What will you do when they move your seat?

peasepud

My 3 year deal meant my ticket in the L7 corner was £343 a season.

The forced move and associated price hike seems to make the cheapest seat I can get £558.

That £215 is a 62% increase in what I pay to go to the match :lol:

Fat fucking cunt.

The money doesn't bother me that much though. I love where I am now, the very back row in L7 corner, The furthest point from the Strawberry corner flag. No bother from anyone when you just stand and sing all game long. I hate cup games sitting on my arse with people tutting at me when I stand up, drives me batty.

This might just be the straw that breaks the camels back....if i can't enjoy the game i'm thinking I could stay in the pub and watch it on greek tv.....such a shame after the best game I've ever seen too.

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big shame for the lads getting shifted, but I think expanding the family area and allowing more people to take their bairns to the match is a good news.

Cant quite get my head round the 10 year thing. On the one hand its saying commit for ten years BUT you can drop out any time????????

12 payments with no charges and no interest is good.

Still doing nowt personally til the window shuts.

Obviously more sinister than just expanding the family enclosure if the bit about leaving more space next to the away fans for sides bringing more than 3k is correct (not suggesting Stevie isn't telling the truth btw). Also, why put the kids next to the away fans? Odd, no? And why move people out of that area when they had to become a member to sit there last season? It would make more sense to use another part of L7 for this purpose were it not for the fact they seem intent on splitting that particular section up. Bad crack.

Aye I suppose so if thats the reasons. tbh Im not sure where the current family bit now extends too. When we had our family tickets it was the very top corner next to the gallowgate in L7.

Good point about the away fans, I wouldnt like to have my kids with throwing / charging distance.

A big shame for the lads getting shifted, but I think expanding the family area and allowing more people to take their bairns to the match is a good news.

Cant quite get my head round the 10 year thing. On the one hand its saying commit for ten years BUT you can drop out any time????????

12 payments with no charges and no interest is good.

Still doing nowt personally til the window shuts.

Obviously more sinister than just expanding the family enclosure if the bit about leaving more space next to the away fans for sides bringing more than 3k is correct (not suggesting Stevie isn't telling the truth btw). Also, why put the kids next to the away fans? Odd, no? And why move people out of that area when they had to become a member to sit there last season? It would make more sense to use another part of L7 for this purpose were it not for the fact they seem intent on splitting that particular section up. Bad crack.

Aye I suppose so if thats the reasons. tbh Im not sure where the current family bit now extends too. When we had our family tickets it was the very top corner next to the gallowgate in L7.

Good point about the away fans, I wouldnt like to have my kids with throwing / charging distance.

Exactly. I mean you can't really take bairns to the match and not expect to hear the odd swear word but next to the away fans is the worst possible place to put people wanting to take young children to the match. It defeats the object of having a family enclosure. Imagine the derby game? :lol: :lol:

4ih5c9.jpg

The green will now all be yellow.

I think that means mine's gone up about £150 compared to the 3 year deal, even including the 10% off. Not sure I'll renew in all honesty, because that is an absolute piss-take in the wake of the Carroll sale and recent comments about Tiote etc.

4ih5c9.jpg

The green will now all be yellow.

We used to be in L7A. I must admit I fucking hate level 7 :lol: Everythings so small. Might try saving up for 1892 again.

Guest Marshall-Barnes

The forced move and associated price hike seems to make the cheapest seat I can get £558.

Fat fucking cunt.

The money doesn't bother me that much though. I love where I am now, the very back row in L7 corner, The furthest point from the Strawberry corner flag. No bother from anyone when you just stand and sing all game long. I hate cup games sitting on my arse with people tutting at me when I stand up, drives me batty.

This might just be the straw that breaks the camels back....if i can't enjoy the game i'm thinking I could stay in the pub and watch it on greek tv.....such a shame after the best game I've ever seen too.

The likes of me and yee get a 10% discount cos we had a ST in the Championship season, even so that's £429 up to £502 for me to make a move that I don't wish to.

I think that means mine's gone up about £150 compared to the 3 year deal, even including the 10% off. Not sure I'll renew in all honesty, because that is an absolute piss-take in the wake of the Carroll sale and recent comments about Tiote etc.

I understand and agree with your view about Tiote etc, but I think quite a few who have witnessed two of the most enjoyable seasons in a long time will maybe find this, as you said earlier, a no brainer.

Guest Marshall-Barnes

This is a fucking terrible decision this, call me deluded but Level 7 initimidates a lot of away supports, now they're going to have a free reign with kids matters of yards away. Every month he does something to make you hate him more and for me this is worse than Carroll going.

I understand and agree with your view about Tiote etc, but I think quite a few who have witnessed two of the most enjoyable seasons in a long time will maybe find this, as you said earlier, a no brainer.

I should've been more clear but I meant that, if you are renewing anyway, the 10 year deal (given you can opt out at the end of any season) should be a no-brainer.

Fat fucking cunt.

The likes of me and yee get a 10% discount cos we had a ST in the Championship season, even so that's £429 up to £502 for me to make a move that I don't wish to.

I paid for mine up front 3 years back rather than going for the direct debit so I got a reduction then that worked out under £350 a season for the 3 years.

With the 10% I wasn't aware of - £503 is a 46% hike in reward for my support.

Seems like I could get me and my nephew seats where I sit now for £450 once it's the family area.....but he's 3 so wouldn't be coming to the games and the seat would be empty every week.

so whats gained by doing this then? I understood the 3 year plan, club gets cash in early, fans save money, everyones a winner (well until we were relegated and everyone else had a price freeze as well).

But whats gained by the club on doing this?

I can only guess at two possibles and anyone with more knowledge on finances (ie any knowledge) feel free to put me right on this.

1. It works as a sales pitch for the club ie there a "guaranteed" income in ST sales for next 9 years. :lol:

2. Same again but as a form of "proof of income" for a loan, overdraft etc. :lol:

Membership with a get out is no form of guaranteed income, so I don't think it's for financing purposes- at least not from a bank.

I suspect this is some kind of pricing psychology. Lock in your price and if you don't renew in 3 years- that's fine, but you'll have to pay the going rate at that time. People will not like the idea of having to pay more in the future (as football is inherently blessed with a naive optimism) and will hold onto their tickets even if under normal circumstances they would jack it. People are loss averse and do not want to be the mug paying twice what everyone else in their block is in 2017.

Just like the three-year deal, a club expecting positive progress should be able to count on future support (and higher prices) on the back of on-field success. A club trying to lock these things in clearly does not expect to be able to use attractive football to bring in the punters, so will use gamblers' mind tricks instead.

Guest Marshall-Barnes

The match just isn't going to be as enjoyable next season. When they opened the Leazes in 1993 it was full of proper fans, the likes of yourself and me, who would sing for 90 minutes, down the years everyone dispersed and what you're left with is an ageing support in there full of old cunts, lasses, and blokes who are set in their ways and afraid to sing because no one else does. The Gallowgate is marginally better, EAST Stand has been a morgue as long as I can remember, even in the 80's. Level 7 put a fire in your belly sometimes. Really, really upset about this to be honest :lol: might as well get a fuckin ticket in the Platinum.

You can opt out any time though according to the blurb. Whilst I'm not a fan of the regime the 10 year thing seems like a no-brainer to me, given they say you only need commit to a year. Unless I'm missing something.

That's my whole point. It seems that way and I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were some pathetic clauses written deep into the small print that stopped you getting out.

Maybe paranoia but I just don't trust these mongs one bit. The bonus appears too one-sided towards the fans.

In short. If you can get out at any time, where's the advantage to the club in allowing you to buy your season ticket for the next 10 years at 2011 prices rather than year on year? It makes absolutely no financial sense from their point of view.

You can opt out any time though according to the blurb. Whilst I'm not a fan of the regime the 10 year thing seems like a no-brainer to me, given they say you only need commit to a year. Unless I'm missing something.

