Will we do a Spurs?

KeithJ

I remember Spurs selling players a few years ago and making some very good money from it. They went on to sign a really good and strong squad and managed to keep a few good players. If we kept the likes of Nolan, Barton, Tiote, Guti, Colo then we could have a unit to build a team around.

I wonder how Guti will cope with out Enrique though!

We all know Ashley is Spurs fan, I just hope he maybe goes on to follow the blue print they used!

I remember Spurs selling players a few years ago and making some very good money from it. They went on to sign a really good and strong squad and managed to keep a few good players. If we kept the likes of Nolan, Barton, Tiote, Guti, Colo then we could have a unit to build a team around.

I wonder how Guti will cope with out Enrique though!

We all know Ashley is Spurs fan, I just hope he maybe goes on to follow the blue print they used!

Are yee radge? You hope he sells our best players.

incredible thread this like.

I dont even know what its meant to be about, from what i can tell the OP remembers Spurs selling players and making money from them and wonders out loud if we might do the same.

What? <_<

I refer to the 2008 season where they sold the likes of Berbatov and Keane off for high amounts but then buy the likes of Modric, Defoe, etc to replace them. Basically they reinvested the big transfer fees in some really good players.... and Bentley.

I wouldnt sell Enrique however I am saying if the rumour is true and the deal is done then we have £50mil.

I think his point is they sold players like Berbatov for top dollar and bought players like Modric to usher in a new golden age in the CL. Or something like that. Ignores what they could have achieved with Llambias at the helm and Rapedoo in charge of the team.....

Not sure if this is a serious thread or not. But we were very close to signing Modric. He had a medical as was shown around the training ground. So i dont see how selling one of our best players will change us trying to sign players like Modric.

Enrique leaving will signal one thing and if you need to be told what that is your sky aint blue.

I refer to the 2008 season where they sold the likes of Berbatov and Keane off for high amounts but then buy the likes of Modric, Defoe, etc to replace them. Basically they reinvested the big transfer fees in some really good players.... and Bentley.

I wouldnt sell Enrique however I am saying if the rumour is true and the deal is done then we have £50mil.

look, we're not going to do a spurs ok? we don't have ambitious owner; we have a fat twat who sells high and buys low and doesn't give a shite whether we tread water or sink like a stone. there is nothing to suggest that he's going to start spending money now given the evidence of previous transfer windows.

why sell one of your best players anyway? i tell you why, it's because we're a selling club now. simple. it's not part of any grand plan to help fund a summer spending spree.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Not sure if this is a serious thread or not. But we were very close to signing Modric. He had a medical as was shown around the training ground. So i dont see how selling one of our best players will change us trying to sign players like Modric.

Enrique leaving will signal one thing and if you need to be told what that is your sky aint blue.

As long as we keep nearly signing top players I don't see what the problem is.

I think "close to signing" is a bit rich, he had a medical, was shown round the training ground and then asked "so will you accept a grand a week?....no?....get stuffed then"

why sell one of your best players anyway? i tell you why, it's because we're a selling club now. simple. it's not part of any grand plan to help fund a summer spending spree.

QFT

I might as well save us all the hassle and code this into the forum. Anytime someone posts a transfer related thread, post this as the answer and close thread.

Job Done.

QFT

I might as well save us all the hassle and code this into the forum. Anytime someone posts a transfer related thread, post this as the answer and close thread.

Job Done.

That may be true, but to borrow a verdict from Scottish Law, it's not proven.

Could be in the summer though (or not).

QFT

Job Done.

i will happily do a merry dance in fenwicks' window with my arse hanging out if you are right. everything we have seen so far suggests we will see a small net spend, if anything.

this cunt is bleeding us for every pound he can get. he isn't going to blow £50m net all of a sudden - let alone a more modest figure that most of us would accept. obvioulsy i would love to be proved wrong but there is nothing to suggest he's going to do cuch a radical u turn on previous transfer windows is there?

we just need to accept where we are until someone buys this cunt out and hope for best. he actually got lucky after relegation by stumbling across hughton and unearthing a couple of bargain buys. he's done his best to fuck things up since like by sacking hughton and making mroe net profits in transfer windows and that luck won't last for ever. for every tiote at 3.5m out there, there's an amdy faye.

