Lara Logan

DesperateDannyB

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have but fortunatly I am not a desperate animal. Joking aside, what does this say about that country? In fact that whole area.

I will never be holidaying there again.

I doubt anyone would want to rape you, mate.

Really pretty awful stuff but unclear on the extent of the 'sexual' aspect to it. Billed as an attack by 200 people...I would question how you can quantify that sort of element within a larger crowd. Don't want to sound contrary because at the heart of it, it's a very serious offence, but I'm seldom comfortbale with the way reporters report things when it's an attack on their 'own'.

I have but fortunatly I am not a desperate animal. Joking aside, what does this say about that country? In fact that whole area.

Maybe you can explain why protesters anxious to get their message out would assault international news media figures?

THEY WOULDN'T. The multitude of attacks on reporters, including this one, were instigated and carried out by Mubarak's cronies in the interior ministry. That's pretty much common knowledge by now. But thanks for the implication about 'that whole area', you fucking yahudi cunt, that was really classy. One rape in Egypt = all Egyptians are rapists, is that it? I thought we left that kind of thinking behind in the 19th century. Of course, 'thinking' seems a little beyond you.

128679579683332020.jpg

Maybe you can explain why protesters anxious to get their message out would assault international news media figures?

THEY WOULDN'T. The multitude of attacks on reporters, including this one, were instigated and carried out by Mubarak's cronies in the interior ministry. That's pretty much common knowledge by now. But thanks for the implication about 'that whole area', you fucking yahudi cunt, that was really classy. One rape in Egypt = all Egyptians are rapists, is that it? I thought we left that kind of thinking behind in the 19th century. Of course, 'thinking' seems a little beyond you.

128679579683332020.jpg

Aren't you complaining about him using stereotypes, then basically calling him a Jewish Cunt?

A mother with a 2 year old child? why the fuck is she putting herself in amongst them fucking savages anyway?

She is a bit of a nut, absolutely and resolutely consumed by her career from what I've seen of her. In the weeks after the Afghan conflict started she begged for a Visa to get there and ended up staying in Afghanistan/Iraq for the best part of 4 years, sometimes in horrible circumstances. I saw a load of the comments on that link saying, 'why would they send a woman there?', there is no doubt she would have been desperate to go.

I saw an interview with her a week or two ago on Charlie Rose. She had been arrested in Egypt and had returned to the US as she believed it was too dangerous to stay. She said she felt Mubarak would stay in power and she felt she'd failed in her job. She said she'd go back under the right circumstances, obviously Mubarak being ousted was the right circumstances. It's awful that she has been on the end of an attack like this and maybe she'll hang up her boots now. Her analysis of the Egypt situation has been pretty off tbh, so it definitely isn't worth putting yourself in dangerous situations if you're not gaining an accurate insight into it.

Her security team have failed her there big time, they shouldn't be hired again. They get a big team of absolute grippers guarding these foreign correspondents and there's no way this should have been allowed to happen, for 30 minutes is outrageous.

ATP's comments aren't worth responding to, they're full of anger at any insinuation that muslims may have committed a heinous act, as usual. I'll wait for Logan's version of events if she feels able to discuss it publicly.

"Logan and her team had already encountered the dangers of reporting the news in a crumbling police state: Egyptian soldiers had previously blindfolded them, marched them at gunpoint, and accused them of being spies. In this interview from last week, Logan told Charlie Rose that she recognized the danger of going back into Cairo, but that it was in her blood to be covering this story."

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/02/16/lara-logan-charlie-rose/

"Logan and her team had already encountered the dangers of reporting the news in a crumbling police state: Egyptian soldiers had previously blindfolded them, marched them at gunpoint, and accused them of being spies. In this interview from last week, Logan told Charlie Rose that she recognized the danger of going back into Cairo, but that it was in her blood to be covering this story."

WTF, there might be something in her blood now but I guarantee it's not a fucking news story, she sounds mental tbh.

Edited by Jusoda Kid

WTF, there might be something in her blood now but I guarantee it's not a fucking news story, she sounds mental tbh.

Tbh, I'd love a job like that, but she's earnt her bread now and she's getting on, would be a good time to quit it seems. It's unfortunate that she happens to be a stunning looking woman because that heightens the dangers posed to her in any given situation. If you're an american marine and she pops up in Iraq it'd drive you absolutely nuts. As for the Taliban, if they got their hands on her she wouldn't survive. If she looked like Anne Widdecumme she would not be at nearly as much risk, even in these conflict areas and crumbling banana-republics.

ATP's comments aren't worth responding to, they're full of anger at any insinuation that muslims may have committed a heinous act, as usual. I'll wait for Logan's version of events if she feels able to discuss it publicly.

Load of crap, I'm mad that once again people think they have carte blanche to slander an entire society based on the actions of a few. By what right can people call us savages and imply that the 'entire country' or 'that whole area' are rapists? The Swede in your sig is accused of rape (sexual assault or whatever it technically may be). Are all Swedes rapists now? How about everyone from 'that whole area'? Are they savages too? Doesn't it sound ludicrous? But somehow whenever the discussion refers to Muslims or Arabs, it becomes OK to talk and generalize that way. Baroness whatever-her-face-is was right: racism against Muslims is commonplace and acceptable, and that's fucking bullshit.

Load of crap, I'm mad that once again people think they have carte blanche to slander an entire society based on the actions of a few. By what right can people call us savages and imply that the 'entire country' or 'that whole area' are rapists? The Swede in your sig is accused of rape (sexual assault or whatever it technically may be). Are all Swedes rapists now? How about everyone from 'that whole area'? Are they savages too? Doesn't it sound ludicrous? But somehow whenever the discussion refers to Muslims or Arabs, it becomes OK to talk and generalize that way. Baroness whatever-her-face-is was right: racism against Muslims is commonplace and acceptable, and that's fucking bullshit.

Fuck off with the race card.

Mob mentality would have taken over, would have and could have happened anywhere not just amongst a bunch of muslims going apeshit.

Mob mentality would have taken over, would have and could have happened anywhere not just amongst a bunch of muslims going apeshit.

Exactly my point. So why would you refer to them as "those fucking savages"?

Exactly my point. So why would you refer to them as "those fucking savages"?

So the animals who dragged her away and raped her aren't savages?