Liverpool

Ayatollah Hermione

To be fair I don't think anyone would slag Liverpool off if they were as humble as what Idioteque has been so far. TOUGH Guy Mick is completely typical of the majority of their mouthy twats and gets people on the offensive straight away.

You'll get offensive if wankers took the piss out your city? Don't get me wrong every city in the UK has got its problems so dont have a go at Liverpool have a go at the MPs for fuck sake. Sterotyping happens to much on this site. If you cant beat them join them on this site thats the way it goes. By the way Liverpool has history a thing that seems to piss a hard hit jobless north east.

Yeah..human slavery and poverty stricken Irish immigrant ghettoes...nice :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more familiar with the other side of the river where I have family, but I was down for the away game at Everton earlier in the season and went into Liverpool for the first time in years (apart from going to Goodison/Anfield and straight out again).

I have to say it's improved a lot, and I enjoyed it.

I would say Matthew Street is worth going to, even if it is a massive Beatles tourist trap. They had a live band on at The Cavern when I went that were really good, doing all sorts of stuff and there was a good atmosphere. I went in a few other places around and they were just ordinary places, nothing special about them though other than they either had Beatles related names or were full of Beatles memorabilia.

They have a Head of Steam pub right next door to Lime Street station which wasn't open when we wanted a pre match pint upon arrival at Lime Street shortly after midday. We got in after the match and it's pretty much like the Head of Steam pubs here - so it's decent. Everyone was kicked out shortly after six though as they were closing! But I think that may have been a one off.

Across the road and down a bit from Lime Street there's a place called Doctor Duncans which we tried and it's a nice traditional pub.

The Philharmonic pub west of Lime Street is worth a look as well, especially for the architecture of the pub.

Speaking of Architecture, Liverpool has it's highlights.

Down by the river of course there's the 'three graces' - the Liver Building, the Cunard building and the Port of Liverpool building (my Grandad's old workplace). And there's St George's Hall opposite Lime Street.

What you don't get though is the architecture in the ordinary streets. There's nothing wrong with many of Liverpool's streets. It's just that they're quite ordinary. You don't get anything that matches Grey Street, Grainger Street, or anything like the Central Arcade. Nor do you see large sections of 900 year old city walls or castles, nor do you see beautiful original Tudor houses such as Bessie Surtees or The Cooperage.

So anyway, Liverpool isn't as bad as some are making out (or the centre at least). It's decent enough and you'll enjoy it.

Main difference is that they've got a wider river and we've got some bridges.

I think the second Tyne tunnel is opening next year, isn't it? Ridiculous to use tunnels as some kind of landmark though

The kingsway tunnel is no landmark for Liverpool its just that Craig lad he said

we've got some bridges

Aye, because Newcastle is defined by its bridges.

Tbf there's been a lot of development in Liverpool recently, I hardly recognise some of it. Both cities have improved massively in the past two decades.

To tell you the truth I've never seen them shafts

And you come from Liverpool? :) They're not hard to fucking spot, one's in a picture you posted earlier man!

I'm more familiar with the other side of the river where I have family, but I was down for the away game at Everton earlier in the season and went into Liverpool for the first time in years (apart from going to Goodison/Anfield and straight out again).

I have to say it's improved a lot, and I enjoyed it.

I would say Matthew Street is worth going to, even if it is a massive Beatles tourist trap. They had a live band on at The Cavern when I went that were really good, doing all sorts of stuff and there was a good atmosphere. I went in a few other places around and they were just ordinary places, nothing special about them though other than they either had Beatles related names or were full of Beatles memorabilia.

They have a Head of Steam pub right next door to Lime Street station which wasn't open when we wanted a pre match pint upon arrival at Lime Street shortly after midday. We got in after the match and it's pretty much like the Head of Steam pubs here - so it's decent. Everyone was kicked out shortly after six though as they were closing! But I think that may have been a one off.

Across the road and down a bit from Lime Street there's a place called Doctor Duncans which we tried and it's a nice traditional pub.

The Philharmonic pub west of Lime Street is worth a look as well, especially for the architecture of the pub.

Speaking of Architecture, Liverpool has it's highlights.

