Relegation ?

LeazesMag

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Alan Smith and his speculative overhead kicks will save us.

Don't mate, just don't ;) He was a flying cripple with epilepsy for that attempted effort yesterday. People were actually laughing at him.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Smith and his speculative overhead kicks will save us.

Don't mate, just don't ;) He was a flying cripple with epilepsy for that attempted effort yesterday. People were actually laughing at him.

:icon_lol:

Was brilliant man, haven't scored for so many years, "ay up, lets try this over'ead kick".

As unlikely a scenario as it is, if results go against us we could be going into the Makem game 2nd bottom. Regardless of that though we need to be going there on the back of two wins because they will clearly be up for revenge.

Fucking Hell pud, we could also go into that game looking at a European spot!

honestly, the negativity here is fucking absurd sometimes.

Yay! lets all pretend to ourselves that we have a hope in hell of getting into Europe that way when we're relegated we can all feign surprise and look bewildered for the Sky cameras.

We're a lot closer to Nottingham Forest than we are to Napoli, much better chance of playing Leicester than Leverkusen next season.

I'm not saying we're going to get into Europe, I'm saying that you're pretty much guaranteeing relegation because of a Loss EVERYONE expected. And you're right, it is more likely we'll be relegated than get into Europe, however I don't think the likelihood of relegation is as you make out.

You're implying that we're utterly fucked, despite being midtable half way through the season and despite playing some decent football at times and despite having the likes of Ben Arfa to return.

My point is that you're very much a glass empty and shattered on the bridge of your nose kind of guy, not that we should convince ourselves we're Italy bound. Look at my sig man, it mocks the very notion we'll be there.

I sort of hope we are struggling a bit just in case Ashley actually is thinking about selling Carroll and/or Enrique in January. It's sad that the obese cunt makes you think that way though.

As unlikely a scenario as it is, if results go against us we could be going into the Makem game 2nd bottom. Regardless of that though we need to be going there on the back of two wins because they will clearly be up for revenge.

Fucking Hell pud, we could also go into that game looking at a European spot!

honestly, the negativity here is fucking absurd sometimes.

Yay! lets all pretend to ourselves that we have a hope in hell of getting into Europe that way when we're relegated we can all feign surprise and look bewildered for the Sky cameras.

We're a lot closer to Nottingham Forest than we are to Napoli, much better chance of playing Leicester than Leverkusen next season.

I'm not saying we're going to get into Europe, I'm saying that you're pretty much guaranteeing relegation because of a Loss EVERYONE expected. And you're right, it is more likely we'll be relegated than get into Europe, however I don't think the likelihood of relegation is as you make out.

You're implying that we're utterly fucked, despite being midtable half way through the season and despite playing some decent football at times and despite having the likes of Ben Arfa to return.

My point is that you're very much a glass empty and shattered on the bridge of your nose kind of guy, not that we should convince ourselves we're Italy bound. Look at my sig man, it mocks the very notion we'll be there.

the entire structure and setup of the club is that of a team happy to survive in the premiership, or be nothing other than a yo-yo club and hang onto as much of the inherited fanbase as possible

It's nothing to do with having a glass half empty or half full, it's realistic, true, and anybody who can't see that is a blind idiot to be honest.

I sort of hope we are struggling a bit just in case Ashley actually is thinking about selling Carroll and/or Enrique in January. It's sad that the obese cunt makes you think that way though.

This is one of my worries though.

I see Ashley and Lambsarse as thinking the totally opposite of any other sane owner/chairman. A sensible owner would hang onto his best players if the teams looking like potential drop candidates to give him the best chance of survival. I worry that Ashley will see resale values as the factor.

Stay in Premiership and we can afford to hold onto the likes of Carroll, Enrique etc or if we decide to sell then we can command a premium figure. Drop however and the players want to go and other clubs know you cant afford to hang on therefore drive harder bargains.

Carroll for £20m in January or £10m in June when were a Championship club oooooh its a gamble.....

One of the few gambles I worry that Ashley isnt willing to take.

