Do You Still Like Andy Carroll?

DubiousBobcat

can't see why anybody should hate him for doing whats best for himself at all.

Just like Ashley's doing....! :lol:

He's standing up to him though, paying 3 years in advance :D

it's the reason why I can see the Ashley era for what it really is and you can't see the Halls and Shepherds', as by your own admission you didn't go once.

I'm sure that will go into one ear and out the other while missing your non existent brain. :D

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would just like to randomly state that I did go during the Shepherd era a few times actually, including Champions League games, so anybody making a point stating that by my own admission I didn't go is talking shit and anyone claiming that anything relating to that incorrect comment will go through one ear and out of another has failed to comprehend my words in another thread and probably has comprehension issues.

Just thought I'd randomly put that out there :lol:

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: LeazesMag.

· View this post

· Un-ignore LeazesMag

:D

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry874279

after trying to be a funny cunt posting a picture up of his blocked users. Seeing as he made a public display of me being blocked

:lol::D

Dont have any Liverpool hatred.

Are you not right?

Why do you hate them?

Shared a student house with three of them '95-'97, so I had to put up with a lot of shit re the 4-3 games. Only one of them was proper scouse, one was from wrexham (horrible cunt he was) and the other one was a plastic from Southport.

They were all arrogant divine-righter cunts, like most of their following. Two of my good mates now are Evertonians and they couldn't be more different to the red shite.

EDIT: also at school all the little glory hunters who knew nowt about football had liverpool shirts. I suppose kids in the '90s were the same with ManU, and kids now will have chelsea tops.

There's a lad I've known for years, comes from Redcar but supports liverpool. He always bangs on about how big and how great they are, and who they're going to sign. He only pipes down when I remind him that I've been to more matches in liverpool than he has. Mid-thirties this kid is, and the sum of his trips to anfield could be counted on the fingers of one hand. (He also adds that he's been on the stadium tour as well mind, the daft shite).

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Looked brilliant pre the Man U match with the ground in full song to walk alone and all the scarves in the air.

The whole ground and the Leazes End (in particular) used to do that before YNWA was thieved (typical) to become the "red-scouse anthem". They didn't invent it, although you'd think they did :lol:

They were also the dirtiest bunch of cunts ever to play, worse than vintage Leeds IMO

and Shock Horror, I agree with LM on something:

"And all of that list, what also fucks me off is that they blame everybody but themselves for the Heysel and also Hillsborough. Tragedies both of them, but they were certainly not blameless".

I would add to Leazes' quote the words "and yet, still they are the media darlings".

Hated the bastards since I was a kid and that was LONG before they killed anyone.

Edited by Toonpack

ANDY Carroll helped raise over £4,000 for local charities on an emotional homecoming to Tyneside.

The Geordie striker, who joined Liverpool for a record fee of £35m in January, was back to honour a previous commitment with his Newcastle United teammates in the club’s biannual boxing dinner at the Lancastrian Suite, Gateshead.

Carroll paid £900 for a signed Kevin Nolan shirt in a charity auction before then generously giving the shirt to the fan who he’d bid against, as a gift.

United captain Kevin Nolan, Steve Harper, Danny Simpson, Dan Gosling, Joey Barton Leon Best, Steven Taylor, Tim Krul, Shefki Kuqi and Ryan Taylor were all in attendance to help generate funds for various Tyneside charities.

Carroll has been settling in on Merseyside at his new club alongside former United manager Kenny Dalglish and did endure a few pantomime boos at the dinner.

Carroll told the Chronicle: “It was good to be back in Newcastle and see friends and family.

“I wanted to honour the commitment and was happy to play my part in raising some vital funds for charity.

“It was a really good day and all of the boxers put up a good show.”

Carroll made his debut for Liverpool at the weekend with the Teams lad helping the Kop side to a 3-1 win over Manchester United in the Premier League.

The England international, who started his football life at Low Fell Juniors, has became an instant hit at Liverpool with the famous Kop supporters.

And speaking on settling in at Anfield, Carroll said: “Everybody has been friendly with me and helped me to settle in.

“I’ve got myself a place in Liverpool and it is going well.”

Carroll was given a standing ovation as went onto the pitch as a substitute at Anfield on Sunday.

Looking back on his first game for the Europa League hopefuls, Carroll said: “I couldn’t wait to get on.

“It was a good game to start and an experience I will never forget.”

Meanwhile, one of the event’s organisers Steve Wraith of Players Inc Events said: “Club masseur Mickey Holland has put on three great shows now, raising vital funds for numerous charities and we are only too happy to associate ourselves with such an event. There were some great bouts and the 700-strong crowd certainly got value for money.

“The first team were out in force once again led by the skipper Kevin Nolan Joey Barton and Steve Harper and it was good to see Andy Carroll get such a good reception from the crowd despite the disappointment we all shared when he signed for Liverpool on deadline day.

“It was a typical of big Andy to hand over money for the shirt and then hand it back to the fan who was lost for words by his kindness.”

:lol:

Looked brilliant pre the Man U match with the ground in full song to walk alone and all the scarves in the air.

