The Pink

Anorthernsoul

Whatever happened to it?

Used to love it on Saturday after the match.

Died a death due to a lack of circulation. Basically because of less and less matches being 3 o'clock on a Saturday plus Sky (especially SSN) rendering it defunct.

Whatever happened to it?

Used to love it..... If we won.

Some older ones on here might remember the old radio shows that featured no commentary on the games.

Every now and then "Its a Gooooooooooooooooooool" would roar out and you had to wait a few seconds to see if they were going to the Newcastle game or the Sunderland game. Then you had to wait a few seconds more to see if it was for or against.

Used to sit in an old hay loft on the local farm listening to that and drinking Cresta. :lol:

Whatever happened to it?

Some older ones on here might remember the old radio shows that featured no commentary on the games.

Every now and then "Its a Gooooooooooooooooooool" would roar out and you had to wait a few seconds to see if they were going to the Newcastle game or the Sunderland game. Then you had to wait a few seconds more to see if it was for or against.

Used to sit in an old hay loft on the local farm listening to that and drinking Cresta. :lol:

:blush: Like GODS spunk that stuff. The drink of Kings. Wey, if you were a pauper anyway.

Whatever happened to it?

:blush: Aye.

The match reports were funny. Severals columns on the first half then the last half / third of the game condensed into about 3 lines to meet the publishing deadline.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Whatever happened to it?

I used to love it too, 530 at the paper shop happy days. The mackem version still exists I think. Used to love the free glossy posters, had the Gazza one on my wall for years even when he left for Spurs.

Was great for something to read on the long trip home after a match. Was gutted when it finished up...

It finished about 2001? Many years you been travelling down like?

Was great for something to read on the long trip home after a match. Was gutted when it finished up...

2005 after checking. Seems like it was longer though.

It does. I remember getting the last bus home after we beat Man Utd, and I had it in my hand, this old dear asked me the score and wouldn't believe me when I said we'd beaten them 4-3 mustve thought I was drunk, I remember having to show her the score in The Pink. I can't remember it after that.

It does. I remember getting the last bus home after we beat Man Utd, and I had it in my hand, this old dear asked me the score and wouldn't believe me when I said we'd beaten them 4-3 mustve thought I was drunk, I remember having to show her the score in The Pink. I can't remember it after that.

Think that shows how it had ceased to be relevant a canny while before it packed in.

Just reminded me about a bloke me Dad knew. He used to get the Pink and memorise the the quiz answers just in time for the quiz in the club on a Saturday tea-time. He got rumbled when he started giving the right answers to the wrong questions.

Fucking old grannies questioning your ITK. The very cheek of it. :lol:

Just reminded me about a bloke me Dad knew. He used to get the Pink and memorise the the quiz answers just in time for the quiz in the club on a Saturday tea-time. He got rumbled when he started giving the right answers to the wrong questions.

:lol:

The Pink and Chronicle sellers too, they had a way of shouting. You don't really hear it even for the Chron these days. It was like "Roooooooonulullllll" and for The Pink it was like "Wuuuuuuuuuugh".

The Pink and Chronicle sellers too, they had a way of shouting. You don't really hear it even for the Chron these days. It was like "Roooooooonulullllll" and for The Pink it was like "Wuuuuuuuuuugh".

:blush: Ruuuurnigurrrrrl! Used to always identify that with the Toon when I'd been away.

Convinced a mate the guy was looking for his friend Ronnie Gill and it was a bit of a tradition because they always met by the monument. She's not the brightest though; she was the one who genuinely believed that Koala bears came from Kuala Lumpur.

"Question 3 - Where was Newcastle's FA Cup semi final clash against Burnley played?"

"Barry Venison"

:blush: Ruuuurnigurrrrrl! Used to always identify that with the Toon when I'd been away.

:icon_lol: PMSL used to love hearing it, and aye Fish me dad used to tell me the bloke was looking for his mate Ronnie when I was a bairn, believed him for years :blush:

Edited by Barton7

Convinced a mate the guy was looking for his friend Ronnie Gill and it was a bit of a tradition because they always met by the monument. She's not the brightest though; she was the one who genuinely believed that Koala bears came from Kuala Lumpur.

Not bears TBH.