This is one of my worries though.

I see Ashley and Lambsarse as thinking the totally opposite of any other sane owner/chairman. A sensible owner would hang onto his best players if the teams looking like potential drop candidates to give him the best chance of survival. I worry that Ashley will see resale values as the factor.

Stay in Premiership and we can afford to hold onto the likes of Carroll, Enrique etc or if we decide to sell then we can command a premium figure. Drop however and the players want to go and other clubs know you cant afford to hang on therefore drive harder bargains.

Carroll for £20m in January or £10m in June when were a Championship club oooooh its a gamble.....

One of the few gambles I worry that Ashley isnt willing to take.

At the same time, I could imagine the club leaking reports they might be away, in order for the fans to be satisfied with not spending any money in January because we've 'fought hard and managed to hold onto our best assets'. It's strange how I would consider that to be a positive thing, relatively speaking of course. Difficult to second guess Ashley's thinking like.

Irrespective of that Leazes, Fish makes a fair point.

I've never met PP, I've seen him, but never spoke to him, so I don't know if he is a generally negative or positive outlook sort of person. Same as Fish. I'm only going by what they are saying. I think the current setup of the club is as obvious as it can be, and I would love to be positive. A few years ago, I was only one of a small number of people who actually was, remember ? [Don't derail the thread I'm just making the point that I think the club is fucked under the current owner].

The one positive comment I can make is Happy New Year ;)

I've never met PP, I've seen him, but never spoke to him, so I don't know if he is a generally negative or positive outlook sort of person. Same as Fish. I'm only going by what they are saying. I think the current setup of the club is as obvious as it can be, and I would love to be positive. A few years ago, I was only one of a small number of people who actually was, remember ? [Don't derail the thread I'm just making the point that I think the club is fucked under the current owner].

You miss his point though, he isn't saying everything's rosy in the garden, he's just saying one bad but totally expected result isn't a reason to push the panic button.

Fish does make a fair and good point, the third this year, but so does Leazes.

the entire structure and setup of the club is that of a team happy to survive in the premiership, or be nothing other than a yo-yo club and hang onto as much of the inherited fanbase as possible

Can't argue with anything there.

The thing with toon fans is, and I'm definitely not saying you Alex here, but some, they're fickle and not always in the negative sense. One good result and a lot of sins are very quickly forgotten. I get the impression a lot of people and this is how stupid some toon fans are, seem to think Pardew was the new messiah after the Liverpool game. The fact is the club is fucked up, and we are in relegation trouble. I'd be more confident if we had a good record against the shit teams, than against the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and the dippers.

I firmly believe we'd have had a much better chance of beating the drop with Hughton and the stability we had than this situation we're in at the moment. He's such a thick bastard. We go to Wigan on Sunday, say we lose that, and looking at history at the JJB we probably fuckin will, then say we draw with West Ham. That would be us on 23 points from 21 games aye? Now looking at the next games after that - the mackems away who need no motivation to beat us let alone a 5-1 drubbing fresh in the memory, Tottenham home - they're far better than us, Fulham away 6 pointer, Arsenal home they're more than capable of taking us to the cleaners, then Birmingham away who were unbeaten at home for 12 month. Now of those next five, it's possible we could get two or three points at best. We'd be underdogs in every single one of them games. Say we got 2 points from them 5, that would be us on 25 points from 26 games, desperate for 5 wins from the last 12 to stop up. What would Ashley do then with Pardew amassing 6 points from his first 10 games in charge???

He's a fat horrible bastard who has put us in a situation of looking over our shoulders again with rash decisions, anyone who supports Mike Ashley is a cock of epic proportions.

We'll thrash, yes god damn it, thrash Wigan and West Ham, have a very good January window, give the Mackems a very good rodgering and then all the negs can hybernate til May when they start again with the scaremongering baseless rhetoric.

Shush, adults are talking.

