Level 7...Level 4...Level 42?

peasepud

The overwhelming majority DONT want to sing and DONT want to stand.

I've sat on my hands in the library seats a few times and been dead keen to get off my arse and sing. I reckon half the people in there are the same.....but you don't do it unless you're in with a majority oif like-minded piss heads.

But then there are people in the L7 singing corner who sit on their arse for 90 minutes without a peep. They just sit there because it's cheapest.

You have and always have had the areas with atmosphere and areas without. Whether or not it's been sanctioned from within the club. The L4 corner...or L4 leazes in general will be louder than the rest of the stadium, I don't doubt it for a second, and people that want to sing will tend towards there and people that don't will move away....especially now that the price is the same for everyone outside the family enclosure at both ends.

So you're saying the only fans that don't get to enjoy the match as they want to must be those that provide the most vocal support? Bollocks. We've been shifted from pillar to post....from the gallowgate....to the leazes....to the corner and now again. We've learned to make the most of our new position in the ground every time. If some dullard wants to complain that there's nowhere else in the other three quarters of the stadium where they can catch 40 winks they're taking the piss.

I'm sure the terms and conditions allow for one seat move per season btw.

I know we moved when we weren't happy with our corner seat and we weren't charged.

Not in the slightest and I thought my OP made it clear that wasnt the case. What Im saying is that one persons butter is another mans shit. It shouldnt be down to the fans to find their place and definitely not at the expense of other fans.

This is my whole reasoning for the thread in the first place, do we seriously think the club didnt realise there'd be this problem when they did the change? Of course they did, theyre stupid but not that stupid. They knew exactly what would happen and if they wanted to have a singing section then they would have kept it where it was or moved it before announcement.

They didnt do it then so theres fuck all chance they'll do it now. The whole thing about extending Family enclosure is simply a smoke screen to get rid of you lot. They're bright enough to know that getting rid under the guise of "developing the future fanbase" makes it look valid.

You have and always have had the areas with atmosphere and areas without. Whether or not it's been sanctioned from within the club. The L4 corner...or L4 leazes in general will be louder than the rest of the stadium

And this is where I come back to my original post, it wont be louder because they're not going to sit you there. Maybe the plan will backfire, maybe having a thousand singers spread across the stadium will make those around them join in but then again, 99% of those there will logically be followers, joining in a chant, they wont attempt to start one themselves (I know I never have and never would).

So you're saying the only fans that don't get to enjoy the match as they want to must be those that provide the most vocal support? Bollocks. We've been shifted from pillar to post....from the gallowgate....to the leazes....to the corner and now again. We've learned to make the most of our new position in the ground every time. If some dullard wants to complain that there's nowhere else in the other three quarters of the stadium where they can catch 40 winks they're taking the piss.

I know we moved when we weren't happy with our corner seat and we weren't charged.

Not in the slightest and I thought my OP made it clear that wasnt the case. What Im saying is that one persons butter is another mans shit. It shouldnt be down to the fans to find their place and definitely not at the expense of other fans.

This is my whole reasoning for the thread in the first place, do we seriously think the club didnt realise there'd be this problem when they did the change? Of course they did, theyre stupid but not that stupid. They knew exactly what would happen and if they wanted to have a singing section then they would have kept it where it was or moved it before announcement.

They didnt do it then so theres fuck all chance they'll do it now. The whole thing about extending Family enclosure is simply a smoke screen to get rid of you lot. They're bright enough to know that getting rid under the guise of "developing the future fanbase" makes it look valid.

You have and always have had the areas with atmosphere and areas without. Whether or not it's been sanctioned from within the club. The L4 corner...or L4 leazes in general will be louder than the rest of the stadium

And this is where I come back to my original post, it wont be louder because they're not going to sit you there. Maybe the plan will backfire, maybe having a thousand singers spread across the stadium will make those around them join in but then again, 99% of those there will logically be followers, joining in a chant, they wont attempt to start one themselves (I know I never have and never would).

I used to start loads off but you get old, and become less of a participant in goings on when you hit 30, still sing though. I actually made TOON TOON TOON EVERYBODY SAY WHEY AYE, WHEY AYE - to the tune from the Oot there brothers. THAT was mine, made up pre-season 1995 :lol:

As UtdforNewcastle finished their meeting with the club at about 6.30 and have since merely tweeted to ask if people would prefer Euro 2012 win or Toon FA Cup win, I think tis fairly safe to say that "Yes, we're moving the singing section for you" was not the overriding statement.

UtdForNewcastle

@leazeslad @2narme @jamie_nufc It was a positive discussion guys, will post full details tomorrow

That's aal we get tonight ffs. The kid said he'd write what was discussed tonight.

