Superhero gets broken nose fighting crime

A self-styled superhero who patrols the streets of Seattle has been injured while fighting crime.

Jones: 'I endanger my life with a reason and purpose.'

Phoenix Jones, who dons a mask and costumed body armour to thwart criminals and keep his US city safe, has suffered a broken nose while trying to break up a fight.

Speaking to a television station, Jones explained how after witnessing the scuffle he called police and put one of the men in a headlock.

The other man then pulled out a gun, forcing Jones to release the man he was holding. That man then kicked him in the face and broke his nose.

But Jones remains undeterred, saying his injury is part of a superhero's job. "I endanger my life with a reason and purpose," he said.

Jones has been dubbed a real-life Kick-Ass by some, with his life as a masked vigilante mirroring that of the hit 2010 movie.

His adventures on the streets of Seattle have seen him stop a car theft and gain international fame as a costumed crusader.

But Seattle Police have urged the wannabe superhero to hang up his tights before he gets seriously hurt.

Speaking of vigilantes like Jones, Detective Mark Jamieson said: "They insert themselves into a potentially volatile situation and they end up being victimised as well."

The detective urged people not to involve themselves in dangerous situations unnecessarily and said they should report any crimes to police.

If any geordies are thinking of doing the same heres a quote from Phoenix

(Taken from wikipedia)

Phoenix Jones says that he does not condone other people dressing up and fighting crime. And mentions that all his members of the Rain city superheros crime fighting movement all have military and/or Mixed Martial Arts back ground.

Phoenix jones

If any geordies are thinking of doing the same heres a quote from Phonenix

(Taken from wikipedia)

Phoenix Jones says that he does not condone other people dressing up and fighting crime. And mentions that all his members of the Rain city superheros crime fighting movement all have military and/or Mixed Martial Arts back ground.

Phoenix jones

Phonenix? How do you say that phonentically?

If any geordies are thinking of doing the same heres a quote from Phoenix

(Taken from wikipedia)

Phoenix jones

Nobody would be so daft to try it around here. Try and straighten people up and end up with a gang of 20+ charvas force feeding you buckets and calling you a daft cunt.

A self-styled superhero who patrols the streets of Seattle has been injured while fighting crime.

Jones: 'I endanger my life with a reason and purpose.'

Phoenix Jones, who dons a mask and costumed body armour to thwart criminals and keep his US city safe, has suffered a broken nose while trying to break up a fight.

Speaking to a television station, Jones explained how after witnessing the scuffle he called police and put one of the men in a headlock.

The other man then pulled out a gun, forcing Jones to release the man he was holding. That man then kicked him in the face and broke his nose.

But Jones remains undeterred, saying his injury is part of a superhero's job. "I endanger my life with a reason and purpose," he said.

Jones has been dubbed a real-life Kick-Ass by some, with his life as a masked vigilante mirroring that of the hit 2010 movie.

His adventures on the streets of Seattle have seen him stop a car theft and gain international fame as a costumed crusader.

But Seattle Police have urged the wannabe superhero to hang up his tights before he gets seriously hurt.

Speaking of vigilantes like Jones, Detective Mark Jamieson said: "They insert themselves into a potentially volatile situation and they end up being victimised as well."

The detective urged people not to involve themselves in dangerous situations unnecessarily and said they should report any crimes to police.

Anyone seen the film kickass? I think he got the idea from the film.

:lol: