Stone Roses set to reunite

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some belters on there.

Check out We Are Without Shoes blog too ;)

Some newly released/discovered demos on there I ain't heard before.

First album demos called 'lemon sessions' or summat.

Alternate versions from ones on the 40th anniversary boxset.

Reading the new Roses book War & Peace at mo. Excellent.

You read the John Robb one?...its pretty good too. Hes a journo who was there at the beginning so he's pretty much adding himself to the "Roses legend TM" but its a good yarn.

• 2 weeks later...

FTAO lovethebobby and j2j.....

if you can, get a bootleg of Saturday at V fest Hylands Park......Squire fucking loses it in a brilliant way on Fools Gold, completely overshadows I am the resurrection at the end......still cant beleive how brilliant they were, been grinning like a twat all week :D

FTAO lovethebobby and j2j.....

if you can, get a bootleg of Saturday at V fest Hylands Park......Squire fucking loses it in a brilliant way on Fools Gold, completely overshadows I am the resurrection at the end......still cant beleive how brilliant they were, been grinning like a twat all week :D

I'd be interested in that too. Saw them at Heaton Park (Sat) and Fools Gold was class; and it's not even one of my favourite Roses tracks. I'd be interested to see if Brown's vocals were better too. I have bootlegs from Fri & Sat at Heaton Park and he was awful at times on Sat. There rest of the band were fucking class though.

I'd be interested in that too. Saw them at Heaton Park (Sat) and Fools Gold was class; and it's not even one of my favourite Roses tracks. I'd be interested to see if Brown's vocals were better too. I have bootlegs from Fri & Sat at Heaton Park and he was awful at times on Sat. There rest of the band were fucking class though.

:D

• 2 months later...

Seen anything of the Shane Meadows docu release details at all ?

Assume it'll be a Christmas dvd but Im more expectant of the new album tbh .

Be interesting to see any rehersal/behind scenes stuff but the concert stuff might be a bit banal .

New stuff might well be a crock of crap but Im sure they'll milk the nostalgia as much as they can prior to any new stuff . .

Tkts for next summers gigs on sale tommorow @ 0930......any tips on how to be in with at least in with a chance of getting fixed up via phone or online? there's 3 ticket outlets, signed up with them all, so open a window for all of them? 2 phones ringing through as well?...how early is it worth logging on?....usually avoid big "event" gigs like this, usually because of bollocks like this, but they were sooooooo good at V fest I can't keep away.... :)

• 6 months later...

I'm off to this as well now. Well not now obviously, but in a week.

Don't know how you feel about this Jill...support for Friday: The Stone Roses

Finsbury Park, London

Performing: The Stone Roses, Dizzee Rascal, Rudimental and The Courteeners Support for Saturday: The Stone Roses

Finsbury Park, London

Performing: The Stone Roses, Johnny Marr, Miles Kane and Public Image Ltd. So Saturday gets two titans of popular music and Friday gets Dizzee fuckin Rascal and some other people :(