Guthrie goes on loan to Forrest

Christmas Tree

guthrie seems to be one of those players that the fans love to hate. people remember everytime he plays poorly, every misplaced pass or cock up, whereas anything good he does just gets forgotten and never mentioned. It's actually cropped up on this thread already, easy to remember the wba moment and the terrible overall game he had, but easy to forget the more recent assist for colo's goal against spurs and how we fell apart after he went off injured (maybe more to do with perch coming on, but at the very least it should prove he should be nowhere near the same bracket as the fish).

he's struggled this season with poor fitness and poorer form for the majority, needs a run of games to get either of them back, but is never going to get them here. a loan could be a good option for him personally.

Ben Arfa, Ireland and Gosling to come back in the next few weeks though.

This.

Our midfield is pretty strong so i dont mind him going out and helpin Forest. Got a soft spot for them so its a good club for him to either win back some form and come back a better player for us next year or he can put himself in the window for us to get a nice 4mil figure for him.

One of the players id let go if a decent bid came in. Thats more money for us to strengthen more pressing areas in the summer.

Jonas, Barton, Nolan, Tiote, Gosling, Ireland and Ben Arfa. No worries.

well i say let him go hes not quite good enough same with perch to sell them both for a bit of money

Wow!!! Thats an edited post. God knows what the original looked like :rolleyes:

Ben Arfa, Ireland and Gosling to come back in the next few weeks though.

This.

Our midfield is pretty strong so i dont mind him going out and helpin Forest. Got a soft spot for them so its a good club for him to either win back some form and come back a better player for us next year or he can put himself in the window for us to get a nice 4mil figure for him.

One of the players id let go if a decent bid came in. Thats more money for us to strengthen more pressing areas in the summer.

Jonas, Barton, Nolan, Tiote, Gosling, Ireland and Ben Arfa. No worries.

Double wow

Ben Arfa - coming back from a serious injury, and not strictly a midfielder. get the feeling he will be more playing off a main striker, or part of a front 3.

Gosling - he's played about 5 mins for us and crocked. who knows whether he'll be any good the rest of the season if he even stays fit

Ireland - not really a midfielder again. done his best work playing "in the hole" or similar to bowyer. plus he's been absolutely shite for a prolonged period of time. and he's coming back from injury

Plus Barton is injured, and I don't believe we know just when he's coming back.

So I make that possible going into our next game(s) with nolan and tiote as our only match-fit centre midfielders. Tiote could always get suspended again. Nolan may well get injured, having played 90 mins nearly all season.

As limited as he is, unless we've got some dynamic centre midfielders coming through the reserves under the radar, I'll hold onto guthrie till the end of the season.

Its OK, if we get the odd injury/suspension (and tbh that never ever happens to us) we can always go to

Harper

Simpson Taylor Williamson Collicini Enrique

Ben Arfa Jonas Ferguson (for CT)

Best Masked Ameobi

Its about as balanced as a garth crooks team of the week

---Harper---

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique

---Barton*---Nolan**---Tiote---Jonas

---Ben Arfa***---

---Shola---

*Barton, Irlenad, Jonas and Ben Arfa can play RM.

** Nolan, Barton, Ireland and Gosling can play CM (Goslong could play th DCM in place of Tiote also)

*** Ban Arfa, Ireland and Barton can play AMC

Or you go 4-4-2 and play Best with Shola.

Id say we've got options like and thats before, Lua Lua, Ferguson and Vuckic.

---Harper---

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique

---Barton*---Nolan**---Tiote---Jonas

---Ben Arfa***---

---Shola---

*Barton, Irlenad, Jonas and Ben Arfa can play RM.

** Nolan, Barton, Ireland and Gosling can play CM (Goslong could play th DCM in place of Tiote also)

*** Ban Arfa, Ireland and Barton can play AMC

Or you go 4-4-2 and play Best with Shola.

Id say we've got options like and thats before, Lua Lua, Ferguson and Vuckic.

Can Ireland really play RM. I've admittedly not seen much of city live over the years but he's always played as an attacking centre mid when I've seen him. Plus, as I said, he's on an absolutely terrible run of form and is currently injured. Not a good combo. He might get away playing in centre-mid with tiote but I doubt anyone else would be able to cover him sufficiently

Can Gosling play DM? Do his legs even work? You seem much more confident than me

Lua Lua broke his leg. Again how fit is he going to be the rest of the season. Ferguson and Vuckic probably have less league sub appearances than I've got fingers on my left (or right!) hand.

Ben Arfa may well be a right off till he's had a pre-season.

I guess its all about your point of view. I'm always a glass half empty thinker/preparer. I think Newcastle have more often than not justified that stance. You're obviously at the other end of the spectrum to me. I'm sure the healthy place to be is somewhere in the middle.

But why anyone would take the chance of relying on things that have a reasonable chance of not coming off, and removing the safety net (guthrie, an admittedly slightly flimsy looking safety net) for no obvious benefit is well beyond me.

Edited by Neville Neville Neville

I just dont think Guthrie going to Forest weakens us by much other than a number.

Yes Gosling, Ben Arfa and Ireland are all coming back from injury but all with ability. Give them all a chance to hit the ground running. Cant write them off for the season just yet.

guthrie seems to be one of those players that the fans love to hate. people remember everytime he plays poorly, every misplaced pass or cock up, whereas anything good he does just gets forgotten and never mentioned. It's actually cropped up on this thread already, easy to remember the wba moment and the terrible overall game he had, but easy to forget the more recent assist for colo's goal against spurs and how we fell apart after he went off injured (maybe more to do with perch coming on, but at the very least it should prove he should be nowhere near the same bracket as the fish).

he's struggled this season with poor fitness and poorer form for the majority, needs a run of games to get either of them back, but is never going to get them here. a loan could be a good option for him personally.

He's never had any form though tbh. Yes of course he's done the odd good thing but he's never had a run of games where he ever looked like he was going to be an asset to the team in this division (tbh he never impressed much in the Championship).

That said with the injury situation as it is I don't really think we can consider letting go.

Ive said this for a while now, theres something dodgy going on with Guthrie, hes not been seen for weeks, his house has sat empty for about a month but hes not actually moved out.

any rumours you wanna share, by pm if neccesary?

Nah none, just the stuff thats gone on previously ie the police raid on his house and removal of his cars.