The Father Ted Appreciation Thread

Tooj

tedface.jpg

In my opinion one of the top 3 comedy shows of all time

my favourite episode has to be Speed 3, absolute comedy genius, the bit with the boxes :D

what's everyone elses opinion on Father Ted?

i'd also like to say RIP Dermot Morgan..... and finally

HE DID KICK ME UP THE ARSE!! :blush::D;):blush:

Edited by Jonny2J

Love it. Fantastic writing and the execution of each line is spot on.

Taking a cold look at it, it ended at a time that would let it still be held highly. If that makes sense, it didn't over stay it's welcome.

Taking a cold look at it, it ended at a time that would let it still be held highly. If that makes sense, it didn't over stay it's welcome.

5466[/snapback]

unfortunately it didn't get the chance due to Morgan's death the day after the final filming :D

5466[/snapback]

unfortunately it didn't get the chance due to Morgan's death the day after the final filming :D

5469[/snapback]

Yep, thats why I said looking at it coldly. Damn shame that he passed away, but because of it being cut short it's never going to drag on and the quality was never allowed to dropped.

I'm pretty sure alot of people would rather it did drag on and still have him around.

The DVD Box Set was worth every penny. Watched 'The Plague' last night, superb (as is any episodw with Bishop Brennan).

"But there's no toilet in here"

5482[/snapback]

That quote if you know the context just makes you laugh out loud! :D

And Bishop Brennan is comedy gold anytime he appears!

The DVD Box Set was worth every penny. Watched 'The Plague' last night, superb (as is any episodw with Bishop Brennan).

"But there's no toilet in here"

5482[/snapback]

That quote if you know the context just makes you laugh out loud! :D

And Bishop Brennan is comedy gold anytime he appears!

5486[/snapback]

You will address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! :blush:

Classic comedy in every sense, Every character, Every episode, utterly brilliant.

One of my favourite characters, and very underated was Father Larry Duff, his accidents are legendary.

Class comedy like :blush:

What was the name of the Father that destroyed Ted's record player, and kicked a hole in his door whilst saying "How much did you pay for this, Ted?"? Fooking brilliant! :D

Class comedy like :blush:

What was the name of the Father that destroyed Ted's record player, and kicked a hole in his door whilst saying "How much did you pay for this, Ted?"? Fooking brilliant! :D

5583[/snapback]

My favourite was the one where Ted had put out all these photos of hunks on the table and Mrs Doyle very very quietly was sneaking one off the end - they didn't zoom in. there was no comment and it was easy to miss but it was absolutely hysterical if you noticed it.............................

Class comedy like :D

5583[/snapback]

"Cowboys Ted, they're a bunch of cowboys!"

:blush: Up there with I'm Alan Partridge, Family Guy and Spaced as one of my favourite comedy shows ever.

I loved the one on the "Main Land", where in one scene Jack is about to get a drink and someone from Alcoholics Anonymous grabs his drink...then switches to a zooming ambulance. :D

The "Largest Lingerie section in Ireland", was another classic, in fact, I can't think of one episode not very good.