Down by the river of course there's the 'three graces' - the Liver Building, the Cunard building and the Port of Liverpool building (my Grandad's old workplace). And there's St George's Hall opposite Lime Street.

What you don't get though is the architecture in the ordinary streets. There's nothing wrong with many of Liverpool's streets. It's just that they're quite ordinary. You don't get anything that matches Grey Street, Grainger Street, or anything like the Central Arcade. Nor do you see large sections of 900 year old city walls or castles, nor do you see beautiful original Tudor houses such as Bessie Surtees or The Cooperage.

So anyway, Liverpool isn't as bad as some are making out (or the centre at least). It's decent enough and you'll enjoy it.

GREAT POST

There are some great underground drinking places
To steer this back on track, any ones in particular you recommend?

I dont know any underground pubs/clubs in Liverpool and I'm from Liverpool ffs. I know a few clubs in Liverpool you walk downstairs to get in but thats the basement not underground. Not unless this dude is drinking tins of larger at Liverpools underground train stations.

Can't believe nobody picked up on this earlier.

This kid, he couldn't be a bigger moron if he tried. :)

A tunnel built below the mersey cost well more than all your bridges put together!!!!!!

Queensway Tunnel - £8m

Kingsway Tunnel £37m

Total £45m

Millenium Bridge - £22m

Tyne Bridge - £1.5m

Swing Bridge - £0.25m

High Level Bridge - £0.5m

Queen Elizabeth II Bridge - £5m

King Edward VII Bridge - £0.5m

Redheugh Bridge - £15.5m

Total - £45.25m

:)

Put is this way them fucking shafts no where near where I live/come from they must be on the dock road I dont really know that place very well

One's on the dock road near Costco. The other's at the Pier Head. :)

It's only 4 years since I first went to Liverpool and I know more about the fucking place and its history than you do!

One's on the dock road near Costco. The other's at the Pier Head.

It's only 4 years since I first went to Liverpool and I know more about the fucking place and its history than you do!

Soft shit I said one was on the dock road ffs. The other is further up the dock road ffs. I come from Walton and now live in Aintree so I dont use the dock road for fuck sake. People that use the dock road to get to town is people from Bootle,Crosby,Southport so I dont really use it. I'm sure me dad would know them places but I'm not fucking 40 odd okay mate!!!!!! I'm 21 not 40 ffs.

One's on the dock road near Costco. The other's at the Pier Head.

Soft shit I said one was on the dock road ffs. The other is further up the dock road ffs. I come from Walton and now live in Aintree so I dont use the dock road for fuck sake. People that use the dock road to get to town is people from Bootle,Crosby,Southport so I dont really use it. I'm sure me dad would know them places but I'm not fucking 40 odd okay mate!!!!!! I'm 21 not 40 ffs.

:icon_lol: The education system in this country is fucked :icon_lol:

Honestly? 21?!

:)

The education system in this country is fucked

It is for Newcastle Gazza and jimmy 5 bellies not to mention mis shag a black dude make me famous!!!!!! Ant and Dec the products of the Newcastle education system better than Gazza but not John Lennon hey lads?

he said this country, Liverpool and Newcastle are in this country

getwithit

The education system in this country is fucked

It is for Newcastle Gazza and jimmy 5 bellies not to mention mis shag a black dude make me famous!!!!!! Ant and Dec the products of the Newcastle education system better than Gazza but not John Lennon hey lads?

:) that you don't see the irony is further proof of your idiocy. Honestly you're the thickest mong that's been on this board. Literally eveery thread you've been in you'll trot out the same tired old line. It's getting to the point where I play thickguymick bingo.

"Ant n Dec" tick

"Black dude" tick

"Gazza"

HOUSE!

Joey Barton

Kevlin Nolan

Wayne Rooney

Steven Gerrard

Jamie Carragher

Jack Rodwell

Baxter (Everton cant remember his first name)

Colean Rooney

Donald McCain (3 times winner with red rum now his son training)

Above all, the modern day tax payers to keep a shit city like Newcastle alive. John Lennon does not deserve to be the above list, hes been feeding you geordies for years like many other scousers. Fucking jokes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pay some money Newcastle