At the end of the day, if the club had agreed to the move then there'd have been all sorts of tweets going round from them. Im not doubting it was a positive meeting and they'll have been told the club will look at the petition, take it into consideration etc and review the situation.

Like I say, stalling tactics to stop any early protests.

I'm not saying anyone should be forced to move from their existing seat or that the club need to organise anything, but that the dynamic of the stadium will always find its level naturally. And ST holders in the lower tiers might be as pissed off by it (like those of us being moved from the corner against our will are) but that's not something anyone can help....other than reversing the decision and leaving things as they are. I totally agree with you that the club are stringing it out and have no way of keeping everyone happy.

In my opinion Leazes L4 will now make most of the racket as that's where most matchday ticket buyers will go...even if season ticket holders aren't placed there specifically by the club.

If all the noise happens to be coming from the Gallowgate next year, I'll request a seat move to there so I can watch the match in the artmosphere i enjoy. If the club say I can't be seated in L4 in the first place...but then there's empty spaces and matchday tickets being sold there...I'll request to be moved there.

Similarly if any fan is unhappy with the increased racket around them or any persistent "stand up if you love the toon" chanting that starts to occur, they should have the common sense to realise the move has affected them adversely like it has thousands of others (the financial effect on a lot of us is much worse than the annoyance of a new set of faces moving in) and request a seat move to a quieter area befitting their matchday disposition.

I'm not saying anyone should be forced to move from their existing seat or that the club need to organise anything, but that the dynamic of the stadium will always find its level naturally. And ST holders in the lower tiers might be as pissed off by it (like those of us being moved from the corner against our will are) but that's not something anyone can help....other than reversing the decision and leaving things as they are. I totally agree with you that the club are stringing it out and have no way of keeping everyone happy.

In my opinion Leazes L4 will now make most of the racket as that's where most matchday ticket buyers will go...even if season ticket holders aren't placed there specifically by the club.

If all the noise happens to be coming from the Gallowgate next year, I'll request a seat move to there so I can watch the match in the artmosphere i enjoy. If the club say I can't be seated in L4 in the first place...but then there's empty spaces and matchday tickets being sold there...I'll request to be moved there.

Similarly if any fan is unhappy with the increased racket around them or any persistent "stand up if you love the toon" chanting that starts to occur, they should have the common sense to realise the move has affected them adversely like it has thousands of others (the financial effect on a lot of us is much worse than the annoyance of a new set of faces moving in) and request a seat move to a quieter area befitting their matchday disposition.

sums up my thoughts on the whole situation perfectly

If the club had any plans to move the singing section or help to move it elsewhere and the fans that sit there, it would have been stated when they first brought out the proposal of abolishing the singing corner, weve got to realise that the club isn't going to help those fans move and try to help organise a mass move, it's going to be down to the fans to try and sort the move and not anything to do with the club

If the club had any plans to move the singing section or help to move it elsewhere and the fans that sit there, it would have been stated when they first brought out the proposal of abolishing the singing corner, weve got to realise that the club isn't going to help those fans move and try to help organise a mass move, it's going to be down to the fans to try and sort the move and not anything to do with the club

however this brings us back full circle, anyone renewing a ST is at the mercy of the club deciding where they sit. Which is why they wont relocate the bulk of L7 moves to L4.

The answer is to cancel the ST renewal and start a new one from scratch, that way they dont know where you were sat previously.

however this brings us back full circle, anyone renewing a ST is at the mercy of the club deciding where they sit. Which is why they wont relocate the bulk of L7 moves to L4.

The answer is to cancel the ST renewal and start a new one from scratch, that way they dont know where you were sat previously.

Pay an extra few hundred quid for the same seat and lose all your accumulated away points for the privelige?

No thanks.

On Tuesday evening, Newcastle supporter group ‘United For Newcastle’ spoke to Simon Esland, the Head of Customer Relations at Newcastle United, regarding the possible relocation of the Leazes Corner singing section. Below is a summary of the discussion that took place, courtesy of Krishan from United for Newcastle.

Firstly, we asked Simon if he was aware of the petition that we started on February 16 2011 to which he responded: “I know of it, but I haven’t actually taken a look at its content. It would be great to see what it is all about, and what fans are saying”. We explained to him that the purpose of the petition was not encouraging the club to shelve its new seating arrangements for 2011/12 but to simply relocate the Level Seven singing section to another location in the stadium, with Level Four of Leazes Corner being the most obvious choice.

Simon genuinely seemed impressed that we had exceeded our target of 2,000 signatures (currently, the petition is only 100 names short of 3,000 signatures). In order for Simon to fully understand the petition we have sent it to him and suggested that he reads some of the comments made by fans. We hope this will show the club just how important the singing section is to so many supporters, how strongly people feel about its relocation and its importance to the atmosphere at St James’ Park.

We mentioned to Simon that the singing section was officially announced to the club in May 2008 and suggested that May would be a great time to announce any such plans again. Simon responded: “We’re taking the views of fans into consideration, and will be until the end of April. May could be a time for this to happen”.

We felt that it was important to see how the club felt about Leazes Corner and Simon made no secret of his opinion of the fans in that area of the stadium: “The supporters in Leazes Corner create an incredible atmosphere and the section is an important part of the St James’ match day experience. However, until the season ticket situation becomes clearer, which it won’t do until the end of April, we can’t set anything in stone. It would be great to speak again in a month and see what progress we can make”.

This gives all of us a whole month to prepare and back the relocation of the singing section as much as possible. This is not only a United For Newcastle initiative, but something that we believe is in the interest of every Newcastle supporter and the club itself.

Ideally, we would have all of St James’ rocking at all times, but not all fans enjoy singing at football matches. In the words of Chris Mort: “Creating a section in the ground where like-minded fans – who enjoy singing – can come together to generate a great atmosphere and get behind the team for 90 minutes“.

4-0 up or 0-4 down, if there’s one thing you can predict at St James’ Park it will be the noise coming from the Leazes Corner. We saw the effectiveness of a singing section in the home draw against Arsenal. At 0-4 down, whilst some supporters had their heads in their hands, and others were leaving the stadium, it was the singing section relentlessly spurring the Toon on. When the Leazes and Gallowgate are in full-swing the atmosphere at St James’ is arguably the best in the country and it is us fans who help turn 0-4 down, into a 4-4 draw.

The petition and the relocation of the singing section now has the backing of the NUST, NUFC.com and various other Newcastle United related websites and fanzines (ed – including us at Leazes Terrace). We have also been told that there will be an article in the Evening Chronicle this week about what we are trying to do.

We hope that the club will realise that the relocation of the singing section is the right thing to do, to ensure St James’ Park keeps the atmosphere that not only makes us famous around the world but will always inspire those playing in the black and white.

The team at United For Newcastle would like to thank everybody for their continued support of the group and the petition, we hope to have a website soon.

Dirty Boots, I apologise now for saying the club were probably expecting a Kevin Miles type and Kevin and Perry turn up, but imo all Simon is doing is towing the party line.

Will be interesting to see what happens when you meet him in April.

If the club were happy with the singing section they would have announced the new location for it.

And if it is relocated, I just can't see it being L4; a place within close proximity and eye line of the 'suits', not to mention LardAsh, sitting in the directors seating area. Can you really see LardAsh and his chums wanting to look at a singing section screaming abuse at him? I can't.

• 1 month later...
I see UtdForNewcastle are now realising that theyve been had.

Its a shame because theyve worked hard on it but doing what they did played right into Dekkas hands.

?

What'd they do

Am I just being thick as mince or have I missed summat?

Its a shame because theyve worked hard on it but doing what they did played right into Dekkas hands.

?

What'd they do

Actually setting up and attempting dialogue. Its the proper thing to do but what it did was take the heat off the club and reduce the chances of protest at the move. By then continually moving the goalposts on the decision about moving people they were able to slowly let it die off without any major kick off.

Now the first people will know that L4 isnt going to happen is when that letter drops through the door telling them theyre in Gallowgate Upper Tier or somewhere.

?

What'd they do

Actually setting up and attempting dialogue. Its the proper thing to do but what it did was take the heat off the club and reduce the chances of protest at the move. By then continually moving the goalposts on the decision about moving people they were able to slowly let it die off without any major kick off.

Now the first people will know that L4 isnt going to happen is when that letter drops through the door telling them theyre in Gallowgate Upper Tier or somewhere.

Pay on the day, sit where you like, don't give him your ST money.

Or just don't go, anymore.

Shame, I'm going to miss the matchday craic. :lol:

?

What'd they do

Pay on the day, sit where you like, don't give him your ST money.

Or just don't go, anymore.

Shame, I'm going to miss the matchday craic. :lol:

Exactly, if you have a ST and requested leazes L4 but get gallowate, persue the matter to get it changed. It works for them if everyone pipes down and accepts it, but its up to us not to and keep banging on the door.

But the fact is as long as theres a core of fans in L4, which there will be through general sale tickets, it will evolve and grow over time. The core group will become bigger through more people who get match day tickets joining L4 because they see a group of fans singing, and it will go from there. If anyone was thinking about getting a ST for Level4 then its now wise not to, and get general sale tickets in L4 , garenteeing your place.