We'll thrash, yes god damn it, thrash Wigan and West Ham, have a very good January window, give the Mackems a very good rodgering and then all the negs can hybernate til May when they start again with the scaremongering baseless rhetoric.

is that your new prediction ;)

KING MIKE

You miss his point though, he isn't saying everything's rosy in the garden, he's just saying one bad but totally expected result isn't a reason to push the panic button.

no, it doesn't. And the unexpected win against Arsenal and thrashing of the mackems weren't reasons for a fanfare and a bright new future either.

Still a much better club than at the end os Shpeherds time and for that matter a lot better than it was for most of the 70's and 80's

The thing with toon fans is, and I'm definitely not saying you Alex here, but some, they're fickle and not always in the negative sense. One good result and a lot of sins are very quickly forgotten. I get the impression a lot of people and this is how stupid some toon fans are, seem to think Pardew was the new messiah after the Liverpool game. The fact is the club is fucked up, and we are in relegation trouble. I'd be more confident if we had a good record against the shit teams, than against the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and the dippers.

I firmly believe we'd have had a much better chance of beating the drop with Hughton and the stability we had than this situation we're in at the moment. He's such a thick bastard. We go to Wigan on Sunday, say we lose that, and looking at history at the JJB we probably fuckin will, then say we draw with West Ham. That would be us on 23 points from 21 games aye? Now looking at the next games after that - the mackems away who need no motivation to beat us let alone a 5-1 drubbing fresh in the memory, Tottenham home - they're far better than us, Fulham away 6 pointer, Arsenal home they're more than capable of taking us to the cleaners, then Birmingham away who were unbeaten at home for 12 month. Now of those next five, it's possible we could get two or three points at best. We'd be underdogs in every single one of them games. Say we got 2 points from them 5, that would be us on 25 points from 26 games, desperate for 5 wins from the last 12 to stop up. What would Ashley do then with Pardew amassing 6 points from his first 10 games in charge???

He's a fat horrible bastard who has put us in a situation of looking over our shoulders again with rash decisions, anyone who supports Mike Ashley is a cock of epic proportions.

I agree with Leazes. Fish probably does too.

When asked at the start of the season what you wanted from it, what were your answers? Mine was plain and simple 'to avoid relegation'. Surely, we are whereabouts we assumed we would be at this stage of the season.

Fair enough, we've had some great results and some not so great results but we're still in with a fighting chance. The league table is a bastard this season because it's so tight one win and we're talking about Europe and a couple of defeats on the spin and it's 'We're getting relegated'.

Personally, I'm more confident in the characters we have in the squad now to keep us up compared to the bunch who took us down 08/09.

The panic button is a long long way off for me.

how the team responds now is vital, as you say, our record at Wigan is atrocious, then home to West Ham. 2 poor results ie a draw and a defeat for instance, and the trapdoor will be opening amongst a squad of players realising they have a fight on their hands and looking at each other wondering among them who is up for it, no doubt about it.

It's very tight. Sadly I do think that come the last few games, we will be needing points to stay up and in that situation anything can happen.

When asked at the start of the season what you wanted from it, what were your answers? Mine was plain and simple 'to avoid relegation'. Surely, we are whereabouts we assumed we would be at this stage of the season.

Fair enough, we've had some great results and some not so great results but we're still in with a fighting chance. The league table is a bastard this season because it's so tight one win and we're talking about Europe and a couple of defeats on the spin and it's 'We're getting relegated'.

Personally, I'm more confident in the characters we have in the squad now to keep us up compared to the bunch who took us down 08/09.

The panic button is a long long way off for me.

I said 17th would do, and even up to the dippers game Hughton was far exceeding expectations in terms of the majority of results and some really excellent performances, only to have it thrown back in his face for someone with "more experience". More experience of humping his players lasses aye. I'm not pressing the panic button mate, but I can see it flashing 4 feet away, the lad from Newcastle Online "Dave", put those tables up of 08/09 and this season here:

...and it's easy to see why we shouldn't be complacent. For what it's worth I've thoroughly enjoyed this season. In a perverse way I've enjoyed it more than any season since 2003, I genuinely mean that. You go the match not knowing what the fuck is going to happen, it felt like we've had a chance against everyone and the atmosphere has generally been quite good in a lot of games, certainly better in the Prem than any time since SBR imo, but I will not rest till that fattest of cunts has gone from my club. He is a stain on our city, an embarrassment to the history and fabric of Newcastle United. He is common as fuck, and an arsehole.

