Mobile Phones and batteries

LeazesMag

my battery needs charging every 2 days or so, admittedly I use it more than I used to, but not THAT much. It is over 3 years old, and I'm on a monthly simplicity deal with o2 for 15 quid. Lately I've noticed after making a call, the battery indicator does down, then when I leave it for a while goes up again, does this mean the battery is on its way out ?

Is it on its way out in any case, daughter says it is because I use it more but I'm telling her that it should still last longer than a couple of days.

I went down the road of replacing a battery for an old motorola years ago, and it made no difference. Should I look for a new phone or replace the battery. I like this phone, but if I change it I don't want a fancy one with loads of bells etc on it, just so long as I can upload my ringtone and screen. This one also takes photos and videos, not great quality, but I could live without that.

Its a nokia, and I would prefer to keep the same number and not have to mess around changing my deal with o2.

If you change network you can always get a PAC code and move your number with you. I charge my phone every day, usually when I'm driving. You should get a free handset each time you renew your contract.

If you change network you can always get a PAC code and move your number with you. I charge my phone every day, usually when I'm driving. You should get a free handset each time you renew your contract.

what is a PAC code ? My "contract" is on a month to month basis, I upgraded from pay as you go about 18 months ago, and I can stop it at any time, so it isn't really a normal type of fixed contract. I'm off to have a chat with o2 in town and see what they say, but unless it is normal for my phone to lose charge like this I want to do something about it now, either change battery or change phone.

I could change network, but that involves changing direct debits etc, having said that, o2 used to automatically upload ALL your texts onto your internet account and they have stopped doing this, does anybody else do it ?

A PAC code is what the likes of O2 will give you to give to for example Vodafone. This means you can move your number to the new supplier. Not sure how monthly contracts work but I assume you dont get as good a deal on the hardware if you are not committing to them for as long a period.

3 days without charge sounds pretty good imo.

Shouldn't let your battery run out regularly. Keep it topped up as much as possible but once every month do let it run completely down, remove the battery and put it back in, and fully charge. That should reset your indicator to the batteries actual remaining power so it doesn't act up and say you've got nowt left when it's half full.

:icon_lol:

Shouldn't let your battery run out regularly. Keep it topped up as much as possible but once every month do let it run completely down, remove the battery and put it back in, and fully charge. That should reset your indicator to the batteries actual remaining power so it doesn't act up and say you've got nowt left when it's half full.

:icon_lol:

I think that is what I did to it, I started charging it when it didn't need charging because I use it more now.

I've been to o2 today, and they have explained a few options to me, and also that I can go to any phone dealer so long as I get an o2 phone and keep my roll-on monthly contract. If I go to o2 they say I have to convert to a 12 month minimum or buy a pay as you go phone and pay 10 quid extra as part of it, which I don't need.

Bloody daft really. Why can't you just buy a new phone ?????????

What is the cheapest shop, carphone warehouse ? Will they transfer my sim card and all my numbers and messages to the new phone for me ?

A PAC code is what the likes of O2 will give you to give to for example Vodafone. This means you can move your number to the new supplier. Not sure how monthly contracts work but I assume you dont get as good a deal on the hardware if you are not committing to them for as long a period.

agreed but it depends how much its being used, i can't see LM sending a ton of texts or gabbing on the phone whilst out and about.

Not wanting to muddy the waters with you Leazes, but I've heard that you get more joy out of o2 if you use their website/call centre than the actual shops which are staffed by commision hunters. I'm on a rolling monthly contract with o2 through their online stuff too and once every 12 months I can buy a discounted handset from them. They knocked £100 off the HTC Desire which was going for £385 at the time and in high demand, so you might be able to pick up something basic for a decent wedge and keep your rolling contract. They might even be able to do you a better rolling one.

agreed but it depends how much its being used, i can't see LM sending a ton of texts or gabbing on the phone whilst out and about.

Strikes me as the kind of person who gets confused about where the ringings coming from when someone phones him. :icon_lol:

is that what you and the other women do ? :icon_lol:

is that what you and the other women do ? :scratchchin:

:icon_lol: no you giant dick, its not what i do.

i was just pointing out that your battery shouldn't die after three days if you don't use your phone much.

is that what you and the other women do ? :scratchchin:

:icon_lol: no you giant dick, its not what i do.

i was just pointing out that your battery shouldn't die after three days if you don't use your phone much.

;)

when it was new it lasted much longer, about a week. I'll think about it, there is no hurry apart from getting pissed off with constantly charging it. I use 100-150 minutes a month talk and about 150-200 texts if that helps to evaluate the usage.