Pardews a dick

Quotes from Pardew in the Chronicle about the Stoke match:

When we conceeded those two goals, that's when the game was lost.

We looked like a team confident in what we were doing.

We were defending set plays very well.

We done a lot of things really well.

It was hugely disappointing in terms of the scoreline.

Spoken like a man with his head up someone's arse. :cuppa:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, Pardew is IMO a decent manager, but no manager will succeed when they are forced to do the job with their hands tied behind their back.

I think he's Mr Mediocre. His track record suggests that survival on a limited budget might be a stretch for him. I suspect he's good at bullshit but short on substance. Probably the sort to get shot in the back by his own men in wartime.

FWIW, Pardew is IMO a decent manager, but no manager will succeed when they are forced to do the job with their hands tied behind their back.

I think he's Mr Mediocre. His track record suggests that survival on a limited budget might be a stretch for him. I suspect he's good at bullshit but short on substance. Probably the sort to get shot in the back by his own men in wartime.

Well he got WHU to 9th the season before he got the sack (remember their worst run of defeats for over 70 year?) He took Charlton down then did fuck all before he left. If your idea of decent is winning the Trophy against Carlisle then I suppose you are right. Personally I think he is a typical cheap as fuck FCB signing. You pay peanuts and get Monkeys. Unless he can dredge up some type of ability never seen before from him then we are fucked imho

The trouble with Pardew is the club have gambled on him turning out to be a miracle worker, after all if a mere first team coach (Hughton) can get the club promoted from the championship with a massive points haul at the first time of asking and with zero outlay, then a recognised manager should at the very least be able to get the club into europe, even with one hand tied behind his back. Can anyone spot the flaw in this reasoning?

The trouble with Pardew is the club have gambled on him turning out to be a miracle worker, after all if a mere first team coach (Hughton) can get the club promoted from the championship with a massive points haul at the first time of asking and with zero outlay, then a recognised manager should at the very least be able to get the club into europe, even with one hand tied behind his back. Can anyone spot the flaw in this reasoning?

You missed out the words "cunt of a " between recognised and manager.

Pretty much spot on imo. The thing is, we'll never actually know how good/bad Parsnip is due to the restraints put on him.

Well he got WHU to 9th the season before he got the sack (remember their worst run of defeats for over 70 year?) He took Charlton down then did fuck all before he left. If your idea of decent is winning the Trophy against Carlisle then I suppose you are right. Personally I think he is a typical cheap as fuck FCB signing. You pay peanuts and get Monkeys. Unless he can dredge up some type of ability never seen before from him then we are fucked imho

I really don't know what to say. The club has attracted trophy winning managers to the club and still got slated for it. I will stress there is no way I am defending Mike Ashley, but I think there are a lot worse than Pardew, in short I can't see any manager Ashley ever appoints being a success here because of the restraints put on them so in consequence you can't really judge any manager he appoints depending on how well you expect him to do of course.

You forgot what he did at Reading by the way, that and a decent job at West Ham is why I say what I do, after all that is the sort of level NUFC will be happy to achieve with Mike Ashley as owner.

With backing he could do better, I think, but it isn't going to happen here so I suppose such speculation is irrelevant.

Pardew has been without Carroll for all but 3 games since he took over so in terms of assessing how he has done, if he matches Hughton's results, he is doing better imo.

He lost Carroll and Routledge and got Ireland and Ben Arfa. Harsh.

I'd like to think that if we stay up by quite a narrow margin (points-wise) which looks the most likely scenario then Ashley will realise he has to give Pardew a bit more to spend than he was probably planning on doing (especially back when we were looking at a posible top 8 finish). It's a bit sad as a fan when you're scratching around looking for positives like that.

Pardew has been without Carroll for all but 3 games since he took over so in terms of assessing how he has done, if he matches Hughton's results, he is doing better imo.

On the face of it, aye. But, while I agree with Leazes about it being difficult for anyone coming in I think after a decent start (apart from Stevenage) where he kept things simple and probably picked up some points Hughton wouldn't have, I think he's been less impressive the more he's tinkered. Ireland was seemingly a player he wanted to bring in and (his injury apart) it seems odd to have wanted a player who basically plays in the same position as one of our most effective players (Nolan) whilst at the same time allowing Routledge to go. Admittedly he may not have had much say in this but the perplexing recent experiment with 3-5-2 (especially when the back four has looked pretty good) is one that hasn't really worked. Also, I haven't got the stats to definitively confirm it but, after the good start I mentioned, it feels like relegation form which has partly been papered over by things like the Arsenal result / match.

On the face of it, aye. But, while I agree with Leazes about it being difficult for anyone coming in I think after a decent start (apart from Stevenage) where he kept things simple and probably picked up some points Hughton wouldn't have, I think he's been less impressive the more he's tinkered. Ireland was seemingly a player he wanted to bring in and (his injury apart) it seems odd to have wanted a player who basically plays in the same position as one of our most effective players (Nolan) whilst at the same time allowing Routledge to go. Admittedly he may not have had much say in this but the perplexing recent experiment with 3-5-2 (especially when the back four has looked pretty good) is one that hasn't really worked. Also, I haven't got the stats to definitively confirm it but, after the good start I mentioned, it feels like relegation form which has partly been papered over by things like the Arsenal result / match.

under Mike Ashley, relegation is inevitable, just like it was when we came up under Seymour, McKeag etc. The only question was how long would we last in the top flight.

There are one or two idiots who will disagree with this, people who say they were around then, but basically they are only showing their ignorance. If the height of your ambition is just to survive, like the Stokes, Burnleys, Hulls etc of this world, then it becomes a matter of time.

Of course, if you think NUFC are no better than these clubs, then OK.

Edited by LeazesMag