This muslim who was fined 50 quid

LeazesMag

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, couldn't care less tbh. The fine seems perfectly reasonable, what was the charge exactly? Public disorder or littering? As a matter of principle, I support the rights of freedom of speech and the freedom to protest universally, even for cunts. The country would be a more pleasant place if he fucked off though.

Fair enough, couldn't care less tbh. The fine seems perfectly reasonable, what was the charge exactly? Public disorder or littering? As a matter of principle, I support the rights of freedom of speech and the freedom to protest universally, even for cunts. The country would be a more pleasant place if he fucked off though.

the punishment should fit the crime and his fate should be decided by the relatives of everybody who has lost a son in Afghanistan and Iraq, having been invited to burn a poppy in front of them before they cast judgement.

Edited by LeazesMag

the punishment should fit the crime and his fate should be decided by the relatives of everybody who has lost a son in Afghanistan and Iraq, having been invited to burn a poppy in front of them before they cast judgement.

I think we might get some wildly inconsistent sentences with the system you're proposing if it were to be rolled out across the Criminal Justice System. What should be the maximum penalty available in your view btw?

The punishment does fit the crime. He burned some poppies, to which I attach no sacred value, and was subsequently fined. He was basically being a complete prat in public and looking for a rise, not behaviour befitting the death penalty imo. What you're proposing has chimes of Shariah Law to it, not my cup of tea Leazes. I realise that universal freedom of speech is not a popular idea in GB, but it's one I believe in, and I think wherever it were to be put into practice it would be a force for good.

The punishment does fit the crime. He burned some poppies, to which I attach no sacred value, and was subsequently fined. He was basically being a complete prat in public and looking for a rise, not behaviour befitting the death penalty imo. What you're proposing has chimes of Shariah Law to it, not my cup of tea Leazes. I realise that universal freedom of speech is not a popular idea in GB, but it's one I believe in, and I think wherever it were to be put into practice it would be a force for good.

I think it's been said before like that Leazes would've made a pretty good extremist Muslim if he'd been born by the Indus rather than the Tyne.

:D The very definition of the punishment fitting the crime.

:D

Maybe this is a result of your lax attitude to koran burning Leazes...

Isn't burning the koran a bit more of an insult? More worthy of condemnation?

sorry like, but what a load of anti west drivel. Do you seriously think burning a book [however important it is to them] is more "insulting" than flying aeroplanes into buildings ?

Difficult to believe what I'm reading here.

Your false equivalence apart (no-one charged with burning koran's or poppy's has killed anyone have they?) isn't this pretty much the same sort of thing?

How do you fancy Koran burners sentences decided by muslims?

What would the punishment for Koran burning be? Would that be classed under inciting racial hatred? Would it be OK if you burnt all the main religeous texts at once?

Letting this happen was a disgrace and an affront. These blokes are knackers and represent British muslims like Fred Phelps represents Christianity. The police are quick enough to get handy with people protesting against government cuts, but less than willing to get stuck in to this crowd.

You can't say this is 'freedom of speech'. We have laws against saying things that are meant to be deeply offensive and hurtful to groups of people who have suffered. Why can't fallen servicemen be afforded the same?

What would the punishment for Koran burning be? Would that be classed under inciting racial hatred? Would it be OK if you burnt all the main religeous texts at once?

Letting this happen was a disgrace and an affront. These blokes are knackers and represent British muslims like Fred Phelps represents Christianity. The police are quick enough to get handy with people protesting against government cuts, but less than willing to get stuck in to this crowd.

You can't say this is 'freedom of speech'. We have laws against saying things that are meant to be deeply offensive and hurtful to groups of people who have suffered. Why can't fallen servicemen be afforded the same?

exactly.

I expected the "anti-west" brigade to come out here :D or maybe they just disagree with me for the sake of it as usual.

It's quite clear that shitbags like this aren't "British" like me and you, nor do they have a place in our society.

Expected KSA to have a bit more to say I must admit.

Edited by LeazesMag

sorry like, but what a load of anti west drivel. Do you seriously think burning a book [however important it is to them] is more "insulting" than flying aeroplanes into buildings ?

Your false equivalence apart (no-one charged with burning koran's or poppy's has killed anyone have they?) isn't this pretty much the same sort of thing?

in a muslim country ? At your peril.........

exactly.

I expected the "anti-west" brigade to come out here :D or maybe they just disagree with me for the sake of it as usual.

It's quite clear that shitbags like this aren't "British" like me and you, nor do they have a place in our society.

Expected KSA to have a bit more to say I must admit.

I've not disagreed with you. Just shown that you disagree with you.

A purposefully provocative action by a handfull of retarded Muslims > outrage and calls for retribution > Muslims bring out the 'unfairly persecuted' card . Or have I missed a trick ?

you only missed off what it is that the retarded muslims are protesting. Like most of the press reports of it did too.

Hardly doing their cause amy good. They should dress as superheros and climb famous attractions.

in a muslim country ? At your peril.........

You'd prefer our laws were more muslimesque? :icon_lol:

A purposefully provocative action by a handfull of retarded Muslims > outrage and calls for retribution > Muslims bring out the 'unfairly persecuted' card . Or have I missed a trick ?

you only missed off what it is that the retarded muslims are protesting. Like most of the press reports of it did too.

Hardly doing their cause amy good. They should dress as superheros and climb famous attractions.

Regarding the action of the burning of the poppies, are you 'relaxed' about it ?

I actually think this person should've been ignored. I realise that's probably not realistic but this is almost certainly exactly what they were hoping for when they did this. I.e. loads of publicity.