The whole ground and the Leazes End (in particular) used to do that before YNWA was thieved (typical) to become the "red-scouse anthem". They didn't invent it, although you'd think they did :lol:

They were also the dirtiest bunch of cunts ever to play, worse than vintage Leeds IMO

and Shock Horror, I agree with LM on something:

I hate to say this, but if you disagree that they are "perceived as being bigger" [your words too] because they have actually made themselves this by their very actions, you are a very sad blind person.

You'll never walk alone is adopted from the musical "Carousel", by Rodgers and Hammerstein.

Liverpool were the first set of supporters I personally heard sing that, adopted from Gerry and the Pacemakers ie the Mersey sound of the early 60's and I went to my first game in 1964. Not that I'm defending them, but it always makes me laugh when people re-write history like this.

Liverpool were not a dirty team under Shankly, no way.

Edited by LeazesMag

I hate to say this, but if you disagree that they are "perceived as being bigger" [your words too] because they have actually made themselves this by their very actions, you are a very sad blind person.

You'll never walk alone is adopted from the musical "Carousel", by Rodgers and Hammerstein.

Liverpool were the first set of supporters I personally heard sing that, adopted from Gerry and the Pacemakers ie the Mersey sound of the early 60's and I went to my first game in 1964. Not that I'm defending them, but it always makes me laugh when people re-write history like this.

Their actions together with being as succesful as fuck, one begat the other - the success being the main driver. The "lucky" bit was Shankly and following him with Paisley, they capitalised, we didn't - on our near-Shankly moment (KK). One of those things. The success attracted the better players which bred even more success and then the money came along and success = mega dosh, which is now the modern players be all and end all, if they don't qualify for Champs league for a few years they'll sharp decline like we did. Albeit from a higher point (in terms of success/stature in the game).

I know where song comes from :lol: Song wasn't Liverpools sole possesion though, by a long shot.

Aye Ok Tommy Smith was a saint, some of the players weren't "dirty", Callaghan in particular, but they were ALL dirty teams back then, but some more than others, in my opinion of course, sadly don't have cuttings to back it up.

Edited by Toonpack

ANDY Carroll helped raise over £4,000 for local charities on an emotional homecoming to Tyneside.

The Geordie striker, who joined Liverpool for a record fee of £35m in January, was back to honour a previous commitment with his Newcastle United teammates in the club’s biannual boxing dinner at the Lancastrian Suite, Gateshead.

Carroll paid £900 for a signed Kevin Nolan shirt in a charity auction before then generously giving the shirt to the fan who he’d bid against, as a gift.

United captain Kevin Nolan, Steve Harper, Danny Simpson, Dan Gosling, Joey Barton Leon Best, Steven Taylor, Tim Krul, Shefki Kuqi and Ryan Taylor were all in attendance to help generate funds for various Tyneside charities.

Carroll has been settling in on Merseyside at his new club alongside former United manager Kenny Dalglish and did endure a few pantomime boos at the dinner.

Carroll told the Chronicle: “It was good to be back in Newcastle and see friends and family.

“I wanted to honour the commitment and was happy to play my part in raising some vital funds for charity.

“It was a really good day and all of the boxers put up a good show.”

Carroll made his debut for Liverpool at the weekend with the Teams lad helping the Kop side to a 3-1 win over Manchester United in the Premier League.

The England international, who started his football life at Low Fell Juniors, has became an instant hit at Liverpool with the famous Kop supporters.

And speaking on settling in at Anfield, Carroll said: “Everybody has been friendly with me and helped me to settle in.

“I’ve got myself a place in Liverpool and it is going well.”

Carroll was given a standing ovation as went onto the pitch as a substitute at Anfield on Sunday.

Looking back on his first game for the Europa League hopefuls, Carroll said: “I couldn’t wait to get on.

“It was a good game to start and an experience I will never forget.”

Meanwhile, one of the event’s organisers Steve Wraith of Players Inc Events said: “Club masseur Mickey Holland has put on three great shows now, raising vital funds for numerous charities and we are only too happy to associate ourselves with such an event. There were some great bouts and the 700-strong crowd certainly got value for money.

“The first team were out in force once again led by the skipper Kevin Nolan Joey Barton and Steve Harper and it was good to see Andy Carroll get such a good reception from the crowd despite the disappointment we all shared when he signed for Liverpool on deadline day.

“It was a typical of big Andy to hand over money for the shirt and then hand it back to the fan who was lost for words by his kindness.”

:lol:

My mate's brother had his second bout that night.

Lost to a bizarre stoppage, even the oppo's camp said they couldn't understand why the ref stopped it.

Their actions together with being as succesful as fuck, one begat the other - the success being the main driver. The "lucky" bit was Shankly and following him with Paisley, they capitalised, we didn't - on our near-Shankly moment (KK). One of those things. The success attracted the better players which bred even more success and then the money came along and success = mega dosh, which is now the modern players be all and end all, if they don't qualify for Champs league for a few years they'll sharp decline like we did. Albeit from a higher point (in terms of success/stature in the game).