That's my whole point. It seems that way and I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were some pathetic clauses written deep into the small print that stopped you getting out.

Maybe paranoia but I just don't trust these mongs one bit. The bonus appears too one-sided towards the fans.

In short. If you can get out at any time, where's the advantage to the club in allowing you to buy your season ticket for the next 10 years at 2011 prices rather than year on year? It makes absolutely no financial sense from their point of view.

I think Matt's just nailed the reasons behind it tbh.

The match just isn't going to be as enjoyable next season. When they opened the Leazes in 1993 it was full of proper fans, the likes of yourself and me, who would sing for 90 minutes, down the years everyone dispersed and what you're left with is an ageing support in there full of old cunts, lasses, and blokes who are set in their ways and afraid to sing because no one else does. The Gallowgate is marginally better, EAST Stand has been a morgue as long as I can remember, even in the 80's. Level 7 put a fire in your belly sometimes. Really, really upset about this to be honest :lol: might as well get a fuckin ticket in the Platinum.

I must be worth everyone chipping in to get a box. At least that way we'll be within gobbing distance of Ashley & Llambias.

I think Matt's just nailed the reasons behind it tbh.

Indeed he has. The ambition of those cunts knocks me off my feet. Do they honestly think we're that thick? :lol:

I could get that £265 one which would save me some cash. It'd probably be full of students though; will look like the house from The Young Ones by November.

I might do it like, depends on where the seats are I suppose, couldn't be sitting right next to the family bit!

so whats gained by doing this then? I understood the 3 year plan, club gets cash in early, fans save money, everyones a winner (well until we were relegated and everyone else had a price freeze as well).

I can only guess at two possibles and anyone with more knowledge on finances (ie any knowledge) feel free to put me right on this.

1. It works as a sales pitch for the club ie there a "guaranteed" income in ST sales for next 9 years. :lol:

2. Same again but as a form of "proof of income" for a loan, overdraft etc. <_<

Membership with a get out is no form of guaranteed income, so I don't think it's for financing purposes- at least not from a bank.

I suspect this is some kind of pricing psychology. Lock in your price and if you don't renew in 3 years- that's fine, but you'll have to pay the going rate at that time. People will not like the idea of having to pay more in the future (as football is inherently blessed with a naive optimism) and will hold onto their tickets even if under normal circumstances they would jack it. People are loss averse and do not want to be the mug paying twice what everyone else in their block is in 2017.

Just like the three-year deal, a club expecting positive progress should be able to count on future support (and higher prices) on the back of on-field success. A club trying to lock these things in clearly does not expect to be able to use attractive football to bring in the punters, so will use gamblers' mind tricks instead.

Aye you've nailed it. Ashley and Llambias have absolutely zero ambition and with that I think we can kiss goodbye to the £35m being re-invested in the team.

Great :lol:

Giving serious thought to not bothering renewing. :lol: I justified it for this season as it was £390 (interest free on my Barclaycard) but having to shift again and pay more doesn't really appeal tbh.

Guest Marshall-Barnes

2. Same again but as a form of "proof of income" for a loan, overdraft etc. :lol:

Actually spot on that. The whole thing is a disgrace, even though moving us from Level 7 will be partly due to Ashley abuse it's with revenue in mind. They know your hardcore support sits in Level 7, 3,000 of us, they know we'll all renew and be forced to pay circa £100 more for the priveledge of moving - so even that is with profit in mind. You're right though regarding the mind tricks policy, but I'm not buying in to it, they can fuck off, I might not even renew and just go game to game the way I feel today with this, but the main single reason I'm not interested in 10 year deals somewhere I don't want to sit is, I have hope that over the next 5 years he will fuck off, and someone else will come in and reopen Level 7 and get rid of his disgusting policies. I bet there are more bad policies to come as well.

I cannot believe the positive spin the Chronicle are putting on this. Not one mention of the price hike people are facing.

The bottom line is the cheapest option standard season ticket has increased from £429 to £558 which is a 30% increase.

For those wondering where the young persons area is...it will split the family area from the away fans....

New seating plan