Taylor new deal.

Park Life

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard to judge as we don't know the figures that are being talked about, but Im not talking about breaking the bank to keep him, he's not good enough to hold the club to ransom.

The problem we have at the minute is we still have some players on silly contracts ie Smith, Colo, Barton, Jonas etc. all on £60k+pw

That makes it a lot harder to then try and negotiate existing contracts for £20kpw

Perhaps the mighty Elmander scoring a hattrick against him is a better example. Take a look at these 2 for further proof

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/...ckburn-7511892/

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/...castle-7610748/

Williamson and Tiote had a much worse game against Blackburn and you can't cite the Bolton game as Tiote and Barton were missing, which meant the whole team played shite.

I think we differ on what makes a good defensive partnership. Taylor and Williamson are too similar in attributes, they are both no nonsense defenders that put their foot through the ball. You can't play two of these as you end up giving the ball away to cheaply. You have to have someone who is comfortable on the ball and can pick out a pass, like Jose and Colo.

This is why I think Sol and Taylor aren't working well. Several times Sol has been playing the ball out from the back, which is clearly something he's not used too. Pair him up the Colo and you'll see a different Campbell. Moreover, Taylor has threw himself at the ball twice and scored two own goals, if his reading of the game was better or he'd played more games with Sol he'd know to get closer - on both goals he was a meter too far away, defenders are taught to stay really close working in pairs to block passes and force mistakes.

Its hard to judge as we don't know the figures that are being talked about, but Im not talking about breaking the bank to keep him, he's not good enough to hold the club to ransom.

The problem we have at the minute is we still have some players on silly contracts ie Smith, Colo, Barton, Jonas etc. all on £60k+pw

That makes it a lot harder to then try and negotiate existing contracts for £20kpw

He's been offerred 45k he's on 35k. ;)

Think you might be getting a little carried away with cost cutting. None of them are on over 60k and Barton, Jonas and Colo are worth it. As far as negotiating goes, if any of the players get to their level then they should expect similar wages - i.e. Jose, Arfa, Tiote, Carrol (in a few years time).

Taylor is widely believed to have been offered 40k and in my opinion he's not worth 20k. I said earlier in the thread, get rid of him and bring in Wheater who also has his contact up in the summer.

I'm not sure if you were suggestion we shouldn't have players on 60k or our players aren't worth 60k, but 60k is what a top premiership player will expect too earn. If you have 15 players on 60k that's a wage bill of 46.8m. With our turnover that's fine. I'm not advocating having 15 players on 60k, but it show we have room to give pay rises to keep the better players.

i think generally we have looked most solid when collocini and williamson have been at the back. the poor recent run of results coincided with campbell and taylor at the back - coincidence?

Every player has a bad game once in a while, clearly it's more evident for defenders but that doesn't make them shit. Colo had a nightmare against Bolton but before then the vast majority were praising him for how much he'd improved over the last couple of years, and rightly so. You don't suddenly become shit on the back of one performance.

i think generally we have looked most solid when collocini and williamson have been at the back. the poor recent run of results coincided with campbell and taylor at the back - coincidence?

Not really. They didn't play yesterday. Barton has been the key, he covers Nolan which allows him to get forward, oh and he can cross.

Think you might be getting a little carried away with cost cutting. None of them are on over 60k and Barton, Jonas and Colo are worth it. As far as negotiating goes, if any of the players get to their level then they should expect similar wages - i.e. Jose, Arfa, Tiote, Carrol (in a few years time).

Taylor is widely believed to have been offered 40k and in my opinion he's not worth 20k. I said earlier in the thread, get rid of him and bring in Wheater who also has his contact up in the summer.

I'm not sure if you were suggestion we shouldn't have players on 60k or our players aren't worth 60k, but 60k is what a top premiership player will expect too earn. If you have 15 players on 60k that's a wage bill of 46.8m. With our turnover that's fine. I'm not advocating having 15 players on 60k, but it show we have room to give pay rises to keep the better players.

He's hardly been pulling up trees at Boro this season has he

Whereas Taylor?

It didn't, they first played together in the 1-1 with Chelsea.

Whereas Taylor?

What do you want him to do when he's injured?

It didn't, they first played together in the 1-1 with Chelsea.

And the 3-1 yesterday . . . and they have only played 3 games together.

Whereas Colo and Williamsons last 3 games were a draw against Fulham and Losses against Blackburn and Bolton.

Worst coincidence ever tbh ;)

Oh yeah. Well they didn't look too hot against west brom. I thought Campbell was poor again yesterday too

too right, Campbell has looked poor in every game he’s played in. It’s difficult judging Taylor playing alongside Campbell.

Campbell looks like he needs a long run in the team to get his form — I hope he isn’t given a chance to do that.

Whereas Taylor?

What do you want him to do when he's injured?

Not expect a pay rise...!!!

everyone knows how much Ashley hates Freddy Shepherd, with Taylor having Kenny Shepherd as his agent it puts him in a dangerous situation — it could backfire on Taylor in the crossfire.

His agent is Paul Stretford.

He's been offerred 45k he's on 35k. ;)

That's quite a range, etc.

everyone knows how much Ashley hates Freddy Shepherd, with Taylor having Kenny Shepherd as his agent it puts him in a dangerous situation — it could backfire on Taylor in the crossfire.

His agent is Paul Stretford.

Doesn't Shepherd work for Stretford?