QFT

Job Done.

i will happily do a merry dance in fenwicks' window with my arse hanging out if you are right. everything we have seen so far suggests we will see a small net spend, if anything.

this cunt is bleeding us for every pound he can get. he isn't going to blow £50m net all of a sudden - let alone a more modest figure that most of us would accept. obvioulsy i would love to be proved wrong but there is nothing to suggest he's going to do cuch a radical u turn on previous transfer windows is there?

we just need to accept where we are until someone buys this cunt out and hope for best. he actually got lucky after relegation by stumbling across hughton and unearthing a couple of bargain buys. he's done his best to fuck things up since like by sacking hughton and making mroe net profits in transfer windows and that luck won't last for ever. for every tiote at 3.5m out there, there's an amdy faye.

ah, at last.

Gloomy bastard.

What was it you used to disagree with me about again ?

QFT

Job Done.

ah, at last.

Gloomy bastard.

lots of things. <_<

QFT

Job Done.

Well he's doing a crap job at that so far (amongst his other failings). He's been transfusing "in" not "out", thus far anyway.

I'll see your Amdy Faye and raise you an Albert Luque or an EMO even.

ah, at last.

Gloomy bastard.

lots of things. <_<

So. You gave me flak, and now admit I was right all along ? What do you have to say for yourself ?

<_<

ah, at last.

Gloomy bastard.

lots of things. <_<

So. You gave me flak, and now admit I was right all along ? What do you have to say for yourself ?

<_<

well no. i still don't agree with you about shepherd. for me, he was a chairman that made a lot of stupid mistakes. but i don't want to get into that with you - it's been done to death.

what i would say though, is the moron in charge of the club right now makes like shepherd look like the best chairman there ever was. that's how shite ashley is.

The reason why Fat Freddy looks great is cause he backed all his managers however he backed some very poor managers in his time and made some silly mistakes. Sacking Bobby Robson! Who the hell sacks Bobby Robson for getting you in to Europe!

Fat Freddy however made some silly mistakes, selling players whilst Robson wanted to keep them. He brought in Souness who has never worked in football management since he got booted. Souness at the time was nearly relegating Blackburn. Let us not talk about Ruud Gulit, 'king kenny and Roeder.

Under fat Freddy we made some truly awful buys. Owen, Luque, Marcelino, etc. Ashley may have got his transfer buying policy wrong in the first season with Sam Allardyce however its showing improvement now with the likes of Tiote, Ben Arfa, Danny Simpson! I am glad we aint buying these big name £17mil Owens!

ah, at last.

Gloomy bastard.

lots of things. <_<

<_<

well no. i still don't agree with you about shepherd. for me, he was a chairman that made a lot of stupid mistakes. but i don't want to get into that with you - it's been done to death.

what i would say though, is the moron in charge of the club right now makes like shepherd look like the best chairman there ever was. that's how shite ashley is.

Well. I don't want to get into it again either. A few more chairman or owners like Ashley might just make you see things differently again though.

The reason why Fat Freddy looks great is cause he backed all his managers however he backed some very poor managers in his time and made some silly mistakes. Sacking Bobby Robson! Who the hell sacks Bobby Robson for getting you in to Europe!

Fat Freddy however made some silly mistakes, selling players whilst Robson wanted to keep them. He brought in Souness who has never worked in football management since he got booted. Souness at the time was nearly relegating Blackburn. Let us not talk about Ruud Gulit, 'king kenny and Roeder.

Under fat Freddy we made some truly awful buys. Owen, Luque, Marcelino, etc. Ashley may have got his transfer buying policy wrong in the first season with Sam Allardyce however its showing improvement now with the likes of Tiote, Ben Arfa, Danny Simpson! I am glad we aint buying these big name £17mil Owens!

<_<

Guest Your Name Here

Shearer, Ginola, Ferdinand, Albert, Beardsley, Milner, Bellamy, Given, Lee, Speed, Hamann, Cole, Robert...

We’ve bought good and bad under both regimes, that’s the nature of buying players. The difference with Ashley’s bargain bucket policy is the expectation levels are lower. Nobody expects much from players who don’t cost much, if anything. If they do well(ish) it’s seen as good business, if they fail it was only to be expected.

Was Best a better buy than Beardsley?

Was Williamson a better buy than Venison?

Was Nolan a better buy then Lee?

Was Routledge a better buy than Sellars?