.

Shows how knowledgeable you aren't tbh

i think this is similar:

or newton's laws.

or the theory of relativity.

Thats the bit Im missing tbf.

I gather from the article that anti matter used to exist before the big bang and that after the big bang it dissappeared, I just wasnt sure why they were trying to re-create it and what was driving the experiment?

IE Was this leading to some great development or breakthrough.

Straight forward enough questions I would have thought for a topic of this nature on a football forum.

The centre of the universe example makes sense btw.