Taylor new deal.

Park Life

This season and last we have seen just why we paid 10mil for coloccini. He is top class. Imagine if we had someone like Hangeland alongside him instead of Williamson who im starting to get pissed off with. Taylor is decent but you'd think at his age he'd cut the shit out of his game?

Williamson is an average defender, but you can't underestimate how important his partnership with Coloccini is to the team.

That was Pardew's biggest mistake yesterday, unsettling the unit at the back.

Especially with Guthrie on the bench, there was no need. Not that i think Guthrie is any good out wide particularly, but it would have meant the back 4 left alone with Simpson on Arteta instead of Taylor running away from Arteta and Guthrie whatever people on here think of him, would have offered more going forward than the other two did yesterday.

This.

I think we can only hope that Pardew learns from this.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This season and last we have seen just why we paid 10mil for coloccini. He is top class. Imagine if we had someone like Hangeland alongside him instead of Williamson who im starting to get pissed off with. Taylor is decent but you'd think at his age he'd cut the shit out of his game?

Williamson is an average defender, but you can't underestimate how important his partnership with Coloccini is to the team.

Especially with Guthrie on the bench, there was no need. Not that i think Guthrie is any good out wide particularly, but it would have meant the back 4 left alone with Simpson on Arteta instead of Taylor running away from Arteta and Guthrie whatever people on here think of him, would have offered more going forward than the other two did yesterday.

This.

I think we can only hope that Pardew learns from this.

This.

Taylor was fucking abysmal and you can't blame just coming back for some of the things he did. Williamson was probably as bad like.

Was Guthrie on the bench? I thought he'd gone on loan to Forest.

I like Williamson, I think he's a decent meat & drink centre-half, who compliments Collo well.

I like Williamson, I think he's a decent meat & drink centre-half, who compliments Collo well.

Aye thats what i reckon, just goes in, gets the job done, theres no hassle about him, i thought he'd struggle but he's been top notch

I liked him when he first came but the more I see of him the more I think he's a tart tbh. Not good enough IMO.

Aye thats what i reckon, just goes in, gets the job done, theres no hassle about him, i thought he'd struggle but he's been top notch

Definitely suited to having Colo as his partner, with him i think Williamson does a steady job, and considering its his first season in the prem and he's pretty young for a centreback, i'm happy enough with his season so far.

I liked him when he first came but the more I see of him the more I think he's a tart tbh. Not good enough IMO.

Correct.

Looked good in the CC but in the premiership his lack of positional awareness gets him caught out time and time again. Ppeople still think he is decent because he puts a few good blocks in.

Blocks that he wouldnt have to do if he was more aware positionally.

I'd love for us to finish above Bolton and we go get Cahill.

You live in a fantasy world like kidda.

Seriously fuck off you patronising wank.

I never said we would or could just that id love to.

No offence, but how many posts have you made over the last few days describing what players you think we should buy in the summer? Have you not noticed who the chairman is?

If dems the rules were using, I'd love us to go out there and buy Messi.

The backing off once we're in the shit is bad enough, but the worst part of his game is getting us in the shit in the first place with his complete abandonment of defensive/positional duties. So much so that 20 minutes in half the people around me were still arguing with me insisting that we were playing wing backs and Taylor was in the middle. They wouldn't believe me when i assured them he was supposed to be our right back cover, because he'd been in that position so infrequently.

There were a number of new faces as Newcastle trained at their Benton HQ on Wednesday morning. Micky Holland, Tom Coffield, Richard Hines, Paul Catterson, Neil Stoker, Kerry Morrow and Carl Nelson were among the unfamiliar names limbering up with the lads - but before the rumours start, they aren't a host of new signings.

Some of the training ground staff, from masseurs to video analysts to administrators, were invited to join in with the session as a small-sided tournament was held to keep the team match-fit with no game this weekend. Each team was made up of a combination of staff and players, with the likes of Alan Pardew, Peter Beardsley and Andy Woodman also taking part.

And fittingly, it was physio Derek Wright - with United for more than 25 years - who popped up with the winning goal after losing his markers Steven Taylor and Shola Ameobi and powering a flying half-volley past Ole Soderberg.

:D