I know where song comes from :D Song wasn't Liverpools sole possesion though, by a long shot.

Aye Ok Tommy Smith was a saint, some of the players weren't "dirty", Callaghan in particular, but they were ALL dirty teams back then, but some more than others, in my opinion of course, sadly don't have cuttings to back it up.

most kids keep scrapbooks.......... :lol: nowt wrong with that.

On the other hand, some of us have half decent memories, and it appears you don't on lots of counts. :D

If you seriously don't understand the concept of attempting to be successful, then I feel sorry for you.

Exit ASM, enter Toonpack it would appear. :D

On the other hand, some of us have half decent memories, and it appears you don't on lots of counts. :lol:

If you seriously don't understand the concept of attempting to be successful, then I feel sorry for you.

:

We've already proven my memory is flawed in some detailed respects like who farted on the pitch in 1974.

But I do fully understand attempting to be succesful, but I am also realistic and understand that we cannot compete with Liverpool at this minute in time. I would add that without continued success they won't be able to compete at the level they are now (in terms of attraction to players/sponsors etc) for much longer.

We don't have an Oligarch or a Sheik so we have to hope that Platini's rules will help financially sound clubs, which we should be.

Do I like it, not particularly, but it's the way it is and the cash just isn't around to spend multi tens of millions on a player or two, were still in a hundred or so million deep hole but at least we aren't paying interest on it.

I'm happy we took their eyes out for Carroll, IF we reinvest it, that only time will tell.

On the other hand, some of us have half decent memories, and it appears you don't on lots of counts. :lol:

:

We've already proven my memory is flawed in some detailed respects like who farted on the pitch in 1974.

But I do fully understand attempting to be succesful, but I am also realistic and understand that we cannot compete with Liverpool at this minute in time. I would add that without continued success they won't be able to compete at the level they are now (in terms of attraction to players/sponsors etc) for much longer.

We don't have an Oligarch or a Sheik so we have to hope that Platini's rules will help financially sound clubs, which we should be.

Do I like it, not particularly, but it's the way it is and the cash just isn't around to spend multi tens of millions on a player or two, were still in a hundred or so million deep hole but at least we aren't paying interest on it.

I'm happy we took their eyes out for Carroll, IF we reinvest it, that only time will tell.

you mean you remember a game that was most memorable but didn't exist ? :D

We DID compete with Liverpool during the era of the last owners, it is MIKE ASHLEY who has changed the outlook and structure of the club, sending it diving down the football rich list and selling our best striker to Liverpool for a record fee.

Our debts are bigger since Mike Ashley took over the club. Cost cutting like he has done in football = standing still = decline. This is how it is. We will not re-invest that 35m quid in quality footballers. Bookmark this thread too. The club is in decline.

Whatever you say, and I detect a slight deviation as you realise you are digging a hole for yourself, you really do consider us to be inferior to Liverpool and unable to challenge them don't you ? [well, we do now under the current owner, but we didn't previous to that]. What a shame you, like others, allow personalities and irrational hatred to dominate your entire judgement and common sense.

Sometimes I really wonder just how dense some people can be.

you mean you remember a game that was most memorable but didn't exist ? :lol:

So you keep saying, I didn't btw

Not going there (again) on the diatribe, hence the deletion to save space.

As for the last bit, you continue to suprise me

you mean you remember a game that was most memorable but didn't exist ? :lol:

So you keep saying, I didn't btw

Not going there (again) on the diatribe, hence the deletion to save space.

As for the last bit, you continue to suprise me

the reason why you don't wish to continue is obvious.

You would love it if you could prove me wrong - but you can't and you know you can't. Love it.

Edited by LeazesMag

You would love it if you could prove me wrong - but you can't and you know you can't. Love it.

You are wrong man, how many people on how many forums have to tell you that ?

Read the Swissramble for the harsh truth you arse

You are wrong man, how many people on how many forums have to tell you that ?

Read the Swissramble for the harsh truth you arse

I don't care what people on skunkers say man, they are clueless too. I've said since before Mike Ashley even bought this club that people who spouted on about "warehouses", "anybody but Fred" blah blah were talking bollocks and it we could easily get owners who would take the club downwards again, maybe even down to where the Halls and Shepherd found it in 1992 if we got someone who was really shite.

I'm used to people disagreeing with me, if they choose to let personalities get in the way of their judgements, thats their problem, but everything I said about Mike Ashley early on in his ownership has proved to be exactly correct. I even got banned from Newcastle Online for it, because the majority of people disagreed, now though I am right and people won't admit it.

You took the ambition of the previous owners for granted, whatever made you do that having saw first hand what the McKeags and Seymour did is beyond belief, the conclusion I draw is that you didn't really follow the club that closely despite what you say, or you would have appreciated competing at the top of the premiership and playing in the Champions League. This conclusion is backed up by your memory lapses and worst of all, your lack of knowledge/appreciation of what Keegan did.

No NUFC supporter who supported this club prior to 1992 could fail to see what he did for this football club.