Dutty Custard

Dr Gloom

we're going to have to revert to playing 5-4-1 with nolan tucked in behind the frotn man.

anyone know how long shola's out for? i think he's the only striker on the books that can play that lone striker role right now.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry like but ranger was fucking awful tonight. Nee Carroll replacement there. Can't remember him winning anything in the air all night

I thought he won more than his fair share. I even said at one point Jonas cant speak jive as custard was winning a lot but couldn't direct them his way.

Ranger can easily be as good as Carroll. While he's not as good in the air, he's not far behind and is a lot faster. His cameo in the Liverpool was miles better than anything Carroll did in his first season.

I think most people write him off because of the two sitters he's missed. But goal will come as he gets them with easy in the reserves.

What a load of wank. Anything he did win in the air was knocked on to no one in particular.

The lad has a bit of pace and, from his record in the reserves, a striker's instinct, that's about it. He still lacks the intelligence and refined technical ability to score in the PL. I'm not writing him off but from the stories coming out recently about his attitude, he'll never make it unless he becomes more disciplined and realises that his natural talent simply isn't enough to cut it in the Premier League.

Edited by ewerk

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I'm so disillusioned with our strikers - I'd consider just playing Nolan up front till Shola's back.

I'd go (seriously)

Harper

Simpson, Campbell, Williamsons, Enrique

Ryan Taylor, Barton Guthrie (oh dear) Collocini Jonas

Nolan

Straight up.

Idiotic shifting Routledge too ffs.

I'm so disillusioned with our strikers - I'd consider just playing Nolan up front till Shola's back.

I'd go (seriously)

Harper

Nolan

Straight up.

r taylor injured i'm afraid. you'd have to throw perch into the mix :lol:

Barton on the right and Ireland in the middle (in a couple of weeks time).

In fact, fuck it, throw Ireland in now if it means not having to play Perch.

Edited by ewerk

I'd go (seriously)

Harper

Nolan

Straight up.

r taylor injured i'm afraid. you'd have to throw perch into the mix :lol:

Outside chance he's back for Arsenal.

I'm not sure what people were expecting. You can't hoy a young, inexperienced lad into a team having a bad game and expect him to excel. He was poor, but no worse than anyone else. I think I'll wait until the lad has been given a proper chance before I write him off.

Barton on the right and Ireland in the middle (in a couple of weeks time).

In fact, fuck it, throw Ireland in now if it means not having to play Perch.

In a couple of weeks time it will be better this time next month certainly. Ben Arfa, will be more or less ready, Gosling possible, Ireland definitely, just thinking about the next few weeks.

Thought ranger was shite, but he's a young lad and might come good. Best, for me was much worse, he's supposed to be the international player and apart from the one ball when Jonas stuck him in his movement was shocking.

Nolan has to go up front now, sadly probably with Best :lol:

Commentator last night called him 'raw'. When his co-commentator got excited about this word i thought the conversation was going to take an awkward direction.

Am going to say the lesson of watching Carroll develop from being fairly ineffective into a dominant centre-forward should give some pause for thought. The rapid development of Carroll as a player was not about suddenly gaining more control of the ball, his body or improved technique as a player. It was (presumably) based on his innate ability translating into performances through time on the pitch, scoring goals and gaining the ultimate state for a football player, confidence.

When you watch Ranger's movement and then how he holds on to the ball, his awkwardness is probably due to his confidence. If he gets a run in the side and a goal or two then lets see what happens. Lets face it, what other hope do we have now?

Thought ranger was shite, but he's a young lad and might come good. Best, for me was much worse, he's supposed to be the international player and apart from the one ball when Jonas stuck him in his movement was shocking.

That hattrick against West Ham has unfairly led to many supporters expecting Best to be anything other than complete shite.

Sorry like but ranger was fucking awful tonight. Nee Carroll replacement there. Can't remember him winning anything in the air all night

I thought he won more than his fair share. I even said at one point Jonas cant speak jive as custard was winning a lot but couldn't direct them his way.

