Pardew talks summer recruitment

Christmas Tree

Two games then. Either way they've got two good players for the money they received for one who looked like he couldn't give a fuck any more. I don't see how that's anything other than good business by Liverpool. Aye, they could've banked the money / half of it but they might've missed out on ever getting those players. Suarez started and played virtually the whole game against Man Utd in any case. They've been desperate for new forwards for a while too, due to Torres' lack of form / their over reliance on him. You seem to be thinking along the same lines as Ashley tbh, i.e. who needs a replacement for Carroll when you've got Leon Best? :D

exactly.

Skidmarks [bairn] = Toonpack [dad] = Noelie [Grandad]

Keep the rubbish running in the family lads.

Argument (sorry monotone tirade) comprehensively destroyed and thus resorts to crybaby-esque shite. :D

rubbish.

I hope you've bookmarked this thread, same as the Enrique one.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thinking about it for a while our 2 best signings of the last few years have both been 3.5mil or less. tiote and ben arfa. obviously our scouts can spot a good player or 2. as for us getting a top top player, well i have my reservations. how much money is going to be spent and on what. if enrique goes, who do we replace him with? taiwo's been mooted as a replacement, but will probably go to the bin dippers. Carroll has not been replaced directly, and all of our forwards have been in and out of form ( as well as none of them actually being good enough).

this side will not finish in the top 10 next year without serious investment. i just hope it happens.

Can't say ben arfa is a better signing than coloccini, enrique or nolan after his handful of games. Much better value from the other 3 so far.

with ben arfa its a statement about him in terms of potential. we all know that he's a player we look to to give us some flair and creativity.... i didn't realise he was around 6m ( thought it was 3.5m).

I agree about the other 3 but they all took a season to bed in ( and all 3 were inferior to the players they have become now, due to the team being relegated and none of them really being up to scratch at the time). nowadays all of them are pretty much playing pretty well.

Two games then. Either way they've got two good players for the money they received for one who looked like he couldn't give a fuck any more. I don't see how that's anything other than good business by Liverpool. Aye, they could've banked the money / half of it but they might've missed out on ever getting those players. Suarez started and played virtually the whole game against Man Utd in any case. They've been desperate for new forwards for a while too, due to Torres' lack of form / their over reliance on him. You seem to be thinking along the same lines as Ashley tbh, i.e. who needs a replacement for Carroll when you've got Leon Best? :icon_lol:

exactly.

Argument (sorry monotone tirade) comprehensively destroyed and thus resorts to crybaby-esque shite. :rolleyes:

Did leazes really write that ? :lol:

He needs to comprehend what an equals sign should be used for :icon_lol:

Two games then. Either way they've got two good players for the money they received for one who looked like he couldn't give a fuck any more. I don't see how that's anything other than good business by Liverpool. Aye, they could've banked the money / half of it but they might've missed out on ever getting those players. Suarez started and played virtually the whole game against Man Utd in any case. They've been desperate for new forwards for a while too, due to Torres' lack of form / their over reliance on him. You seem to be thinking along the same lines as Ashley tbh, i.e. who needs a replacement for Carroll when you've got Leon Best? :icon_lol:

exactly.

Argument (sorry monotone tirade) comprehensively destroyed and thus resorts to crybaby-esque shite. :rolleyes:

Did leazes really write that ? :lol:

He needs to comprehend what an equals sign should be used for :icon_lol:

I thought about using < or > but all 3 of you are as stupid as each other :rolleyes:

:icon_lol: Don't think he gets this ignore thing

it means I can type what I like about you and you don't see it ...... although you would just spout shit in response even if you did

:lol:

• 1 month later...
ALAN PARDEW has revealed Newcastle United have already tabled offers for new players and out- of-contract stars.

The club are set to return to Toulouse with a fresh offer for highly-rated France under-21 left-back Cheikh M’Bengue in the next few weeks – and have enquired about several “experienced” players who are nearing the end of their contracts.

And as transfer efforts are stepped up, the Sunday Sun can also reveal that United have opened negotiations with West Ham target Danny Simpson over a new deal.

Pardew said: “We’ve had two or three meetings, we’ve contacted some players who are out of contract in the summer. We’re allowed to do that.

“We’ve contacted a couple of clubs about players who are under contract to see their situation. We’re very much down the road in signing the sort of players we think can add to the club.”

United are looking at Lille star Gervinho and retain an interest in Birmingham winger Seb Larsson, who is out of contract and available on a free in the summer.

And calming fears that he will buy purely potential this summer, Pardew said that playing at the very highest level on a consistent basis is “crucial” for any players coming in.

“All of the players that we’ve contacted have good experience,” he said. “It’s more about having 150 games under your belt than a 19-year-old with potential.

“They need to have played at a very high level for us to be interested in them and to warrant coming here, in my view.

“There may be one we take a fancy to, but most are established players.”

Although their interest in M’Bengue would suggest Jose Enrique will leave the club in the summer, Newcastle have not given up hope of retaining him for next season. But the ball rests firmly in the player’s court.

Sunday Sun

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle...79310-28533627/

Phew, that's alright then. If it's in the Sunday Sun, and Rapey's said it, we can all relax.

Bastions of truth and integrity both.

To be fair, clubs may well have been contacted and offers made. It's all wind and piss though till the player's getting his piccy taken with Rapedoo's arm around his shoulder.