I've enjoyed this season so far, aswell. Fair enough we've been beaten off Spurs and Man City but I rest happy in the knowledge that we're Newcastle and they're nobodys. Look at City on that table 2 seasons ago. 18th. I'm a happy man aslong as I see a squad fighting for our club and putting in the effort. That's one thing nobody can doubt from this current squad. Not confusing effort with talent, btw.

I'm comfortable where we're standing at the moment and whilst some shit themselves with worry you only have to look at the table to realise that every teams fans from Blackburn down will be thinking the same. What will be will be, I'm confident we'll perform well in the second half of the season and be safe by end of April.

Here's to a happy and successful few months. Or maybe I'm over optimistic.

;)

...sense...

;)

I'm definitely not planning next years trips around Europe (or even the Premiership tbh) but I look at our team and think that we'll do as well in the second half of the season as we've done in the first, which will leave us just south of midtable.

Now, if we were to survive this year I wouldn't be satisfied with simply surviving the following season, I'd want us to press on and break into the top half of the table. As Leazes says, we shouldn't be satisfied with being in the Premiership and I think that ambition is misunderstood by the press as risible expectation. We don't think we've a divine right to be challenging for the title, but as fans we believe it is not without the reach of our club to achieve it. We're not a Wigan who're (for their size and location) punching above their weight, year after year. We're a club with vast potential and with the right management (from boardroom to basement) we could very well establish a workable model to effectively challenge the status quo. It won't come over night and I doubt it'll happen at all. But it could.

When Sir Bobby Robson inherited a broken dressing room with egos and crocks and zero confidence, he not only had us genuinely challenging for the title (Fergie stated if Bellamy had stayed fit we, rather than Arsenal, would have won the league), he was playing good football, he was happily bringing through young players, sending scouts out here there and everywhere and he turned this club around in less than 5 years.

Now, unfortunately, men like Robson are more rare than rocking horse shit, but the point is that it's possible. It is possible to return to brighter days. Not with Alan Pardew, and not under this owner.

Bit of a ramble, sorry.

...sense...

;)

I'm definitely not planning next years trips around Europe (or even the Premiership tbh) but I look at our team and think that we'll do as well in the second half of the season as we've done in the first, which will leave us just south of midtable.

Now, if we were to survive this year I wouldn't be satisfied with simply surviving the following season, I'd want us to press on and break into the top half of the table. As Leazes says, we shouldn't be satisfied with being in the Premiership and I think that ambition is misunderstood by the press as risible expectation. We don't think we've a divine right to be challenging for the title, but as fans we believe it is not without the reach of our club to achieve it. We're not a Wigan who're (for their size and location) punching above their weight, year after year. We're a club with vast potential and with the right management (from boardroom to basement) we could very well establish a workable model to effectively challenge the status quo. It won't come over night and I doubt it'll happen at all. But it could.

When Sir Bobby Robson inherited a broken dressing room with egos and crocks and zero confidence, he not only had us genuinely challenging for the title (Fergie stated if Bellamy had stayed fit we, rather than Arsenal, would have won the league), he was playing good football, he was happily bringing through young players, sending scouts out here there and everywhere and he turned this club around in less than 5 years.

Now, unfortunately, men like Robson are more rare than rocking horse shit, but the point is that it's possible. It is possible to return to brighter days. Not with Alan Pardew, and not under this owner.

Bit of a ramble, sorry.

I can't remember that like but good knowledge if true, we'd certainly have made the UEFA Cup Final the year after though if him and Woody were fit, not to mention CL qualification again.

Don't apologise today is a day for hungover ramblings, mine is getting nee better by the way.