Ranger can easily be as good as Carroll. While he's not as good in the air, he's not far behind and is a lot faster. His cameo in the Liverpool was miles better than anything Carroll did in his first season.

I think most people write him off because of the two sitters he's missed. But goal will come as he gets them with easy in the reserves.

What a load of wank. Anything he did win in the air was knocked on to no one in particular.

The lad has a bit of pace and, from his record in the reserves, a striker's instinct, that's about it. He still lacks the intelligence and refined technical ability to score in the PL. I'm not writing him off but from the stories coming out recently about his attitude, he'll never make it unless he becomes more disciplined and realises that his natural talent simply isn't enough to cut it in the Premier League.

Carroll started out exactly the same. Not really his fault and easily fixed. Its the ability to read the game and win the header that counts.

Glad to see someone else recognises he has a strikers instinct. The shot late on in the six yard box springs to mind, mainly because its not the first time he's turned quickly to shoot.

I know some people will say I'm over selling him, but Carroll showed none of his early promise - the way he slipped pasted Dawson, and amount of balls he won against Liverpool that he had no right too.

If he had a chance to play alongside someone like Carroll you might see what he's capable of because, in fairness, that's the type of striker he needs to be alongside.

Next few weeks our midfield needs to concentrate on keeping possession. There's no sense in sending the ball up to forwards who can't retain it or creat chances. Our midfield keeping it and working it more will take the pressure off the guys up front who aren't equipped or experienced enought to play against Premier League defenders. With that in mind one up front is fine with Nolan in midfield behind. I don't think Coloccini should be moved out of central defense, I don't like the idea of having noone at the back who can play the ball out/is decent on the ball in general. When Coloccini was suspended our defenders were just hoofing the ball up field.

If our midfield can work hard enough at retaining possession chances will eventually open up, especially agains the likes of Arsenal who won't put 10 men behind the ball.

I still think he's the best striker we have now. Ameobi has more experience on his side but when it comes to effort, speed, raw skill, Ranger beats him hands down.

He could do with a season in the Championship like Carrol had to see if he can cut it.

I still think he's the best striker we have now. Ameobi has more experience on his side but when it comes to effort, speed, raw skill, Ranger beats him hands down.

He could do with a season in the Championship like Carrol had to see if he can cut it.

good chance he'll get one soon.

shola can hold it up, win headers and chip in with the odd goal though. ranger didn't look capable of any of that ladt night.

i agree with whoever it was that said he should be used as an impact sub. i remember him coming on against liverpool and causing havoc.

Shola isn't great but his goal record over the last 18 months has been alright. He offers more at present imo. Nothing against Ranger and I agree about his going out on loan. It's ridiculous expecting the kid to cut the mustard in the PL at present.

There's a popularist view that Shola is shite full stop. Shola is only shite 3/5ths of the time, the rest he's a fuckin good player. Much better than any of our other strikers.

There's a popularist view that Shola is shite full stop. Shola is only shite 3/5ths of the time, the rest he's a fuckin good player. Much better than any of our other strikers.

Not sure about the fractions there but he's comfortably the best striker at the club imo. To borrow HF's phrase, it's a case of tallest dwarf in the circus, but still.

how long is shola out for? is a fractured cheek bone going to keep him out for weeks? or can he not just wear one of those protective face masks? never thougth i'd say it but we're fuxking desperate for him to return asap.

Shola isn't great but his goal record over the last 18 months has been alright. He offers more at present imo. Nothing against Ranger and I agree about his going out on loan. It's ridiculous expecting the kid to cut the custard in the PL at present.

fyp

Shola isn't great but his goal record over the last 18 months has been alright. He offers more at present imo. Nothing against Ranger and I agree about his going out on loan. It's ridiculous expecting the kid to cut the custard in the PL at present.

fyp

Dut the custard tbh :lol: