Her dad is paying for ours. Result.

On the way home from my stag do now. I was handcuffed to an oompa loompa all last night. They're fanny magnets them things. Recommend it to any best men. I'm going to book one every time I'm out with the lads.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got two this year, going to the stag do for the first in a month's time.

Quick query, it's a weekend abroad, the best man (his brother) has asked us all to chip in for the stag's flight and accommodation. Is this normal? I've only been on one similar jaunt before and I don't remember this being the case.

I wouldn't really mind (especially as it's only £20 or so) but 1. this seems a bit unusual and 2. the stag is notorious for borrowing money and not paying it back, getting people to pay for him etc etc.

I've been on a few away trip stag dos and never known that to happen. Sounds like the stag has probably suggested it, if he's a tight arse. Last wedding I went to before mine, the groom announced in his speech that the best man and ushers (of which I was one) were all going on another post wedding stag do abroad, and he was paying for it. Which was canny.

I've got two this year, going to the stag do for the first in a month's time.

Quick query, it's a weekend abroad, the best man (his brother) has asked us all to chip in for the stag's flight and accommodation. Is this normal? I've only been on one similar jaunt before and I don't remember this being the case.

I wouldn't really mind (especially as it's only £20 or so) but 1. this seems a bit unusual and 2. the stag is notorious for borrowing money and not paying it back, getting people to pay for him etc etc.

Me and the other bestman covered our stags, we didn't ask others to chip in, but the three of us have been friends for 13years

the other lads on the stag do from his work we'd never met before and were great though drink kitty wise, and chipping in without being asked to sort out his dances and the like in a strip club.

Stag sneaked off and paid for everyones meal on the second night as well so all worked out pretty well.

I paid for my digs and travel but never bought a drink all weekend.

I did spend a few hundred on a meal for everyone though.

I'd say he's taking the piss if he wants to pay nowt. He should appreciate people spending money to come in the first place.

He should appreciate people spending money to come in the first place.

Aye that's it. I was just grateful people were prepared to pay flights/hotel to come on mine. Asking people to pay for me too never entered my head.

I'm getting married in October next year so got ages to save for the honeymoon and stag do as the mrs' parents are kindly paying for a lot of the wedding.

Doing the stag do in Vegas and wouldn't dream of anyone chipping in considering it'll cost a fair whack. As Gemmil says, I'll just be grateful people are making the trip.

Fairly nervous about the idea of the speech but think it'll be an easy gig compared to the best man and father of the bride.

I've been on a few away trip stag dos and never known that to happen. Sounds like the stag has probably suggested it, if he's a tight arse. Last wedding I went to before mine, the groom announced in his speech that the best man and ushers (of which I was one) were all going on another post wedding stag do abroad, and he was paying for it. Which was canny.

Were you allowed to go? ;)

Edited by Jonny2J

I don't think it was his idea but I'm not surprised in the least that he's lapping it up. Not much I can do really as judging by the emails everyone else is happy to chip in. But none of them had to live with the freeloading cunt at university. Still it's only 20 quid.

Paying for the Stags flight and accommodation seems a bit harsh like. I paid for my best man and his Mrs room at the hotel we were staying in on my wedding night as I felt that was only fair after all the help they'd given us. Did an upgrade on the sly as well, it was a nice surprise for them when they went to check in. Mind, I told him he could fuck off for room service being covered.

• 11 months later...

Im looking for a wedding DJ for my wedding next July @ Close House, Heddon.

Any recommendations?

Sorry to Andy for not contacting him about the photography, would have but my mrs had her heart set on some bloke called David West? Duno if youve seen any of his work Andy, he seems okay to me and with it being a wedding I had very little say in anything....

his site if you want a gander http://www.davidwestphotography.co.uk/

Back on topic though, still on the look out for a DJ, somewhere to get rings, flowers and a vintage wedding car. Think everything else is sorted.

If you can recommend anyone please shout up.

Cheers

ive heard loads about paladium like, i'll check it out

Not heard of David West but his brother does nice tinned fish.

Had a look at his site and his work seems good though... more expensive than me so you missed a trick there ;)

Don't get a Palladium ring... I got one and with 2 weeks it was fucked... it's a really soft metal despite what they tell you and scratches like you wouldn't believe. Honestly after the honeymoon I had to take it back and get a refund as it was just appauling to look at.

Got a 18ct white gold one instead from another shop and it's looking better 3 years on that the Palladium one did after 2 weeks

agree that white gold is a decent wedding band option. i considered platinum until i checked out the prices - fuck that when white gold is a fracvtion of the price, looks just as good (to my untrained eye at least) and maintains its appearance pretty well. mine's 5 years old now and still looks pretty smart.

Been to two weddings at Close House (was Best Man at one) and they were both cracking days. Someone told me they weren't doing weddings anymore as they were going to be solely concentrating on the golf now, but that was obviously bollocks!