The Toon to Heathrow

Guest LeazesLad

Guest LeazesLad

People who commute regularly to London:

Start my new job soon and instead of getting the train all the time late Sunday neet, home late Friday neet, they've said I can fly regularly if I like. Is it better quicker and more efficient than the Central to kings Cross?

I'm thinking I normally fuck about round Kings Cross for 30 mins before me train ave. 3 hr 10 mins journey that's what 3hrs 40, whereas Heathrow 40 mins on the tube from Central London 40 mins check in time 50 mins in the air, that would be like 2 hrs 10. Can anyone suggest which is better?

Heathrow always feels like a right faff, although my centre of gravity's SE London so I suppose it's different if you're going from somewhere central that's on the Piccadilly Line or near the Heathrow Express terminal. Plus I'd leave more than 40 minutes to be honest, even for an internal flight. On the other hand it's less time actually cooped up, plus a pre-trip pint is loads more pleasant at the airport than the station.

I travel back about every 2 weeks

I've flown about 6 or 7 times but the train always seems quicker.

I get to Kings Cross 5 minutes before the train then 3 hours on it.

Flying is train, then check-in, wait for an hour, then an hour flight, always seems longer.

Edited by Nobby

Guest LeazesLad
Heathrow always feels like a right faff, although my centre of gravity's SE London so I suppose it's different if you're going from somewhere central that's on the Piccadilly Line or near the Heathrow Express terminal. Plus I'd leave more than 40 minutes to be honest, even for an internal flight. On the other hand it's less time actually cooped up, plus a pre-trip pint is loads more pleasant at the airport than the station.

There's nee bar in the station now anyway, and The Euston Flyer is wank so is O'Neill's. The bars to the left of the station are shite as well no matter how many time Fish bigs them up.

I prefer a train journey to a plane as a one off, but if I did it every week I'd be flying. Get on the frequent flyer scheme straight away so you can mince about in the lounges and that.

I use the trains so often I get bored of it, and the checkies are all like Robocop now, bouncer types dressed as threatening types of OB.

Guest LeazesLad

Flying is train, then check-in, wait for an hour, then an hour flight, always seems longer.

Its not an hours wait is it? Thought it was 40 mins.

Guest LeazesLad

I need to get back on a plane anyway, last time I flew I thought the fucka was gonna crash. Fuckin pilot thought he was Bomber Harris with all these wing flips, scared me shitless.

There's nee bar in the station now anyway, and The Euston Flyer is wank so is O'Neill's. The bars to the left of the station are shite as well no matter how many time Fish bigs them up.

Is there not that one along the side of platform 8 or somewhere along there? Mind it was shite anyway.

Shame they cancelled the Newcastle-London City route, love flying out of there.

Its not an hours wait is it? Thought it was 40 mins.

aye but you wouldn't get there 40 mins before, would always be longer

Guest LeazesLad

Is there not that one along the side of platform 8 or somewhere along there? Mind it was shite anyway.

Shame they cancelled the Newcastle-London City route, love flying out of there.

Been shut at least 18 month that one.

That London City one would've been mint you always flew between the buildings at the Docklands.

Guest LeazesLad
Flying always seems more of a faff to me than getting a train. Plus the Tea and Biscuits and what not certainly makes the train worthwhile imo.

Tea and biscuits :o beer and whisky more like.

Haggle them for 1st class on the train. Best option all round.

Wait, they weren't offering his 1st class on the train but they were willing to pay for his commute on a plane? :o

Guest LeazesLad
Sort out a deal with CT.

Earplugs included.

You know what older drivers are like ffs. Would be like Driving Miss Daisy he'll gan that slow.

Guest LeazesLad
Sort out a deal with CT.

Earplugs included.

You know what older drivers are like ffs. Would be like Driving Miss Daisy he'll gan that slow.

:o

I'm 42 cheeky cernt!

Stirling fecking Moss, me. :(

He retired in 1962 after a crash left him in a coma for a month as afterwards he felt unable to continue driving at a professional level. In spite of this early retirement he has remained a well known figure.

That doesn't inspire me with much faith in you!